Silliest Movie Premises that actually got made.

Small hopefully fun thread intended to hopefully cause a few laughs. Write down the silliest/dumbest premise of a movie that actually got made somehow.

I put forward two titles to get the show going.

Rottenrail: Starring Cory Nemec. Researcher got bitten by a mutated rabbit and turns into a creature half man half rabbit to go on a killing spree in the local town.

Verrückt nach Fixi: (Mad about Fixi) German comedy: shy nerd gets gifted a sex doll, that becomes alive the next morning.

58 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Goodburger! 

Doesn't really suit in that category.

I mean the premise for Goodburger is basically.

Kid wants to slack off during the summer holidays, but is forced to take on a job at fast food restaurant to pay off the damages on a neighbour's car. Mean multi tries to drive his new employer and its crew out of business.

Not terribly creative but not outright horrible or stupid, just run of the mill teenager comedy from the 1970s or 1980s (premise wise). But nothing disqualifying like the pretty ouvert sexism of a living sex doll. Or the sillyness of a Wererabbit running amok.

Also you didn't right the premise.

55 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Doesn't really suit in that category.

I mean the premise for Goodburger is basically.

Kid wants to slack off during the summer holidays, but is forced to take on a job at fast food restaurant to pay off the damages on a neighbour's car. Mean multi tries to drive his new employer and its crew out of business.

Not terribly creative but not outright horrible or stupid, just run of the mill teenager comedy from the 1970s or 1980s (premise wise). But nothing disqualifying like the pretty ouvert sexism of a living sex doll. Or the sillyness of a Wererabbit running amok.

Also you didn't right the premise.

Please tell me you watched the movie in German. And yes, the premise is insane because nothing in it makes sense outside of the need for a job.

But fine, I've got one for you. Go watch Willy's Wonderland. Pure Nic Cage to the heart.

I can't believe it's already been three hours and no one's mentioned Sharknado. And for people who like Sharknado, there's also Sand Sharks, Sharktopus, Arachnoquake, Zombeavers, Piranhacona or Lavalantula...

Also, Black Sheep.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/

An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into bloodthirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm.

Or, Rubber.

Rubber is a 2010 English-language French independent satirical horror film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with psychokinetic powers.

Y'all got no culture. I'm seriously disappointed.

Mannequin Two: On the Move

Medieval peasant girl is turned into a wooden mannequin by a sorcerer, ends up at a department store in 1980s Philadelphia. She comes to life, falls in life with an employee there who is the reincarnation of a Prince she had met. They're hunted by a descendent of the sorcerer, who for some reason bears a family grudge that's lasted 1000 years even though his ancestor was just doing a job and wasn't harmed in any way.

And all this takes place in a world where people can regularly become Mannequins apparently. Because the movie directly references the first Mannequin movie, which had a very similar plot (though the girl there was from ancient Egypt instead).

49 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Also, Black Sheep.

Glad you included the description... because otherwise I just wanted to know what you had against Chris Farley/David Spade!

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

Snakes on a Plane

I was going to say this... but then I saw the first two posts and thought “You know... that’s not a terrible premise by comparison.”

I remember watching Joe Versus the Volcano at a very young age and thinking it was the most ridiculous thing ever.  Don't actually remember much of it, so I'll copy and paste the first two graphs of wiki's summary:

Joe Banks is a downtrodden everyman from Staten Island, working a clerical job in a dreary factory for an unpleasant, demanding boss, Frank Waturi. Joyless, listless and chronically sick, Banks regularly visits doctors who can find nothing wrong with him. Finally, a Dr. Ellison diagnoses an incurable disease called a "brain cloud", which has no symptoms, but will kill him within five or six months. Ellison says that the symptoms he has been experiencing are actually psychosomatic, caused by trauma in his previous job as a firefighter. Ellison advises him, "You have some life left ... live it well." Joe tells his boss off, quits his job, and asks former coworker DeDe out on a date. Their date is a success, but when Joe tells DeDe that he is dying, she tells him she cannot deal with the revelation and leaves.

The next day, a wealthy industrialist named Samuel Graynamore makes Joe an unexpected proposition. Graynamore needs "bubaru", a mineral essential for manufacturing superconductors. There are deposits of it on the tiny Pacific island of Waponi Woo, but the resident Waponis will only let him mine it if he solves a problem for them. They believe that the fire god of the volcano on their island must be appeased by a voluntary human sacrifice once every century, but none of them are willing to volunteer this time around. Graynamore offers to pay for whatever Joe wants to enjoy his final days, as long as he jumps into the volcano within 20 days. With nothing to lose, Joe accepts.

Oh, I forgot The VelociPastor. Haven't actually watched this one, but I do believe it deserves a spot in this thread:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843303/

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Rottenrail: Starring Cory Nemec. Researcher got bitten by a mutated rabbit and turns into a creature half man half rabbit to go on a killing spree in the local town.

O, I dunno ...

"Pet detective says stolen giant rabbit is ‘still hot’ and a smuggling risk
Owner offers £2,000 reward for record-breaking Worcestershire pet while rabbit expert predicts ransom demand"

Must be seen to be believed, and here it is:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/13/pet-detective-says-stolen-giant-rabbit-is-still-hot-and-a-smuggling-risk

"Reward doubled to find 'world's longest rabbit' stolen from garden"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-56777508

And, speaking of Kinski, now that was one eviLe sob.

I've see the ruins of ballrooms and theaters built within the Big Houses of haciendas in colonial eastern Cuba and Mexico, and a theater built in the colonial era in Lima (see Jean Renoir's The Golden Coach),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Coach

but never a fully equipped separate theater edifice. 

Archived