Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Incomplete list tho. In addition to the 5% revenue from the UEFA competition, they are also to donate 15m € to the European, Junior, youth and amateur game.

As for Newcastle, yes, they have thrown sorta lifeline to Liverpool's vague hopes to somehow make it into the top four afterall. They must really kicking themselves for not winning their last two league games. Had they beaten Leeds and Newcastle they be trailing Leicester by just 5 with two games in hand now. So they could've put some extra pressure on Leicester. Like I said, the foxes are the team West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool have to catch, as Chelsea will finish 3rd.

Assuming United wins the EL and City and Chelsea finish top four, the EPL would still just get for starters for CL right? Lost a bit track of current qualification rules, when a fifth spot get awarded.

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

The Premier League is also going to fine the six clubs. Sam Wallace wrote an article saying that the clubs will be fined substantially by the Premier League over their attempts to break away with an announcement expected soon on the process that will see them disciplined. The fines are believed to be significant in order for them to have an effect on the six wealthiest clubs in the Premier League and to make clear the seriousness with which the other 14 shareholders and executives regard the offences. The PL is still deciding whether the fine will be payable immediately or will be deducted from future Premier League broadcast income.

Talk about a financial swing. If the last few weeks were a day, they woke up thinking they were getting $400m for free and went to bed knowing they'd have to pay $100m if they ever tried that shit again.

I still think a super league of sorts is inevitable, but it will never be independent and it will be on FIFA's terms. 

Reports that Neymar has signed a new contract with PSG until 2026. An official announcement is expected soon. Salary reported to be €30m/year after tax + performance bonuses + a significant bonus if PSG win the CL.

Talks still ongoing with Mbappe. Reports say he rejected PSG's latest proposal but the club are preparing a new offer.

Look on the bright side, Gooners. Mikel Arteta may be many things, but at least he's not Wayne Rooney.

Derby's chances of avoiding relegation currently looking thinner than Wazza's bum-hair transplant. 

58 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Look on the bright side, Gooners. Mikel Arteta may be many things, but at least he's not Wayne Rooney.

Derby's chances of avoiding relegation currently looking thinner than Wazza's bum-hair transplant. 

Weren't Derby in an even worse position, when he took over?

So I think it's too early too conclude that Shrek is a failure as a manager. Of course, it doesn't screem EPL job offer either.

I hope Brentford don't bottle another playoff and can get promotion. Losing Watkins looked like it would leave a huge hole but Ivan Toney has been fucking immense breaking the championship goal scoring record. I expect there will be loads of PL clubs trying to sign him.

And Bayern unsurprisingly clinched the Bundesliga today before playing Gladbach.

Dortmund managed to beat Leipzig 3-2  (after dropping a 2-0 lead) to keep their CL hopes alive.  Sancho as Dortmund's saviour. On that note Dortmund have taxed Sancho's value at 85-90m € apparently. United is apparently still not willing to pay that. Guess the price might come down further if Dortmund fails to get into the CL.

Arg, that's why I hate offsides!

Chelsea and MC is wild fun and I can't wait for the rematch in the Championship game.

And I would absolutely have this every weekend than three matches between six marginal clubs.

Lewandowski scored a hattrick today, thus is now on 39 goals, one goal short of Müller's record, and he has two games left. So that should be that.

And Tuchel is now 2-0 against Guardiola this year. City are still favorites for the CL final, but Tuchel has shown that he can beat Guardiola. So Chelsky could actually pull that one off.

17 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

just for his set pieces, or do you think he offers a lot in open play too?

It was always more about his long passing than his set-pieces for me. Thought he was gonna settle as a Beckham-lite right winger but he's become really disciplined as a defensive midfield and added short-passing to his game too, so yeah, just all-round.

Why, he doing or not doing something today? I cain't watch any games coz my internet is crippled.

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

It was always more about his long passing than his set-pieces for me. Thought he was gonna settle as a Beckham-lite right winger but he's become really disciplined as a defensive midfield and added short-passing to his game too, so yeah, just all-round.

Why, he doing or not doing something today? I cain't watch any games coz my internet is crippled.

He's not really doing much so far, just drawing my attention at set pieces. Nothing negative, I just thought I'd ask as you see more of him than I do.

Ps. Beckham wasn't all that good in the middle as his first touch was poo.

Archived