NBA Playoffs - Play In? PLAY-IN It Cool

Relic

Mad respect for Lillard and Portland. They played one hell of a series, but the Nuggets were just too much. If they had Murray I'd honestly say they'd be the favorite in the West right now. 

ETA: Davis will play

With a fit Murray the Nuggets would be champions, zero doubts about it. They play a team’s game which elevates every player. Without him they‘ll still reach the finals but I can’t see a realistic scenario where they would beat the Nets except in a one-off game. It’s a shame really. 

18 minutes ago, Arakan said:

With a fit Murray the Nuggets would be champions, zero doubts about it. They play a team’s game which elevates every player. Without him they‘ll still reach the finals but I can’t see a realistic scenario where they would beat the Nets except in a one-off game. It’s a shame really. 

The Nets and Bucks at full strength would probably be favored over the Nuggets with Murray in the Finals, assuming they made it out of the West.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Nets and Bucks at full strength would probably be favored over the Nuggets with Murray in the Finals, assuming they made it out of the West.

Yeah let’s see but with the Lakers out I don’t see a team in the West the Nuggets have to fear. If they can hold their current performance level, they really should aim for the finals. 

2 minutes ago, Arakan said:

Yeah let’s see but with the Lakers out I don’t see a team in the West the Nuggets have to fear. If they can hold their current performance level, they really should aim for the finals. 

The Lakers aren't dead yet.

Hoping Phoenix v Denver is going to be as competitive as it looks.

One LA down, c'mon Mavs do your part next.

Milwaukee is my best hope to vanquish the 3 headed monster, whose name I shall not say.

Much more entertaining playoffs than I originally anticipated.

Eta: the Lakes had all the chemistry of bag of rocks, just ugly out there.

9 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Costly decision not to challenge the foul on Nurkic against Jokic's three pointer. It looked like a flop and Nurkic picked up his fourth after. Nurkic's been in foul trouble this whole series and its three free throws and it looked clean so what are they saving it for? 

They should make it so that teams get both the challenge and time out back in a successful challenge anyway. I get that there's the risk of extending the game too long or having too much dead time in the game, but a wrong call is still a wrong call. You shouldn't be helpless against it if you always challenge successfully and not use it frivolously for any and every call.

I couldn't believe they didn't challenge that.  After the game though Stotts said his assistants saw contact on their replay screen so that is on his staff, not him.

I wouldn't sleep on the Jazz in the West.  They're pretty healthy, have homecourt advantage and at least a little playoff seasoning with their 3-1 heartbreak last year.  I'm not sure I favor them in the Finals, but at this point I would pick them ahead of anyone else in the conference. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

When was the last time both finals teams got bounced out in the first round?

No idea.  But I do know the short layoff definitely looked like it took a toll on both teams - both looked completely out of gas by the end.  If Davis stayed healthy I do think that the Lakers would have beaten the Suns, but I'm convinced they wouldn't have gone much further, and it was probably just a matter of time before Davis or Lebron got reinjured and the team fell apart. 

Archived