Football: The Giggs up!

AncalagonTheBlack

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Can't say I care, hard to like either team

I have to admit, I have found myself warming to Pep, and his team, over the past year or so. Perhaps that's some kind of sub-conscious Arteta connection, but where I used to hate how uncompetitive some of their games could be, now I'm just enjoying how brilliant the football is.

But PSG are a dreadful watch. The histrionics and cynicism are something else.

City took control in the 2nd half but their two goals were rather lucky. PSG were looking comfortable until De Bruyne's fluke goal. Mbappe had a poor game and I'm also not sure what the fuck Poch was thinking by playing Verratti on the left wing.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

City took control in the 2nd half but their two goals were rather lucky. PSG were looking comfortable until De Bruyne's fluke goal. Mbappe had a poor game and I'm also not sure what the fuck Poch was thinking by playing Verratti on the left wing.

Mahrez getting the ball through that wall is unbelievable. Should never have found a way through there. 
Navas really messed up that first goal too.

Also, I actually like all the city players, and I do like Pep. Sure there is a level of tactical fouling that leaves a bad taste but they do push the limit of what a top side should be able to do.

But the owners and whole financial model of both clubs is disgusting 

7 hours ago, Consigliere said:

PSG were not looking comfortable at all as soon as the 2nd half began. 

I do agree with the Poch fucking up part though, especially considering he didn't make subs until the 75' !

So Roma with three injuries int he first half (including their goalkeeper).

That means half time is their last chance to bring on another fresh player. If another players picks up an injury in the second half, they have to finish the game with 10 players.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Roma with three injuries int he first half (including their goalkeeper).

That means half time is their last chance to bring on another fresh player. If another players picks up an injury in the second half, they have to finish the game with 10 players.

Someone needs to tell the rules to their coach, he made 6 subs in a cup game. Lost 0-3 by forfeit but also lost 2-4 on the pitch so no big deal there.

Personally, I think it would'Ve been smarter to Spinazzola on the side lines and hang on until half time with 10 men, and make the sub then. That would've kept the option of making another sub (or two) alive for later in the game.

A bit of a gamble, but I'd rather would have kept that option to make a change in the 60th or 70th minute instead of worrying about another injury early into the second half.

I just saw an interview where Steve Bruce was interviewed about the racial abuse to players on social media platforms. I wasn't paying full attention but I think he said social media is OK because it helped him trace his lost dog. 

22 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I just saw an interview where Steve Bruce was interviewed about the racial abuse to players on social media platforms. I wasn't paying full attention but I think he said social media is OK because it helped him trace his lost dog. 

Dude spoiler. I have yet to read his crime novellas. Not that I intend to, but still.

23 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Think his son was talking about how much crap Bruce gets online from fans. Guess he was looking on the bright side

And the German Cup final will feature Leipzig (they managed to beat Bremen in extra time yesterday, somewhat luckily I might add) and Dortmund, who are pretty much on course against the Bayern slayers from Kiel. 30 mins in 3-0 (Reyna, Reyna, Reus). Haaland is absent due to muscular problems.

Archived