NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Looks like A.A.Ron is close to reporting to camp, with his contract being reworked to shorten it and a gentlemen's agreement to trade him after the season if he's still unhappy. I actually think this is bad for both sides, but not trading him before the draft handcuffed the Packers. 

Apparently Cole Beasley went to twitter to complain that there are still mask, social distance, and COVID testing rules for unvaccinated players and pretty much back to normalcy for vaccinated players.  It sounded like he was advocating that everyone should be under the same rules as 2020 "because it worked well".  He also said that professional athletes need to be more careful of the vaccine because of the career they chose, and wants to be called "pro-choice", not "anti-vax".  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On 7/30/2021 at 11:06 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Death, taxes and Wentz with what appears to be a serious injury. Some things never change.

Now Quenton Nelson had same injury and out same amount of time 

Meanwhile, in Baltimore, Lamar Jackson made an Instagram post with a misleading article about the covid vaccine not working and his comment implied that the vaccine was created by Satan.

This, of course, is the same Lamar Jackson that is currently out with covid for the second time.

He has since deleted the post, but I saw Ravens fans on reddit starting to turn on him and it was glorious to see as a Browns fan. 

20 minutes ago, briantw said:

The first few minutes I was like, "YEAH FOOTBALL" and then I quickly remembered why I don't watch preseason NFL and shut that shit down.

US women's Olympic beach volleyball winning the gold was 100 times better than that slop. 

6 hours ago, briantw said:

The first few minutes I was like, "YEAH FOOTBALL" and then I quickly remembered why I don't watch preseason NFL and shut that shit down.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I only watched the first two series, mostly to see Parsons on the field.

So been following the Niners camp, and one of the main stories the past couple days has been about poor Alex Mack and...his swamp ass - 49ers QBs Battling Center Alex Mack’s Excessive Sweating in San Francisco:

“It definitely makes it difficult if you’re not ready for it, I would say,” Garoppolo told reporters. “I’ve kind of learned throughout my career how to deal with it, but the best way I could describe it is you’re playing in a dry game and all of the sudden it’s a rain game when you get the snap.” [...]

“He works hard out there and has a little bit of a sweating issue. And we need like a beach towel. The quarterbacks are working through that. Honestly it happens with almost all centers,” Shanahan said. “Maybe Mack a little worse than others, but no, I mean, [Atlanta Falcons QB] Matt Ryan used to make him change his pants like every period. It doesn’t stay dry too long. It’s part of football.”

Another quote from Garoppolo is him literally saying "I don't know why we're talking about this," and I whole-heartedly agree!

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Another quote from Garoppolo is him literally saying "I don't know why we're talking about this," and I whole-heartedly agree!

Mr. President, it is not only possible. It is essential. Zhat is the whole idea of zhis... machine, you know. 

Deterrence is the art of producing in ze mind of ze quarterback ze FEAR to receive ze snap. And so because of ze automated and irrevocable sweating process which rules out human meddling ze swamp ass is terrifying? Yes? It's simple to understand? And completely credible and convincing...

Ze one zhing I do not understand, Mr. Assbassador, is zhat the whole point of ze swamp ass is lost. If YOU keep IT a SECRET! VHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ZE WORLD, EH!?! 

Archived