NFL 2021 - Draft Day or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pick

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Just now, Nictarion said:

Don’t you dare saddle that poor kid with this misery.

Zac Taylor being an NFL coach is absolutely criminal. Fucking moron goes for it on 4th down  from his own 30 up by two TD’s. Completely swung the game. 

I don't mind that call. What I do mind is how he went into a complete shell after it. There has been zero aggressiveness since that call.

What a fucking horrible call.

No evidence of a fumble, but a team celebrates like they got one so the refs give it to them. On replay, clearly not a fumble, but hey they can't say it's 100% not a fumble, so give it to them anyways. What utter bullshit. 

Three terrible calls that have all gone for the Bengals. Without them it's an easy win for the Vikes.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No evidence of a fumble, but a team celebrates like they got one so the refs give it to them. On replay, clearly not a fumble, but hey they can't say it's 100% not a fumble, so give it to them anyways. What utter bullshit. 

Three terrible calls that have all gone for the Bengals. Without them it's an easy win for the Vikes.

Looked like a fumble to me.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Looked like a fumble to me.

He was sitting on the ground before the ball came out. They didn't confirm it, just said we don't know. And it was only called because the Bengals acted like they got it. 

Again, three key calls in the game, all went in the Bengals favor, and all three were wrong. I really like the phantom holding call when none of the refs even knew who it was on.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

He was sitting on the ground before the ball came out. They didn't confirm it, just said we don't know. And it was only called because the Bengals acted like they got it. 

Again, three key calls in the game, all went in the Bengals favor, and all three were wrong. I really like the phantom holding call when none of the refs even knew who it was on.

That wasn't clear. The views that existed was from a position that it was impossible to see if the ball was moving as his ass was on the ground. That's why the call on the field, whether a fumble or down, would stand.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dude, your team had like 37 penalties. They had no business even being in this game. 

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

That wasn't clear. The views that existed was from a position that it was impossible to see if the ball was moving as his ass was on the ground. That's why the call on the field, whether a fumble or down, would stand.

Exactly, it wasn't clear, but it was clear his ass was on the ground and he still hand the ball to some degree. It was the reaction of the players that led the officials to call it a fumble well after the play, and then they just said we can't tell. It shouldn't have been called a fumble from the jump. That's the point, because the refs never saw a fumble either.

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Dude, your team had like 37 penalties. They had no business even being in this game. 

When there's 10 penalties on one side and 1 on the other at halftime and they're all holding calls, that's home cooking. The Bengals line was holding like crazy all game and never got called for it. 

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Throwing on 4th and inches was pretty aggressive… :P

Blew me away. I bet Burrow audibled to it like a boss. I don't believe Taylor would call that.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Exactly, it wasn't clear, but it was clear his ass was on the ground and he still hand the ball to some degree. It was the reaction of the players that led the officials to call it a fumble well after the play, and then they just said we can't tell. It shouldn't have been called a fumble from the jump. That's the point, because the refs never saw a fumble either.

When there's 10 penalties on one side and 1 on the other at halftime and they're all holding calls, that's home cooking. The Bengals line was holding like crazy all game and never got called for it. 

Meh. You bitch because the call went against you but you can't show me that the call was wrong. Having your hand on the ball to some degree doesn't mean it's not a fumble.

Dude, the holds were pretty damn clear, as were all the false starts. Your guys were literally tackling our DL.

I heard a story this week about the Saints relocating this game due to the hurricane that I loved.  When given the choice of any Florida NFL stadium to play in today against Green Bay; the Saints checked the cost of flights from Green Bay to Miami/Tampa/Jacksonville.  Jax was the most expensive flight for any fans that might want to come down, so NO picked that field.  :lol: 

Blew me away. I bet Burrow audibled to it like a boss. I don't believe Taylor would call that.

Meh. You bitch because the call went against you but you can't show me that the call was wrong. Having your hand on the ball to some degree doesn't mean it's not a fumble.

Dude, the holds were pretty damn clear, as were all the false starts. Your guys were literally tackling our DL.

Speaking of that DL…Reader and Ogunjobi looked absolutely dominant. I know the Vikes are banged up on their OL, but I don’t think our interior pass rush had that many sacks all last season.   

Just now, Nictarion said:

Speaking of that DL…Reader and Ogunjobi looked absolutely dominant. I know the Vikes are banged up on their OL, but I don’t think our interior pass rush had that many sacks all last season.   

Much improved. I miss Ossai. The Bengals DL could be dominant with one more pass rusher on the outside.

Nah, this is a former RB thing more than being a Vikings fan. Defensive players react like they got a fumble all the time when there's nothing there. That's exactly what happened here. The refs didn't see a fumble at all, and on replay it looks more likely than not that Cook didn't fumble, but they reacted to the players then didn't change the call. 

As were several that weren't called on your side. Burrow was playing with an eight man line.

Just look at the JJ challenge. He was clearly over the line before anything touched, but hey, not a touchdown because.... per the refs, we can't see.

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

JJ was ridiculous. That should have been a TD. I thought it was pretty clear.

That happened all game dude. Your side got every call.

Again, I played RB at the varsity level. I stopped letting the ball go long after I was tackled because of what we just saw. I would get tackled, not fumble, and while getting up the other team would act like they stripped me and the ref would just give it to them. That's the exact horeshit that we saw. 

Bengals deserved the win because the Vikes were not good, but it's garbage that it ended in that way. Hats off to your coach for having the balls to call that passing play.

Archived