Inspiration for the House Florent sigil

Sir Tumbleweed

In Japanese folklore there's something called a 'Kitsune' that takes the forms of both humans and foxes. They have alot of magic and superstition around them, but most importantly (for this thread) is they have the ability to shape shift. A crucial part of specifically this spell is putting a leaf above their head.

--Hey wait, that's the Florent sigil!

Has anyone noticed any weird happenings around this house? The only thing that I've come up with so far is that Lady Selyse was the one who brought Melissandre (a shapeshifter) to Stannis. I'm wondering if there's anything else readers have picked up on.

1 hour ago, Sir Tumbleweed said:

Oh wow, that picture's just like their sigil. Maybe I'm way off

Who knows maybe we both are , but it is fun to speculate sometimes.

I really liked Tv show Cersei saying a fable to Tommen in Blackwater episode, that Martin supposedly wrote , so his sigils maybe inspired by various of fables or such:

No one's going to hurt you. I'll tell you a story. You know the one about the mother lion and her little cub? They lived in the woods.

TOMMEN: The Kingswood?

CERSEI: Yes, my love. In the Kingswood, there lived a mother and her cub. She loved him very much. But there were other things that lived in the woods. Evil things.

TOMMEN: Like what?

CERSEI: Like stags.

TOMMEN: Stags aren't evil. They only eat grass.

CERSEI: And wolves.

CERSEI: "For one day, all the beasts will bow to you. "You will be king. "All the stags will bow. All the wolves will bow. "The bears in the north and the foxes of the south, "all the birds in the sky and the beasts in the sea, "they will all come to you, little lion, "to rest a crown upon your head.

Archived