Dogs III - the return of the furbaby thread

Which Tyler

I mean... she loves pretty much everyone, so I don't think you'd actually need to steal her. She'd just run up to you. Terrible as a guard dog.

Spocky - how similar is she to your furbaby? The profile image looks durn similar.

We're hoping to hang out with her bestest dog buddy soon.

19 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Spocky - how similar is she to your furbaby? The profile image looks durn similar.

They definitely have similar coats. My profile pic was taken when Maggie was pretty young. She's coming up to six months now, and her fur is gradually changing colour. She'll soon be a lovely creamy white, just like her maw.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:27 PM, larrytheimp said:

Said goodbye to Darcy today.  Like which Tyler said up thread, you're never ready.  

Been with this dog since I was an idiot 23 year old, we lived in a van, on a boat, on both coasts, in the woods.

I was working as a landscaper in San Diego and planting a bunch of shit at a some bougie dog rescue by Wind-and-Sea and she ran right up to me and followed me around all day and at the end of the day the woman who ran the rescue asked me if I wanted to take her for a couple days.  Does anyone ever bring the dog back? 

She swam in the Pacific and Atlantic and Great Lakes.  She climbed the highest mountains in the eastern US multiple times and was always chomping at the bit for more, was an amazing trail dog comfortable cowboy camping in the rain and sleeping next to a fire in subfreezing temps.   She didn't see snow until she was five years old, yet immediately knew the best thing to do was roll in it and thrash around.  Had a nasty run in with a porcupine that taught her absolutely nothing; a day later she went after one into he same location but was leashed this time.  Never saw a truck bed she wouldn't jump up into or a cat she wouldn't chase, though she lived peaceably with several felines in her later years.  At work she always wanted to stand on whatever wall I was building, and was comfortable climbing up and down the scaffolding.

So weird being in the house without her here.  I think I've spentW more time with her than with any human.  Why have we not solved mortality in dogs yet?

:grouphug:  There's few things that come anywhere close to losing a much-loved companion.  

But . . . Tomorrow we're meeting a new dog - "Evie"  It's not certain yet, as my husband reminds me, but I feel the stars are aligning.  She's a rescue, of course.   A mixed breed of Lab and various other doggy types.  We CANNOT WAIT!

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

But . . . Tomorrow we're meeting a new dog - "Evie"  It's not certain yet, as my husband reminds me, but I feel the stars are aligning.  She's a rescue, of course.   A mixed breed of Lab and various other doggy types.  We CANNOT WAIT!

Is this the appropriate time to remind one of that sage advice... pics or it didn't happen? :D

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Maggie had her first battle appointment with the groomer yesterday.

After an hour-and-a-half of thrashing, crying, howling, and peeing on the grooming table, she is now beach ready. :D

I cannot believe I have to ask this again...

Is this the appropriate time to ask "pics or it didn't happen"?

I'll accept "No, it's not." 

But I'd prefer to see more doggos being all awesome.

30 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

I cannot believe I have to ask this again...

Is this the appropriate time to ask "pics or it didn't happen"?

I'll accept "No, it's not." 

But I'd prefer to see more doggos being all awesome.

Well, I'm afraid I didn't get any pics of the actual grooming, because the grooming process was something akin to the capture of King Kong. :lol:

However, here you will find plenty of examples of the kind of thing I have to put up with on a daily basis.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:34 AM, Lightning Lord said:

Maggie is an excellent champion of dogdom! She looks like a bit of a handful :)

She's a cracking wee dug. A bit crazed at times, but she'll get there in the end. 

She caught and ate three big, disgusting flies yesterday. She a working dog. :D

• 4 weeks later...

My dog is a black Puli. I have had her now for over 10 years and I find her photogenic except for the fact that when her hair is long it is hard to tell which end is which. Here is an example of the breed.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.1zTHL17dCCzC-OvgAgx22wHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

16 minutes ago, maarsen said:

My dog is a black Puli. I have had her now for over 10 years and I find her photogenic except for the fact that when her hair is long it is hard to tell which end is which. Here is an example of the breed.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.1zTHL17dCCzC-OvgAgx22wHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Oh, wow. Pulis are amazing! 

Does she like to swim? 

Edited by Spockydog

22 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:
Aparrently, black dogs are unpopular, and often left in animal shelters, because they're not photogenic.
What a load of bollocks that theory is!

#BeliMawr

https://www.facebook.com/aidan.barry.967/posts/1010420959531604

Beautiful. So nice and healthy and shiny. 

I currently have two dawgs.

An ancient pocket beagle of unknown, but obviously advanced age and an 8 year old  standard sized tri-color beagle. I had to euthanize the basset in my avatar about a month and a half ago.

So yeah, I like pretty much all dawgs, but I have a thing for the hounds.