The Sand Snakes’ fates: Predictions?

Canon Claude

33 minutes ago, Hug-hammer said:

Prince Doran took a jagged breath. "Dorne still has friends at court. Friends who tell us things we were not meant to know. This invitation Cersei sent us is a ruse. Trystane is never meant to reach King's Landing. On the road back, somewhere in the kingswood, Ser Balon's party will be attacked by outlaws, and my son will die. I am asked to court only so that I may witness this attack with my own eyes and thereby absolve the queen of any blame. Oh, and these outlaws? They will be shouting, 'Halfman, Halfman,' as they attack. Ser Balon may even catch a quick glimpse of the Imp, though no one else will." - The Watcher, ADWD

I think Doran's informant is probably Vars.

I suspect Doran's informant is Doran.  The reason we see Doran from Hotah's POV is so we can hear what Doran says without knowing what Doran is thinking.  But if Doran got the story from Varys, the information is also suspect, and for the same reason.  War is imminent, and so Varys passes this "information" (war propaganda) to Doran to inflame Dorne, and Doran duly passes it on to the Sand Snakes who he also now wants inflamed.

It has to do with Cersei's paranoia that the Myrcella-Trystan marriage is a plot by Tyrion to have her daughter murdered.
She even accuses Darkstar of being Tyrion's cat's paw.
Thus, killing Trystane is a way to thwart Tyrion's plan for a Myrcella-Trystane betrothal. 

Such a motive makes no sense whatsover to me.  But if you want to ascribe it to Cersei on the theory that she is insane, you can ascribe to her any motive you like.  It does not change the fact that we know from her own thoughts that she gave 2 missions to Balon Swann, and both of them are already accounted for.

Doran has no interest in increasing the bloodlust of the sand snakes who are already extremely bloodthirsty and vindictive. 

If that were true, he would not have told them.  Since he did tell them, you are obviously mistaken.

He is not the type to want to kill children.

Yes he is.  He has been plotting bloody vengeance for years and now his over-ripe blood oranges are about to go splat.  His pained grimaces are pangs of gout, not pangs of conscience.  In any event, he is about to unleash the Sand Snakes, with full knowledge of what they are, in much the same way that Tywin once unleased Gregor Clegane.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:04 PM, Willam Stark said:

Why would Arya does that ? She doesn't hold any grudge against her, and doesn't care abouts politics, you're saying nonsense.

Let me guess, Stark hater and Dany worshipper ? Your phrasing of sentences looks like theirs.

What Arya cares about is not static and not particularly relevant when offering these sorts of predictions. You've offered nothing.

All things Nymeria should be thought of with relation to Arya. Her hero, the name she chose for her dire wolf and the nickname she took for herself, Queen Nymeria exists as companion material to Arya's arc. 

Lithe, slender as a willow Lady Nym is proficient with hidden blades, a good match for Arya, both an interesting fight and a suitable frame for her to take over. Lady Nym acts the lady, elegant, serene, commanding, it will be a challenge for Arya to play the part, she'll need to master her childlike wilful instincts and become the lady she's always fought against, it'll be character growth. It will be important experience for when she eventually re-enters society, as she will do so a princess of the North.

The text has made the point that Arya must play the part of her character accurately, and that guardsmen, and Hotah particularly with relation to the Sandsnakes, must observe people acutely. My theory gives relevance to these. And Arya is being trained not exclusively to kill, but to act the catspaw, to collect and bring back information to a master. She is not becoming a one note assassin, but a spy and saboteur, that will be her role, and infiltrating a small council during the second dance a prime opportunity for entertainment.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:46 AM, chrisdaw said:

What Arya cares about is not static and not particularly relevant when offering these sorts of predictions.

It does matter because she needs a clear motive to fight against her, or at least a hostile relation, this is not the case.

You've offered nothing.

So did you, the Arya/Nymeria future fight comes from nowhere, I don't need to provide anything to reject it.

Lithe, slender as a willow Lady Nym is proficient with hidden blades, a good match for Arya, both an interesting fight and a suitable frame for her to take over. Lady Nym acts the lady, elegant, serene, commanding, it will be a challenge for Arya to play the part, she'll need to master her childlike wilful instincts and become the lady she's always fought against, it'll be character growth. It will be important experience for when she eventually re-enters society, as she will do so a princess of the North.

Even in a political view, this doesn't make any sense since Nymeria is not an obstacle for the North and wants revenge on the Lannister.

At the time the second dance will occur, the Lannister regime would have fallen, which makes this theory even less likely.

10 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

It does matter because she needs a clear motive to fight against her, or at least a hostile relation, this is not the case.

So did you, the Arya/Nymeria future fight comes from nowhere, I don't need to provide anything to reject it.

Even in a political view, this doesn't make any sense since Nymeria is not an obstacle for the North and wants revenge on the Lannister.

At the time the second dance will occur, the Lannister regime would have fallen, which makes this theory even less likely.

You are simply prohibitively near sighted.

Archived