Black Crow

Heresy 235 The Winter Snow

39 minutes ago, LynnS said:

At the end of Dance,  Jon dies and Theon is about to be sacrificed, either to the Red God or to the Old Gods. 

I would argue neither Jon’s death nor Theon as a sacrifice is a given.  Really my issue is I’m having trouble with Jamie going from MIA to Lightbringer.  

He wants to become like Arthur Dane but will he?  I would think his encounter with LS will determine how the rest of his story goes. 

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

It's been suggested all three dreams take place in WF:  Theon's in the great feasting hall, Jon's in the crypts, and Jamie's?

He doesn't recognize the dark cavernous space with the water seeping in.  Below WF crypts, perhaps?  All of the dreams deal with death and ghosts and each has a visit from a ferocious direwolf.  

Jamie's sleeping on WW stump so a BR/Bran connection is possible.  Jon and Theon are terrified by their dreams, only Jamie has a symbolic death when his light goes out.

I dunno.  Jon and Theon certainly have complicated, very personal relationships with Winterfell.  Jaime doesn’t

And everything seen in Jaime’s dreams were all intensely personal for him.  Tywin, Cersei, Lannister ancestors, Rhaegar, his former Kingsguard brothers.  And of course Brienne.

I do find this bit a little amusing.  It was Jaime’s dream that prompted him to return to Harrenhal and rescue Brienne.  After which Steelshanks confronts Jaime:

Not until they were half a league from Harrenhal and out of range of archers on the walls did Steelshanks Walton let his anger show. “Are you mad, Kingslayer? Did you mean to die? No man can fight a bear with his bare hands!”
“One bare hand and one bare stump,” Jaime corrected. 

So turning back to the “pillow” under Jaime’s head when he had his dream:

Qyburn had brought a skin of dreamwine, thankfully. While Walton set the watches, Jaime stretched out near the fire and propped a rolled-up bearskin against a stump as a pillow for his head.

His pillow was basically a bear stump.  Which prompted him to face a bear with a bare stump.

Edited by Frey family reunion

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

He wants to become like Arthur Dane but will he?  I would think his encounter with LS will determine how the rest of his story goes. 

:agree:

22 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

So turning back to the “pillow” under Jaime’s head when he had his dream:

This also calls to mind High Heart and it's ring of stumps, Beric below perched on a weirwood throne.  GOHH telling Thoros that his fires will have no power and yet he raises Beric from the dead once again in that place. 

18 hours ago, Tucu said:

By the time they left Maegor's Holdfast, the sky had turned a deep cobalt blue, though the stars still shone. All but one, Cersei thought. The bright star of the west has fallen, and the nights will be darker now

Here's another one:

A Clash of Kings - Bran III

"Was there one who was best of all?"

"The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed." Father had gotten sad then, and he would say no more. Bran wished he had asked him what he meant.

So not forged from the heart of a falling star, but a fallen star.

Edited by LynnS

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Here's another one:

So not forged from the heart of a falling star, but a fallen star.

All these takes us to the enochian books: Book of the Watchers and Book of Giants. They tell the stories of the Watchers (angels) that bred with human women creating a race of Giants (Nephilim) that later were the target of the Great Flood.

And Uriel said to me: "Here shall stand the angels who have connected themselves with women, and their spirits assuming many different forms are defiling mankind and shall lead them astray into sacrificing to demons 'as gods', (here shall they stand,) till 'the day of' the great judgment in which they shall be judged till they are made an end of. And the women also of the angels who went astray shall become sirens.' And I, Enoch alone, saw the vision, the ends of all things; and no man shall see as I have seen

Edited by Tucu