NBA Playoffs - Play In? PLAY-IN It Cool

Relic

9 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Ohmigosh I just discovered Vernon Maxwell's Twitter account where he trash tweets Utah fans. It is absolutely hilarious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VernonMaxwell11?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I love that his pinned tweet is bashing Utah back in 2017. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Rudy Gobert wins DPOY the day after making a game winning block.

I still have a hard time with him winning the award when he lacks versatility and can be schemed off of the floor at times.

I think that just having Barton back helps. Rivers has improved over the course of the Portland series, but Barton had a good showing from his cameo even though he had a long layoff. Its just a pity that Porter is struggling with his own injury now. Credit to the Suns though, Murray might have helped the Nuggets offense flow better, but defensively, it seemed like Chris Paul was getting whatever he wanted and Murray likely wouldn't have changed that. 

On to the next game. Hopefully the Bucks have a better showing and makes it a series. 

Paul winning a ring this year would be pretty awesome, Phoenix is a likeable and fun to watch team.  But I really really don't see it happening.  I expect the winner of Clippers/Jazz to win the West and I don't really see how Phoenix could possibly handle the Nets.  Maybe if the Sixers somehow make the Finals they could do it, but that doesn't feel likely. 

I still will need to see the West finals to be convinced either Utah or LAC are better than these Suns. 

I prefer it's between Between Utah and Phoenix and the Clips are eliminated. Of course I rarely get my way on these rooting matters.

Last chance game tonight for the Bucks, they either mount a comeback now or never, likely never, by the way they've been handled thus far.

Bucks barely scrape it out. Its hard to have any confidence in them even after a win. Airballing wide open three point shots, Giannis going for turn around fadeaways and leading the team in three point attempts. If they can't create consistent offense, I don't see how they are going to make it work even if they force the Nets to another bad shooting night.

Seems like Conley is still out for the Jazz. Always a bummer to see injuries. Mitchell is starting hot though.

Last night's Bucks - Nets game was some of the worst offensive basketball I've watched all season, and I watched most Orlando Magic games. I have no idea what the hell Budenhoser's plan was doing on offense, and Giannis is just taking so many dumb shots. He took 8 threes, most of them very early in the shot clock, even though he's shooting like 10% in the playoffs from there and never been above 30% in the regular season.

Clippers lost again, their perimeter D just hasn't been good in these playoffs despite all the supposed elite perimeter defenders they have. First Doncic lit them up, now Mitchell is killing them. Kawhi was strangely passive down the stretch and was kept in check by Bogdanovic. PG13 continues to struggle with his jump shot, if he can't get it going I don't see the way back for them.

It is very strange to watch the Nets seemingly good defense in spite of not having particularly good defenders and the Clippers terrible defense in spite of having three guys who have been on all-defense teams.  I don't know why the Bucks can't figure out the Nets defense, they weren't having any trouble with the Heat's defense, which was much better statistically than Brooklyn's.  But if they have to rely on holding Brooklyn under 85 points to win then they are certainly not going to win 3 more. 

The Bucks’ issue is that their big 3 lacks a true number one. As talented as Giannis is he probably can’t be the most important player on a championship team, and Holiday and Middleton, while nice players, are really number threes.

Yep, I love some open court Giannis, but he can't provide much in a half court offense, which means the playoffs aren't gonna suit him until he can develop some PnR game or crafty low post moves. I expect the Nets to steamroll them at Barclay's. Maybe the 6ers will be more of a challenge.

Injury continues to be the dominant storyline of this season, in my book. I'm sure there are a couple teams who didn't lose a major star or multiple rotational piece for a key stretch of the regular season or playoffs, but pretty much every fan must be muttering "we woulda looked so different if [player(s)] hadn't gone down."

Boston averaged 112 points against the Nets despite a depleted roster. If the Bucks can't match that, then that's on them. Unless you want to blame Harden for the 30 point swing.

As far as the Clippers go, Mitchell and Doncic are very good? The Clippers are employing the wrong strategy against them? I don't think they played particularly bad myself, and if you look at the raw stats, they are averaging 107 points, which would be better than the Nets before they played the Bucks. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

As far as the Clippers go, Mitchell and Doncic are very good? The Clippers are employing the wrong strategy against them? I don't think they played particularly bad myself

Doncic and Mitchell are good, but they are also the only really dynamic offensive players on thier respective squads.  The jazz have a great defender in gobert, but his offense isn't special.  In the playoffs, good defensive teams like the clippers are supposed to be able to shut down or at least limit one dimensional teams. That is why the clippers are probably headed for another second round exit.

Archived