NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

Well Parsons it is

I never watch PSU other than the bowl game after the 2018 season against Kentucky.  He would have been a freshman then, but I have zero recollection of him and Kentucky ran roughshod on them.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well Parsons it is

I'm kinda meh. He better be Brian Urlacher and be able to take over the whole center of the field else they just slightly upgraded the linebacker position. LVE and Jaylon Smith are on notice, I guess. 

Think McShay’s final mock had Mac Jones falling to NE at 15.

And you know what... now that he’s still here, I kinda wish we had held onto our picks and just taken Jones at this point.

Just now, Trebla said:

I'm kinda meh. He better be Brian Urlacher and be able to take over the whole center of the field else they just slightly upgraded the linebacker position. LVE and Jaylon Smith are on notice, I guess. 

Yeah, once the two DB's were gone it was kind of a crap shoot. I would rather have taken Slater but again, I'm not a GM or even close to it.

12 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Trade back

Decent trade. We moved back nine spots to add the 66th and 86th picks while also giving up the 143rd pick.

I have consistently said I would always try to max out the value I could get overall from the top 100 prospects and I happily support this even if the top edge rusher was there to be had.

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

I like how Jones and Lance started the exact same amount of games.  I don't think this necessarily means Jimmy stays.

Big difference between 17 games in the SEC and 17 games in 1-AA. :dunno: 

I like Lance. He’s talented.  Feel like we may be back in a Smith-Kaepernick situation though.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Big difference between 17 games in the SEC and 17 games in 1-AA. :dunno:

Certainly.  I just think Monday's press conference Shanahan seemed done with Garoppolo, regardless of who they picked.  And not just the hilariously maudlin line.  Honestly, I'm not sure how great of an idea it is to keep both on the team - gone back and forth on this since they made they trade.  Could get really awkward real quick.  If it was New York it'd be untenable.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Still a more effective strategy than when Al Davis was alive.

It is still kinda amazing to me that the raiders had a rep for always wasting picks on super fast not terribly talented wrs, and yet they passed on both megatron and fitzgerald.  

Archived