Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

22 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

asm is glorious. and how can he not be ball-hog when there is almost no other creative options in the lineup?

Oh, come on! 

I mean you have ... 

Well, there's ... 

Let's not forget ... 

Yeah, little else. 

23 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Here. Spot the difference

In fairness in the first challenge it is possible that Chillwell could have been seriously injured because Balbuena's weight does come down on his standing leg while in the second one it's pretty incidental contact with Rudiger just sort of running into his studs. I don't think it should have been a red but I can see why it'd be more of a concern.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

In fairness in the first challenge it is possible that Chillwell could have been seriously injured because Balbuena's weight does come down

Yeah, but the only difference is that Rudiger happened to run closer. The challenge in both was initiated by the kickee. Absolutely no intent nor recklesness - unless we're saying kicking a ball hard at all is reckless in case someone challenges you.

I doubt Sevilla have enough to win La Liga. Atleti have picked up some of their early season form in the last couple of games while Barca after their poor start have been flying in the league ever since - last 22 games (18 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat). Real Madrid are starting to get their big players back from injury - Varane and Carvajal are back, Ramos is back in training and expected to make his return against Osasuna next weekend and Hazard is finally fit again and came off the bench in last night's game. Kroos is expected to make his return against Chelsea while Mendy is touch-and-go for the 1st leg against Chelsea but should be available after that.

Haha. The referee in the Seville/Granada game is such a clown. Sevilla were 2-0 up then Granada scored a 90th minute penalty. 4 minutes of added time was signaled but the ref blew the final whistle on 93 minutes. The players had all gotten to the dressing rooms when the ref decided he fucked up so went and called all the players back to play the last minute. 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Eek. If this means one of these guys becoming manager, then thanks but no thanks.

ETA: I love them all, but that does not mean I want them managing the Arsenal.

While amazingly brilliant players, Henry and Vieira are just not good enough managers, and Bergkamp cannot get on a plane.

Think Vieira has interviewed twice for the Arsenal job already, shouldn’t get close to getting the job. Didn’t Henry do a crappy job in his one role as a manager?

Doesnt mean they would put themselves forward but you could see it happening if Arteta got the sack, which he might do if results don’t improve and the media’s blinkers come off about him 

Archived