Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

Firmino has been the best of the forwards again. I genuinely have no idea what you’re watching sometimes.

What has happened to Liverpool’s finishing this year? We nailed on should have four goals here. In fairness Newcastle should have at least one at the other end.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Firmino has been the best of the forwards again. I genuinely have no idea what you’re watching sometimes.

What has happened to Liverpool’s finishing this year? We nailed on should have four goals here. In fairness Newcastle should have at least one at the other end.

He's done two things well, in a sea of shitty passes. The disparity between us seems to be that you value not shooting much more highly than shooting and missing.

Jota has messed up a few times, but at least he's getting into useful positions. That Mane miss though...

That was kinda amazing at the end. 

Given that the first Newcastle goal is chalked off for handball, how is it not a penalty? TAA pushes Wilson in the back when he's about to finish, I'd say I'd consider it an infringement, and I'd expect it given.

May be wrong.

Liverpool fucked up so many chances that it became rather funny. Newcastle could've won this in added time too. Wilson's goal being ruled out was really harsh but the correct decision per the rules. Newcastle should've been awarded a penalty though because TAA quite clearly gives Wilson a shove before the handball incident.

4 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

And in today's episode of Just How Shit Does Firmino Need To Play To Get Dropped?, a bright start through Salah, but our hero has been killing promising counter attacks and fucking up passes like his life depends on it.

Interestingly thought firmino was decent. Should have had a few assists in the first half but our finishing was as bad as it’s been all year.

how Gini keeps getting games is beyond me though. He stifles every attack he’s a part of. Plus he’s not then gonna be here next season just stop playing him

Meanwhile Lewandowski is back from his injury. He even scored a goal again to keep his Müller chase alive. But his goal was too little too late as Bayern still lost to Mainz who have taken giant leap out of the relegation zone. Bremen on the other hand is really drifting towards it.

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

And he's a good player, too. 

Bit too much of a ball-hogger at times, and can  run into cul-de-sacs, but man does he control the ball well.

asm is glorious. and how can he not be ball-hog when there is almost no other creative options in the lineup?

Archived