US Politics: Biden Hood - Prince of Plebs

DMC

On 5/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, DMC said:

The unpopularity of the GOP among millennials/Gen Z is indeed unprecedented - I also am familiar with panel data dating back to the mid-70s that show early Boomers weren't nearly this left-leaning at a young age either.  It will take an equally unprecedented shift in attitudes as voters age for the GOP to make up for this discrepancy as the millennials/Gen Zers come to dominate the electorate.

Don't worry Matt Gaetz is trying hard to get more young women into the Republican movement.

:leaving:

22 hours ago, Ormond said:

I think the author of this article, like many people, doesn't understand how the average voter in the USA defines the "elite". They do not see corporations or business leaders as part of the "elite". The "elite" are college professors and those who are actively involved in the arts and sciences or mainstream journalism. I don't think most people define "elite" as being a synonym of "rich" anymore. 

Stuff like this always makes me think about the Cambodian and Rwandan genocides, and how they got there.  And of course the various Communist and Fascist massacres of intellectuals.

Humans are scarily good at hatred.

Can this country get any more bonkers?  Evidently it always can. :crying:

Now the anti-vaxxer conspiracists are considering whether or not to wear masks and socially distance to protect themselves from whatever it is the vaccinated shed, that messes up menstrual cycles and all sorts of who knows what.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nnwg/anti-maskers-ready-to-start-maskingto-protect-themselves-from-the-vaccinated

20 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Chipotle raising minimum wage to $15 an hour.  should other major outfits follow suit, could get interesting in certain red states...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/accoutrements-angry-mob-play-set-2008-1882265995

Look at Amazon, adding another 75,000 employees, with starting wages of $17 an hour. Amazon added 500,000 employees last year, the greatest number, I believe, any company has ever added in one year, even in WW2.

26 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Chipotle raising minimum wage to $15 an hour.  should other major outfits follow suit, could get interesting in certain red states...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/accoutrements-angry-mob-play-set-2008-1882265995

Now if they could just tell their employees to serve the people in line first before doing 10 online orders in a row.....

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Now if they could just tell their employees to serve the people in line first before doing 10 online orders in a row.....

Go to the one on excelsior and hwy 100. I placed an online order because the sign said online orders only and had to wait an hour during which they made burritos for people who ignored the sign. I have no idea what is happening at Chipotle lately

26 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Go to the one on excelsior and hwy 100. I placed an online order because the sign said online orders only and had to wait an hour during which they made burritos for people who ignored the sign. I have no idea what is happening at Chipotle lately

Funny, I went there a few weeks ago and there were like 25 people waiting for their online orders while I just walked in and was out in a few minutes. 

It felt like I was in the real life version of The Birds.

ETA: Why are you going there over the two in Uptown? Both have better service, at least pre-pandemic.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Funny, I went there a few weeks ago and there were like 25 people waiting for their online orders while I just walked in and was out in a few minutes. 

It felt like I was in the real life version of The Birds.

ETA: Why are you going there over the two in Uptown? Both have better service, at least pre-pandemic.

The one on Hennepin in Uptown is garbage. The one by Whole Foods is the best Chipotle. The St Louis Park one gave me e. Coli once and has made me wait for an hour more than once.

It was on my way home from work though, and so was very hungry. This contributed to how angry I became

4 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

The one on Hennepin in Uptown is garbage. The one by Whole Foods is the best Chipotle. The St Louis Park one gave me e. Coli once and has made me wait for an hour more than once.

It was on my way home from work though, and so was very hungry. This contributed to how angry I became

Go to the one between there and SLP, on the opposite side of the lakes*, where the .1%ers shop. It's always better.

*I need to stop calling it Lake Calhoun, but it's so ingrained into my youth. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Go to the one between there and SLP, on the opposite side of the lakes*, where the .1%ers shop. It's always better.

*I need to stop calling it Lake Calhoun, but it's so ingrained into my youth. 

That’s the one by Whole Foods. And if you can learn Danaerys Targaryen you can get used to Bde Maka Ska. 

the Hopkins one is also good

3 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

That’s the one by Whole Foods. And if you can learn Danaerys Targaryen you can get used to Bde Maka Ska. 

the Hopkins one is also good

There's another further into the city also right next to a WF. The one I mentioned is associated more with the lakes, but there is a WF there too just like there's one right by the one on Hennepin.

