Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

Yeah, but better passers like Toni Kroos get those label too on twitter for reasons.

On McTominay himself, he is a useful player for United, who is doing the workhorse job there. Underappreciated, possibly, but that's part of the role. Essien, was basically the most important player for Madrid's first galacticos, but he was underappreciated and undervalued there and thus left for Chelsky. I am not saying McTominay is as good as Essien was, just that those roles often get a bit overlooked.

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

McTominay is no Pirlo but he's not a 5 yard backward and sideways merchant like, say, Winks. He's a pretty decent passer and carrier of the ball.

I don't think he has much quality on the ball, but to give him his due he's positive, not scared of trying things, and he works hard.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Essien, was basically the most important player for Madrid's first galacticos, but he was underappreciated and undervalued there and thus left for Chelsky.

Makelele, not Essien.

34 minutes ago, Raja said:

Not to me :)

But I'll remember that McTominay & Fred is a touchy subject for you.

The McFred thing is annoying less because of what's aimed at them but it's because it's a go-to of anyone-but-Ole types on twitter who refuse to acknowledge that even if they do want him gone he does in fact do good things and bringing the best out of the pair of them is one of them.

53 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Tuchel and Guardiola have the same idea about football.

Tuchel would be lucky to lace Guardiola's shoes.

Which isn't to say that he can't win the final but there's a gulf there.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

because it's a go-to of anyone-but-Ole types on twitter who refuse to acknowledge

The twitter account in question has repeatedly said Ole is the best manager y'all have had since Ferguson :dunno: - don't think he's an 'anyone but ole' type at all.

At least Jim Beglin apologized, but how do people think these are acceptable things to say

5 hours ago, Raja said:

don't think he's an 'anyone but ole' type at all.

I mean fair enough and obviously I wasn't as irritated by it as Consigliere but I don't necessarily check the provenance of a poster before I think 'ugh not this nonsense again'.

5 hours ago, Raja said:

how do people think these are acceptable things to say

Funny how someone like Ben Thatcher was never deemed guilty of having a whiteboy temperament.

Archived