NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I think it makes sense. Think about other sports where you’re fully in a team mindset. Other football players and basketball players who are great typically don’t short circuit in the same way. OTOH, baseball players, golfers, etc. can have a great year or two and then suddenly be terrible. Being alone up at the plate can break players mentally, and it probably works exactly the same way with kickers. Your failure is yours and yours alone and everyone is watching it happen.

I know he's not a super famous NFL receiver, but I have to say, I'm disappointed that Rashard Higgins' red carpet walk didn't make it into this year's Madden as a signature celebration.  One of the best touchdown celebrations out there, and Mayfield's slide is fantastic.

This thread has been surprisingly dead given the season kicks off today. Anyways, Pick'em league is open again, if you want to sign up just PM your email address. It literally only takes 5 minutes per week to play.

Posting here because I am desperate but we have 1 opening in our Dynasty fantasy football league and 2 openings in the keeper league.  These are great leagues because you get to build a team and keep players year to year.

If you want to join, the Dynasty draft is Tuesday at 9pm eastern and keeper is Thursday at 9 pm eastern.  We are missing week 1.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The kickoff game tonight is gonna be messy I think.  Reports on Dak in camp have not been encouraging, and the Bucs D is not messing around.  I'd be surprised if it's a one score game in the 4th. 

I'd be surprised if it's a 1 score game in the 1st. This is going to be like watching Tyson fight an infant with club foot.

I can't wait!

59 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

I'd be surprised if it's a 1 score game in the 1st. This is going to be like watching Tyson fight an infant with club foot.

I can't wait!

Pretty unavoidable that it be a one score game in the first quarter...

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

:lol:

It sounds like he needs his eyes checked.  No, seriously.  I remember when Carlos Rogers had a ton of trouble with drops in Washington (less of a problem for a cornerback, but still a problem), and then he went to SF and they were like "he needs contacts". 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

It sounds like he needs his eyes checked.  No, seriously.  I remember when Carlos Rogers had a ton of trouble with drops in Washington (less of a problem for a cornerback, but still a problem), and then he went to SF and they were like "he needs contacts". 

I was surprised following the Winston news that players said lots of teams across sports don't check players' eyes during their physicals. Seems bonkers to me.

I will say though that the college ball looks cooler on TV. 

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

On the plus side, he's 3 weeks old so he likely can't see far enough to the TV to see that grin. Thank god.

Congrats btw if I didn't say so before.

Regarding the game, I have no idea what to expect. The Vikings are better, but both units have an obvious flaw. The O-line once again is a problem, and right you can't trust our CBs. If Burrow is close to 100% he should be able to get a few scores, but at the sametime he's probably going to be under fire for most of the game. If Cousins gets time we can probably hang >30 on you guys, but I would be just as unsurprised if we scored less than 20. My guess is we'll win an ugly game with a few big broken plays.

Archived