And sure, but the house I want to buy is on the Lake of the Isles. 

(And yes the Hopkins one is good too, plus it's empty every time you go to it)

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's another further into the city also right next to a WF. The one I mentioned is associated more with the lakes, but there is a WF there too just like there's one right by the one on Hennepin.

And sure, but the house I want to buy is on the Lake of the Isles. 

(And yes the Hopkins one is good too, plus it's empty every time you go to it)

You got an extra few million around for Lake of the Isles? I live a few blocks away and it’s like another planet of rich aliens over there

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

You got an extra few million around for Lake of the Isles? I live a few blocks away and it’s like another planet of rich aliens over there

Life goals, or as you said I could look a mile East and buy one of those giant but run down houses that exist all over the area. 

The (kinda) funny thing is that she was running against Chip Roy. Roy is significantly more conservative than Stefanik on every actual policy issue. However, Stefanik is all-in on being a Trump toadie, whereas Roy is relatively principled (for a conservative). He didn't voted to impeach Trump, but said that Trump did commit an impeachable offense and Democrats just drafted the wrong articles. Which is wishy washy, but better than most Republicans.

More than that though, back in early January (before the 6th) he tried objecting to any members of congress being seated from any of the six main states where there was talk of trying to block the electors or overturn the election results. He said that if there truly was rampant fraud, like many of his Republican colleagues were suggesting, it made no sense to trust any congressional election results either. Naturally this attempt at pointing out the hypocrisy pissed off all the Republicans elected from those states and he got exactly 1 vote to agree with him on the objection.

Cyber Ninjas, UV lights and far-right funding: inside the strange Arizona 2020 election ‘audit’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/14/arizona-election-audit-recount-ballots-maricopa-county

Last week, the counting itself looked relatively simple, even boring. Workers were divided up into four teams. Tables with lazy susans in the middle were scattered across the arena floor. Three workers sat at each table with a tally sheet and counted votes in the presidential and US senate race as the ballots spun around the table. Once they finished counting a batch, the ballots go to a second table, where workers photographed each side, and then scanned the ballots under microscopic cameras. Observers dressed in bright orange shirts roamed the floor and watched for wrongdoing. A banner for Phoenix’s women’s basketball team hangs high above the floor that says: “The Madhouse is our house.”

Despite the benign appearance, expert observers say there are glaring problems with the audit. Jennifer Morrell, a former election official designated a floor observer by the secretary of state’s office, noted that the ballots were spinning quickly around the table, giving counters little time to see the marks on the paper. In instances where there were discrepancies in the count, Morrell said she saw each table handle recounts slightly differently. She was also alarmed to see that once the ballots were tallied, there was no check to ensure that workers were entering aggregate totals into software.

“There’s nobody verifying that what they entered was correct,” she said. “One person, single point of failure, as a former election official, someone who does audits, it’s a huge red flag for me,” she said.

The audit has been livestreamed online since it began in late April, but in-person public access is limited to just a handful of pool reporters who rotate in five-hour shifts and watch the effort from the arena’s press box, a dust-covered section about 20 rows up in the stands. It was close enough to see the counting on the floor, but not enough to see any details (some reporters brought binoculars to try and get a better view). Armed members of Arizona Rangers, a volunteer auxiliary law enforcement group, were stationed in the box and members accompanied reporters to the bathroom.

It’s not clear what exactly the endgame of the audit is. Hobbs said she expected the officials to issue a report based on procedures that would be difficult to replicate because the process was so opaque. And Bennett acknowledged last week there was likely to be some discrepancy between the auditors’ total and the official total.

“I don’t think anyone’s expecting that you’re going to count 2.1m somethings twice, using different methods, and you’re going to come up with exactly the same number,” he said. “The only unacceptable error rate is when it’s enough to make a difference in a particular race. And I’m not expecting there to be a difference of that magnitude.”

Even though the audit won’t change the outcome of the 2020 race, it could still do damage by falsely making it appear that there was something amiss with election machinery.

Note the language, right out of slasher-snuff of pretty girl horror -- like Nanceeeeeeeeeeeeee Nanceeeeeeeeeeeeeee where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre You?  Come out and play.

Archived