Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Canon Claude

The Sand Snakes’ fates: Predictions?

Recommended Posts

There’s eight Sand Snakes of various ages, locations, and positions. But what do you think will happen to them? Any guesses for whether they will survive the series? And if not, how will they die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Tyene, but I can't see things going well for her in King's Landing. I don't see her being taken in by the High Sparrow's act, but I don't see him being fooled by hers either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one that really fascinates me and is the source of much speculation is Nymeria, who was sent as Doran's proxy to sit in the Small Council.  Firstly, it seems be extremely uncommon, if not unheard of, for a woman to be seated on the council, let alone a young woman who is not a lady in her own right or even close relative of one of the landowning magnates, never mind that she is also a bastard and prone to wearing her lingerie in public.

I really can't fathom how that is supposed to play out.

Of course, I am hoping something cool happens with Sarella the Sphynx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their craving for vengeance won't end well for them imo, but they will end some lives before kicking the bucket: sweet poor Tommen for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Willam Stark said:

Their craving for vengeance won't end well for them imo, but they will end some lives before kicking the bucket: sweet poor Tommen for example.

I think they will kill myrcella because she can tell the lannisters that they are lying about how the KG died and that arianne wanted to crown her.

We also have the gregor debacle. When they see him it will raise questions.

And they will be in the midle of cersei and tyrell factions fighting for power. I wouldn't be surprised if cersei thinks they are her allies into kicking the tyrells out. Not surprised at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll turn on Doran as he rushes to push for Trystan to marry Myrcella after he feels his plan is going to be ruined by Arianne doing her own thing and going for Aegon after learning of Quentyn's death. Dorne will rebel against Doran, ending up in civil war. They'll kill Myrcella and Trystan. Euron will manage to capture Arianne and possibly the Sand Snakes as well and give them to Cersei as a gift for revenge for what they did to Myrcella.

Victarion didn't lose his ships to "the Storm God", they turned back to attack Storm's End, because Euron is the Storm, the first and the last. This is likely where Euron captures Arianne, if he doesn't kill Aegon as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loreza is too young to matter. She'll survive the series in the background, unless something really major happens in Dorne and she's caught up in something by chance.

Dorea and Obella are both probably in the same boat as their youngest sister, but they're more likely to get caught up in trouble than Loreza. 

Elia's with Arianne, so there's a good chance that she'll die tragically to give Arianne something to grieve over. Maybe she'll die in battle, maybe she'll be captured by Cersei or Euron, who knows. Either way, given her tragic name, I doubt she's going to make it out of this series alive.

Sarella (assuming that she's Alleras, by the way) is going to be working with Sam Tarly, but given that she's been tasked by Marwyn to look after Sam, and Euron is about to descend on Oldtown, I don't have high hopes for her survival either. But that said, she's the sister who's probably the least interested in revenge for her father's death, and I can't imagine how Euron expects to triumph against both the Redwyne and Hightower forces at sea, so there might be a chance for her to survive.

Tyene and Nymeria are in the most interesting positions, given that one will be sitting on the council and the other is going to try and get close to the High Sparrow. I don't expect the Sparrow will fall victim to her wiles, but they've built up Tyene's poison skills so much that she's going to be the cause of someone's death. Someone important. If I had to guess, it would be either Myrcella or the High Sparrow. I don't know what Nymeria's plan will be, but I can't imagine that she'll be welcome on the council, given that she's a Dornish bastard with no title and the daughter of the man who crippled Willas Tyrell. I don't imagine either of them will live past Winds of Winter.

Obara is hunting Darkstar, who seems utterly irrelevant to the plot now, unless he makes himself useful by joining one of the main factions against Dorne. If that happens, then Obara's going to have to die, but I don't think that's going to happen. She and Areoh Hotah will be on hand to not only hunt Darkstar, but also kill Balon Swann after Darkstar is dealt with. Balon will probably take one of them down with him, and I think it'll be Hotah since he's gone on about wanting to fight a knight of the Kingsguard. Obara will live long enough to fight in whatever war happens in Dorne, and she might even survive if she's lucky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Steller said:

Loreza is too young to matter. She'll survive the series in the background, unless something really major happens in Dorne and she's caught up in something by chance.

Dorea and Obella are both probably in the same boat as their youngest sister, but they're more likely to get caught up in trouble than Loreza. 

Elia's with Arianne, so there's a good chance that she'll die tragically to give Arianne something to grieve over. Maybe she'll die in battle, maybe she'll be captured by Cersei or Euron, who knows. Either way, given her tragic name, I doubt she's going to make it out of this series alive.

