Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

Meh.

No reason to expect something there. But I was wondering at the end there - why on earth was Mings allowed to stay on the field after being down with injury and getting treatment for two minutes? I thought that was a very clear rule - always off the field after. Bummer as he then wins the ball right off the throw-in.

Pretty poor game from us. 

Liverpool should be able to get into the top 4 now. West Brom, Burnley and Palace should yield the full 9 points. Chelsea and Leicester having to play each other is the perfect scenario for Liverpool as well. It'll be close though and could come down to goal difference. I have a feeling that Leicester are going to bottle it again in the home stretch after playing so well for most of the season. 

Outside of the shaky spells after each United goal, we generally looked pretty solid. Our finishing was a little better too, but we still probably should have scored a couple more. Hopefully we can keep up this kind of intensity for the final three games.

I have to say, I expected United to get behind us a lot more, given how slow Williams and Phillips are.

Well at least the fight for the 4th spot will be exciting, since it was looking like only the fight for 5th was going to create some interest at the close of the season. But I'm not happy. This is the first time I rooted for Man U against Liverpool.

6 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Pretty poor game from us. 

Liverpool should be able to get into the top 4 now. West Brom, Burnley and Palace should yield the full 9 points. Chelsea and Leicester having to play each other is the perfect scenario for Liverpool as well. It'll be close though and could come down to goal difference. I have a feeling that Leicester are going to bottle it again in the home stretch after playing so well for most of the season. 

Yes, Liverpool are back in the driver's seat. However, I think you are overstimating their chances a bit. They really have to win all of their games, it's possible they'll pull it off, but I'd still say 50-50. This season Liverpool have shown a real talent for dropping points, where you'd least expect them to, and they really don't have that luxury anymore. So let's see how they'll deal with WBA first. If they were to win that, then the Chelsea-Leicester game would suddenly become so much more interesting.

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Outside of the shaky spells after each United goal, we generally looked pretty solid. Our finishing was a little better too, but we still probably should have scored a couple more. Hopefully we can keep up this kind of intensity for the final three games.

I have to say, I expected United to get behind us a lot more, given how slow Williams and Phillips are.

Feels so wrong seeing you compliment Liverpool :lol:

Archived