NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

9 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Bungals thinking with their cock instead of their brain. I love it.

Good luck stopping Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd. 

This is a very deep draft class for OL. There will be guys with 1st round grades available tomorrow night. 

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

This is a very deep draft class for OL. There will be guys with 1st round grades available tomorrow night. 

bengals will stop themselves

7 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Eh.  Preferred Sewell or a trade back.

Sewell would be the better pick, but your team has a bad record with drafting lineman high and you need to give Tua all the weapons he could ask for to see if he's legit or not. When he was drafted I said he was Chad Pennington with a bigger arm who could be mobile if he recovered from his hip injury. So far he's just been, well, Chad Penningtonish, which is fine, but not what the modern game needs.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I'd say Sewell qualifies as a knee biter

Knees seem like one of the worst places to try and bite assuming you're not a zombie that can magically rip people to shreds despite barely being able to walk/run.

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Even deeper class for wr.  Bengals aren't my team, but imo it's easier to find a stud reciever on day 2 than a stud lineman.

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

It's a deep draft for middling OL. There were two clear top dogs and you passed on the best one. If Burrow didn't get hurt I'd say the pick was fine, but that's not the case. You have to protect your franchise's potential biggest investment ever. 

definitely a great set of receivers, not arguing that, but when you have two good receivers already I wonder why you don't take the sure bet OT there. Especially after what happened to Burrow last year. Sewell is as low risk as it gets. I wouldn't roll the dice on a day two tackle.

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Even deeper class for wr.  Bengals aren't my team, but imo it's easier to find a stud reciever on day 2 than a stud lineman.

For one season recently the Vikes had possibly the best 1-2 punch at WR. One was a fifth rounder, the other was undrafted. Hard to replicate something like that on the line.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Not for outside WR’s it’s not. It’s mostly slot and smaller gadget players after the top guys. And we already have one of the best slot WR’s in the league in Tyler Boyd. What we need the most on offense (outside of RG) is a down the field deep threat. And Chase’s big play numbers with Burrow were off the charts. He averaged 21.2 yards in 2019. That’s insane. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Denver, you are dumb. Really fucking dumb. 

Sorry @dbunting, time to trade back now that the DBs are gone. Or trade Dak and draft Fields. :devil:

I'd say Slater then, shore up the OL that was a disaster last year and get a DB 2nd rd or trade into the back end for a sliding one or the safety from TCU... unless you can trade back.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I'd say Slater then, shore up the OL that was a disaster last year and get a DB 2nd rd or trade into the back end for a sliding one or the safety from TCU... unless you can trade back.

Traded back to 12.

Archived