Sign in to follow this  
DMC

US Politics: Biden Hood - Prince of Plebs

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, S John said:

Personally, if I was going to be dead at the end of the day either way I think I’d rather be executed by firing squad than risk a botched injection.

Bad optics for sure, but if you’re going to kill people at least get it right.

Can I at least please be executed by trying to prove I am the one human who can defeat an elephant unarmed?

And to close out this thread, this is Murika:

Edited by Tywin et al.

I think one of the reasons why there’s an issue with chemical executions is because some drug manufacturers don’t want to be associated with lethal injections. The fact that too many people have turned out to be innocent a few years after their deaths has definitely been a factor, enough to give drugs a bad name.

Firing squads arent particularly humane either, you have to hit the heart and the people firing often miss. The argument for a lethal injection is it at least mimics a medical procedure, while the firing squad essentially....looks violent.

At any rate, I would be remiss in not pointing out that Edison was one of the key movers towards getting the electric chair accepted as one of the forms of execution in NY state, to show the perils of AC (developed by ...the guy in my profile pic). That too is not particularly humane (the first execution was gloriously botched leaving the prisoner in agony before it eventually worked). They should just do away with the whole thing

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Can I at least please be executed by trying to prove I am the one human who can defeat an elephant unarmed?

And to close out this thread, this is Murika:

But to really close out this thread [crosses fingers] this is America too:

25 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

But to really close out this thread [crosses fingers] this is America too:

So they should be investigating the tRump criminal activities which are so various, in so many varieties of criminal, including national treason.