Sarella (assuming that she's Alleras, by the way) is going to be working with Sam Tarly, but given that she's been tasked by Marwyn to look after Sam, and Euron is about to descend on Oldtown, I don't have high hopes for her survival either. But that said, she's the sister who's probably the least interested in revenge for her father's death, and I can't imagine how Euron expects to triumph against both the Redwyne and Hightower forces at sea, so there might be a chance for her to survive.

Tyene and Nymeria are in the most interesting positions, given that one will be sitting on the council and the other is going to try and get close to the High Sparrow. I don't expect the Sparrow will fall victim to her wiles, but they've built up Tyene's poison skills so much that she's going to be the cause of someone's death. Someone important. If I had to guess, it would be either Myrcella or the High Sparrow. I don't know what Nymeria's plan will be, but I can't imagine that she'll be welcome on the council, given that she's a Dornish bastard with no title and the daughter of the man who crippled Willas Tyrell. I don't imagine either of them will live past Winds of Winter.

Obara is hunting Darkstar, who seems utterly irrelevant to the plot now, unless he makes himself useful by joining one of the main factions against Dorne. If that happens, then Obara's going to have to die, but I don't think that's going to happen. She and Areoh Hotah will be on hand to not only hunt Darkstar, but also kill Balon Swann after Darkstar is dealt with. Balon will probably take one of them down with him, and I think it'll be Hotah since he's gone on about wanting to fight a knight of the Kingsguard. Obara will live long enough to fight in whatever war happens in Dorne, and she might even survive if she's lucky.

 

Were Willas and Oberyn not on friendly terms despite the accident that crippled the former? Under normal circumstances I could understand some residual resentment still being passed onto Oberyn's daughter, but I think the Martells may have more pressing concerns than holding that particular grudge. Especially given Oberyn's dead now anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, It'sAlwaysWinterInScotland said:

Were Willas and Oberyn not on friendly terms despite the accident that crippled the former? Under normal circumstances I could understand some residual resentment still being passed onto Oberyn's daughter, but I think the Martells may have more pressing concerns than holding that particular grudge. Especially given Oberyn's dead now anyway.

Willas was friendly with Oberyn. It’s Mace who held the grudge, and probably still does. He’s also ambitious, and he’ll want to take control now that Kevan is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Steller said:

he and Areoh Hotah will be on hand to not only hunt Darkstar, but also kill Balon Swann after Darkstar is dealt with. Balon will probably take one of them down with him, and I think it'll be Hotah since he's gone on about wanting to fight a knight of the Kingsguard. Obara will live long enough to fight in whatever war happens in Dorne, and she might even survive if she's lucky.

He already fought and killed 1 KG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Arya and Nymeria are going to fight. Arya is going to win and take Nymeria's face, she will use it to attend Aegon's small council meetings and report information to Sansa as well as influence decisions at the meetings.

Probably Hotah, the Watcher who keeps an exquisite watch on the Snakes with great attention to detail, or maybe Barristan who is likewise a watcher, will identify inconsistencies in Arya's Nymeria, investigate and discover something's afoot.

Good chance Arya will frame Tyene for murder as well, for whatever reason, or maybe just because she'll need someone dead and need a scapegoat, and Tyene is convenient. Or it might go that Arya poisons someone and Tyene unexpectedly gets the blame - collateral damage.

Edited by chrisdaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, divica said:

I think they will kill myrcella because she can tell the lannisters that they are lying about how the KG died and that arianne wanted to crown her.

Probably.

13 hours ago, divica said:

I wouldn't be surprised if cersei thinks they are her allies into kicking the tyrells out. Not surprised at all.

Since she's tried to kill Trystane, I don't think it will be the case, but I do believe she will try to use her against the Tyrells. As usual this attempt will backfire on her, it's Cersei after all.

6 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Arya and Nymeria are going to fight.

Why would Arya does that ? She doesn't hold any grudge against her, and doesn't care abouts politics, you're saying nonsense.

Let me guess, Stark hater and Dany worshipper ? Your phrasing of sentences looks like theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Willas was friendly with Oberyn. It’s Mace who held the grudge, and probably still does. He’s also ambitious, and he’ll want to take control now that Kevan is dead.

 There's also a possibility he sees Nymeria as a potential ally. Thanks to Kevan's death, the Lannister and Tyrell factions at court are going to be in a cold war of sorts. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is your friend, and both Martell and Tyrell were Targeryen loyalists during Robert's Rebellion. 

Having said that, I could also see Mace wanting to wed Margaery to (f)Aegon. The winds are clearly turning against the Lannisters, and he's got an army to offer (f)Aegon as part of the bargain. Any alliance between (f)Aegon and the Martells would throw a wrench into that, obviously, as well as any possible short term alliance at court between Mace and Nymeria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cersei will kill them, after they kill Tommen and Myrcella. 

