Law Enforcement and its abuse of power

Ser Scot A Ellison

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

A video of Welsh police “arresting” someone

While that looks horrific and can't be justified whatever happened before, clipping it to start at that particular point is a load of shit. 

Also being pedantic, Carrick was not a senior officer. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

While that looks horrific and can't be justified whatever happened before, clipping it to start at that particular point is a load of shit. 

Also being pedantic, Carrick was not a senior officer. 

Looks like phone footage so its possible thats the point where the witness startrd filming

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I do hope he wrote his arrest notes after he was made aware that it had been filmed.  

Are you implying that he might not be totally honest if he thinks there’s no witnesses? ;)

38 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Are you implying that he might not be totally honest if he thinks there’s no witnesses? ;)

Under repeated attack from the subject i took the male to the floor using approved officer safety techniques, however unfortunately because of the violent and volatile nature of the subject who was non compliant throughout, as we fell to the floor he hit the side of his face on the ground causing swelling to his cheek. 

Today’s daily Met fuck-up. Guy threatening to jump off a balcony. So naturally they tasered him and he … fell off the balcony and died.

The commissioner nust have palpitations every morning when he opens the papers, dreading to learn what his cops have been up to.

https://news.sky.com/story/two-met-police-officers-investigated-in-manslaughter-probe-after-man-dies-in-taser-balcony-incident-12879101

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

11 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Today’s daily Met fuck-up. Guy threatening to jump off a balcony. So naturally they tasered him and he … fell off the balcony and died.

The commissioner nust have palpitations every morning when he opens the papers, dreading to learn what his cops have been up to.

https://news.sky.com/story/two-met-police-officers-investigated-in-manslaughter-probe-after-man-dies-in-taser-balcony-incident-12879101

I can think of any number of scenarios where that was the best tactical option. Until it goes wrong and all the armchair experts in the press prematurely hang you out to dry. 

You aren't wrong though, the boss probably has to have whisky on his cornflakes to get through the morning papers.

Alternative headline 'met officers stand around with fingers up arse while man falls to his death'. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I can think of any number of scenarios where that was the best tactical option. Until it goes wrong and all the armchair experts in the press prematurely hang you out to dry. 

You aren't wrong though, the boss probably has to have whisky on his cornflakes to get through the morning papers.

Alternative headline 'met officers stand around with fingers up arse while man falls to his death'. 

It's early and my brain isn't working. 

In what scenarios is it a good idea to taser someone standing on the edge of a balcony? I'm struggling to imagine a positive outcome. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Reading the article, yeah, I agree it'd be best to wait for more information to be provided.  Indeed, based on the text there should be bodycam as well as CCTV footage that would hopefully and eventually become publicly available (and frankly should be clarifying things already).

What I'm just wondering is why anyone would put whisky on their cornflakes.  Just drink the whisky and eat the cornflakes.  I don't understand you people.

Cornflakes with whiskey sounds like a terrible waste of whiskey and cornflakes. 

However, around ten years ago staying on a Scottish island, I was served porridge with cream, brown sugar and whiskey. That kind of breakfast might even help a police commissioner get through his day and bugger the headlines. 

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

It's early and my brain isn't working. 

In what scenarios is it a good idea to taser someone standing on the edge of a balcony? I'm struggling to imagine a positive outcome. 

They are armed so you can't get close to stop them safely, and have committed to jumping, i.e. are running towards the balcony edge. Only safe way to stop them is to taser them. 

Ot they are on the balcony and are armed and start to cut wrists or throat (I've watched someone cut their throat through a window, 2nd worst thing I've ever seen). You taser them and they fall of the balcony but what was the alternative? 

Edited by BigFatCoward