NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So a wth question... If jacksonville calls GB about Rodgers, #1 overall for him straight up... Prospect for current MVP player?

That would be a hard no if I'm the Jags.

Also, you can't forget Love is there, which is why the Packers won't want a QB or a pick meant to get a one. And Rodgers is worth three first rounders plus. Bad trade for both sides.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That would be a hard no if I'm the Jags.

Also, you can't forget Love is there, which is why the Packers won't want a QB or a pick meant to get a one. And Rodgers is worth three first rounders plus. Bad trade for both sides.

Yeah.  It’s why I know SF has no chance at him.  Could have before they traded up to 3.

And, I figure that if they do ship him, he won’t go to an NFC team.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Seven minutes.  Draft starts in seven minutes.

You did it! You weren't idiots!!!

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Yeah.  It’s why I know SF has no chance at him.  Could have before they traded up to 3.

And, I figure that if they do ship him, he won’t go to an NFC team.

They shouldn't care about trading him within the NFC. They should take the best deal regardless, even if that means trading him to the Bears. And I agree, like I said before, having several picks would be more helpful than a high pick.

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

GM hat on, say 3 QBs and Pitts go in the top four, do you trade your next three first round picks to the Bengals to pick either Fields or Lance?

And @Mexal and @Nictarion, do you take that?

Trade my next three first round picks? No. Two first rounders, a second round one, and a third round another year? Yeah.

I expected Pitts to go at four, but that's because I thought the Fields would go to SF. Falcons are going to regret not grabbing Fields and trading Ryan.

9 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Trade my next three first round picks? No. Two first rounders, a second round one, and a third round another year? Yeah.

It will cost you more than that to move from 20 to 5, especially now that only one premium QB prospect is left.

6 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

Guess at least it wasn't Mac Jones

Anyone except Jones was a good pick. I still think Fields is the second best prospect, but Lance has a lot of upside and he's in a perfect situation to be groomed for a year or two.

Guess we can conclude that Handsome Jimmy will be alive on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

Wait, am I reading that right - Lance had a 50% completion rate in 2020?

Oh wait, he only played one game in 2020, and apparently wasn't great in it. Never mind. 

4 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

Wait, am I reading that right - Lance had a 50% completion rate in 2020?

Played one game.  Against Arkansas State.

Only started 17 games total.

I don’t know if the stat still holds up, but I remember a few years ago that the number one predictor of QB success in the NFL was number of collegiate starts.  It’s part of how you could know Trubisky and Cardale Jones weren’t going to be good.

So I’m definitely of mixed feelings on this.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Played one game.  Against Arkansas State.

Only started 17 games total.

I don’t know if the stat still holds up, but I remember a few years ago that the number one predictor of QB success in the NFL was number of collegiate starts.  It’s part of how you could know Trubisky and Cardale Jones weren’t going to be good.

So I’m definitely of mixed feelings on this.

Well, the other predictor of QB success in the NFL is completion %. So that 2020 thing wasn't so great!

Archived