I can see Cersei giving them to the mountain in memory of Oberyn.
I think Cersei will lose the city to Aegon, but will get it back at the beginning of the long night. 
When Daenerys and Aegon's forces are weakened in the second dragon dance.
Cersei will take the opportunity to kill Faegon, as well as his allies (Dorne) and will recover the king's landing.

The sand snakes have chosen the path of injust revenge, they will end very badly.

Edited by Hug-hammer
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 1:03 AM, Egged said:

They'll turn on Doran as he rushes to push for Trystan to marry Myrcella after he feels his plan is going to be ruined by Arianne doing her own thing and going for Aegon after learning of Quentyn's death. Dorne will rebel against Doran, ending up in civil war. They'll kill Myrcella and Trystan. Euron will manage to capture Arianne and possibly the Sand Snakes as well and give them to Cersei as a gift for revenge for what they did to Myrcella.

Victarion didn't lose his ships to "the Storm God", they turned back to attack Storm's End, because Euron is the Storm, the first and the last. This is likely where Euron captures Arianne, if he doesn't kill Aegon as well.

Doran knew about Cersei's plans to have Trystane murdered.

On the contrary, he has more interest in supporting Faegon, to avenge the Lannisters and to piss off daenerys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if I can make actual predictions.  

Obara, Nymeria, and Tyene are all bloodthirsty monsters.  Sarella is in league with Marwyn and the Alchemist, so I'm guessing I won't like her any better when I find out what she's up to.   As far as I am concerned, all 4 can die horrible deaths in the volumes to come and I will not shed a tear.  Not saying it will necessarily happen, but at the moment they seem to have it coming.

I feel differently about Ellaria's daughters.  They are only children; and have done nothing horrid yet in any event.  Moreover, their mother Ellaria is one of the only voices to try to speak out against the vicious cycle of vengeance being promoted by the rest of the grown-ups.  Sadly, I expect that the cycle of vengeance will come again full circle and strike one or more of her daughters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nymeria is going to try to take Taena’s spot as Cersei’s mistress, whatever happens, I don’t see one of the two surviving.

Tyene will probably try to act like Varys and create chaos between Cersei, the faith and the Tyrells, I can see her trying to kill Margaery and blaming it on Cersei or otherwise. 
 

Overall, I think their motivations will deviate a little bit once they hold power, I know bastards aren’t looked down as much in Dorne but once they hold powerful positions, I can see them wanting to keep it. So it’s most likely they try to take all the big players to fulfill the Myrcella coronation plan and take over Westeros. 

Elia will probably die, and it will be something indirectly caused by Arianne.

Idk about Obara and Sarella. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hug-hammer said:

Doran knew about Cersei's plans to have Trystane murdered.

Doran made up the story about Cersei's plans to have Trystane murdered, in order to inflame the Sand Snakes to acts of violence, now that he has released them from prison and is ready to use them.

Cersei has only 2 missions for Balon, the first, to deliver Gregor's head, and a second (more hush hush) to retrieve Myrcella.  Since her own thoughts suggest only two missions, it would seem to follow that there was no third mission to murder Trystane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Doran made up the story about Cersei's plans to have Trystane murdered, in order to inflame the Sand Snakes to acts of violence, now that he has released them from prison and is ready to use them.

Cersei has only 2 missions for Balon, the first, to deliver Gregor's head, and a second (more hush hush) to retrieve Myrcella.  Since her own thoughts suggest only two missions, it would seem to follow that there was no third mission to murder Trystane.

Prince Doran took a jagged breath. "Dorne still has friends at court. Friends who tell us things we were not meant to know. This invitation Cersei sent us is a ruse. Trystane is never meant to reach King's Landing. On the road back, somewhere in the kingswood, Ser Balon's party will be attacked by outlaws, and my son will die. I am asked to court only so that I may witness this attack with my own eyes and thereby absolve the queen of any blame. Oh, and these outlaws? They will be shouting, 'Halfman, Halfman,' as they attack. Ser Balon may even catch a quick glimpse of the Imp, though no one else will." - The Watcher, ADWD

I think Doran's informant is probably Vars.

It has to do with Cersei's paranoia that the Myrcella-Trystan marriage is a plot by Tyrion to have her daughter murdered.
She even accuses Darkstar of being Tyrion's cat's paw.
Thus, killing Trystane is a way to thwart Tyrion's plan for a Myrcella-Trystane betrothal. 
Doran has no interest in increasing the bloodlust of the sand snakes who are already extremely bloodthirsty and vindictive. 
He is not the type to want to kill children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They might all die, but there are a lot of them.

I think Ellaria rules Dorne by series end. A female bastard mother who favors peace is a JEWEL in this story.

Maybe the remaining few will join her point of view, after all of the other sisters die horribly and they don't think it's worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...