Watch Watched Watching: May The Fourth be with you!

TheLastWolf

I binged all 10 episodes of Panic on Amazon Prime last night. Lauren Oliver definitely made some improvements in adapting her book. Overall it was very ok, but the breakout performance was Ray Nicholson, son of Jack. The changes from book to show definitely benefited his character, coincidentally named Ray.

4 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I'm watching season 2 of Angel now and Darla is really growing on me. I have never seen an ep past season 1 I think. I will watch until season 4 before I continue with season 7 of Buffy. 

Darla had a great storyline on Angel. Julie Benz was fantastic.

15 hours ago, polishgenius said:

We must have seen very different sound-mix edits of the film.

15 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Lol, was just about to call this out

Ok. It was noisy. At times. Subs helped. But otherwise OK compared to run of the mill stuff. Don't always judge by his lofty standards 

On 5/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m watching Home Before Dark. It quickly went from kinda weird but cute to plainly weird and all kinds of bad and nearing the conclusion it’s just plainly awful. Can’t wait to rant about how terrible this show is, I just want to see it through first. 

OH MY GOD ITS SO BAAAD

I just read a book with this title - it's a haunted house story. Is this the same thing?

30 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Ok. It was noisy. At times. Subs helped. But otherwise OK compared to run of the mill stuff. Don't always judge by his lofty standards 

Yeah I confess that in this case I don't see Nolan's standards as at all lofty, and that's really the problem. His soundtracks are good, but the mix and general sound design decisions are often worse than the run of the mill.

I think Nolan also sees his whole ‘background sound drowning out the dialogue’ as a creative choice, and in some ways that can work where we don’t always have to hear every word of dialogue to understand what is going on and it can add to the atmosphere.

That wouldn’t be such a problem if his movies didn’t so often rely on convoluted conversations why laboriously explain what is going on. Using such a technique in Tenet, a movie that makes little sense at the best of times, is really just baffling 

Archived