Silliest Movie Premises that actually got made.

16 hours ago, Gronzag said:

Face Off. The super assassins are trying to kill each other. Than they swap faces and continue to try kill each other.

This... all day. ... worse still, it's utter lack of self-awareness. Unlike a lot of the movies mentioned here in this thread, they actually thought they were making a good movie, and now they're making another one... christ hollywood sucks 

I'll add Pixels to the list of absurd movie premises picked up and made into movies.

Bunch of old arcade/video game gets shot into Space. Alien think it's a delcaration of war, and attack Earth with Space Invaders and Pac-Man. Because, highly technologically advanced aliens would resort to that for reasons. Ofc starring two of the most talent free hacks in the comedy/movie biz: Adam Sandler and Kevin James.

I still can't believe they made a killing out of it at the Box Office

Here's one:

A Gym teacher in the 24th century tires of utopian life and creates evil time travelling robot versions of Earth's past musical saviours.  The robots go back in time and brutally murder the two heroes and take their place in order to screw up the future, which includes poorly treating the heroes' wives (who are medieval princesses kidnapped from the past). 

The heroes however while dead find that they can be returned to life by beating the Grim Reaper at a contest of skill,  The heroes easily do a 4 game best of seven sweep vs Death and so will be returned to life (the Grim Reaper also joins their band as their bass player).  Before they return to life they realize they still have no counter for the evil robot versions of themselves, so the Grim Reaper takes them to Heaven where God points out two space aliens as the smartest things in the universe.  So with space aliens and the grim reaper in tow the heroes are returned to life just before a battle of the bands where the evil robots plan to murder the kidnapped princesses on stage.  The two aliens then horrifically merge into one being who then easily makes good robot versions of the heroes out of stuff from a hardware store. 

The good robot versions destroy the evil robot versions and the heroes save the princesses.  But then the Gym teacher time travels from the future to kill them but also broadcasts the battle of the bands across the globe to show how stupid the heroes are; but is foiled as the heroes realize that once they have won they can time travel to the past to ruin the Gym Teachers plan.  The Gym teacher can't do that because he didn't win obviously.

The heroes realize just as they are going on stage to become Earth's musical heroes that they have no idea how to play instruments and thus time travel for 16 months to become excellent guitar players. Then because of the gym teacher broadcasting all of the battle of the bands across the earth the heroes play "God gave Rock and Roll to you" and become rock stars.

Lesbian Vampire Killers (although on IMDB it seems to be renamed to Vampire Killers) which is just as gloriously great as you think it is XD

Their women having been enslaved by the local pack of lesbian vampires thanks to an ancient curse, the remaining menfolk of a rural town send two hapless young lads out onto the moors as a sacrifice.

The Room obviously also deserves a place in this list.

From Dusk till Dawn

EDIT: I love this film to bits, but Top Gun deserves a places on this list. The honest trailer really sets forth a case for how stupid its premise really is XD

EDIT2: Footloose, despite being based on real events also belongs here :) 

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Is taken 3 the one with the comically frantic jump cuts to get Neeson over a fence?

I dunno, I've never actually seen any of them. I just think at a certain point if people keep abducting your daughter you have to be doing something wrong. Same with the damn whale needing to be freed three times. 

On 5/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, Gronzag said:

Face Off. The super assassins are trying to kill each other. Than they swap faces and continue to try kill each other.

Not only that, but a key plot point is that they have different blood types, which means that swapping faces definitely wouldn't work from a medical standpoint.

My favorite part of the film, though, is how Castor's brother is randomly suspicious of how his brother is acting, as if he suspects that someone may have swapped faces with him when no one knows the technology exists.  

I do think that they should remake Face Off every five years with the exact same script but a different pair of actors.  A literal scene for scene remake.  I'd watch every single one.  Give me Arnold and Stallone before one of them croaks!  Also Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.

Just now, DMC said:

In terms of the obvious differences between the two in Face/Off, I think it should also be noted that Joan Allen had sex with her not-husband.

All that confirms is that they had similar dicks.  And given that Travolta and Joan Allen probably hadn't fucked since before Michael was deadsville, I think I can buy it.

13 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Pixels

Valerion and the city of a thousand planets 

Shoot 'em up! 

Risking wrath of fellow fans, John Wick trilogy 

More to follow 

LAKE PLACID 

ANACONDA

ALL OTHER SHITTY MONSTER MOVIES 

7 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

LAKE PLACID 

Lake Placid is particularly egregious because the crocodile is in an isolated lake that no one goes to until they find out there's a giant crocodile there, at which point they can't get to the lake fast enough.

Archived