Dogs III - the return of the furbaby thread

Which Tyler

To the tune of Take Me Home, Country Roads...

Oh Maggie Moo, what we gonna do?

Maggie Moo keeps eating poo

It's disgusting, slightly off-putting

Oh Maggie Moo, stop eating poo

:ack:

Edited by Spockydog

On 7/23/2021 at 9:54 PM, Which Tyler said:

Spent some time looking through this album, so sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful animal.  Your family is clearly a wonderful place for animals to be, hope you are all managing beat you can.  What a dog

Edited by larrytheimp
best you*

4 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

If dogs eating shit is natural, why do we find it disgusting apart from the natural anthropomorphic view 

We know where else that mouth then wants to go. 

4 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

If dogs eating shit is natural, why do we find it disgusting apart from the natural anthropomorphic view 

Try having your face licked by a dog who's just snacked on some delicious cat poo.

3 hours ago, maarsen said:

We know where else that mouth then wants to go. 

Oooo

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Try having your face licked by a dog who's just snacked on some delicious cat poo.

Since I haven't been a regular owner, I'd learn from you experts 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Tears of Lys said:

I STILL haven't been able to find another dog after Benny passed to the great beyond.  He was a prince among dogs.  My gentleman hound.  

I swore I’d get another dog after my beloved cairn terrier Martin died. It’s been 11 years. I often look up pups and dogs on the internet, but I have not been able to make the move. We had dogs for 40 years. I keep remembering how they all adored my mom, and I wonder if I could show the patience and love she did.

Edited by L'oiseau français

On 7/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, L'oiseau français said:

I swore I’d get another dog after my beloved cairn terrier Martin died. It’s been 11 years. I often look up pups and dogs on the internet, but I have not been able to make the move. We had dogs for 40 years. I keep remembering how they all adored my mom, and I wonder if I could show the patience and live she did.

When my boxer Loki died four years ago, I started searching for another one a week later.  Found one two weeks later.  Got lucky right before Christmas when someone abandoned their deposit on a pup that looked exactly like what I wanted (aka flashy brindle).  

Don't regret it at all.  The tongue on this one is a little out of control (see my profile picture), but I'm fairly certain I'll always have a boxer now.  Two for two so far.

Never getting another German Shepherd, though.  Too much hair.

Maggie is doing really well. And tonight, she enjoys one of her first major rites of puppy passage.

At bedtime, the crate door will not be closed. I repeat, the crate door will not be closed.

UPDATE: Maggie spent the night roaming the house. I woke to find her curled up at the foot of my bed. No visible vandalism. No slippery, unwelcome gifts left on the floor. Lovely.

Edited by Spockydog

Sounds like Mags is coming along nicely.

Tulip started acting really weird a day or two ago, and yup, her first heat. Diapers and bully sticks ought to keep up with any mess and provide distraction. 

Went to check the mail and she bolted for the door, I put my foot down so fast I accidentally stepped on her foot and now I got a hormonal teenage dog pissy with me, but like, there’s a male Frenchie around here and I’m not going to risk getting sued or whatever.

Edited by JEORDHl

On 7/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Have you tried and failed or you aren’t ready yet? 

We've tried, but it's been tough picking the right one.  I know it's unfair to compare any dog to Ben, but I loved him so much, I guess I'm trying to recreate the experience.  He was a mixed mutt - a bit of Boxer and Rhodesian Ridgeback and maybe some Lab somewhere.  

On 7/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, L'oiseau français said:

I swore I’d get another dog after my beloved cairn terrier Martin died. It’s been 11 years. I often look up pups and dogs on the internet, but I have not been able to make the move. We had dogs for 40 years. I keep remembering how they all adored my mom, and I wonder if I could show the patience and love she did.

I sure don't want to go that long without a furry companion.  It's tough getting a rescue lately, though.  The adoption folks all want fenced-in yards and ours is impossible to fence in.  I'm not sure how they feel about an electric fence and am half afraid to ask.

I became a dog dad back in February and it has been quite the experience. Keyleth is an eternally-hopeful monster that has boundless energy and fully believes every human is her new best friend.

Uncertain how to link photos...I have nearly zero social media presence and on the little twitter acct I have, zero pics of her. Is there a random upload site I can use?

Anyway. She will always believe I am going to share my food with her (I literally never do this) and she will always believe there is, somewhere, one more snack or bit of kibble...just as long as she sniffs long enough, she will find it.

How did I live without her? Also...how is a fuzzy twelve-kilo beast who cannot talk managing to direct so much of my life?

On 8/2/2021 at 6:30 AM, Spockydog said:

Why do you have an electric fence? 

I don't.  I just thought they might approve an electric fence since having a physical fenced-in yard is an impossibility where we live.  I'm assuming they want something to prevent the pet from wandering the neighborhood.  

My Benny was eventually trained to stay in the yard, but there were quite a few years where I spent hours driving up and down the neighborhood yelling his name, tempting him with various treats, etc., etc., until he got in the car and told me about his adventures.