NBA Playoffs - Play In? PLAY-IN It Cool

Relic

Harden and Irving have both been ruled out for game 5.  I feel like in spite of the series being 2-2 and it being in NY, this is a must win for Milwaukee.  I expect they'll do it since they have three of the four best players in the game. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Harden and Irving have both been ruled out for game 5.  I feel like in spite of the series being 2-2 and it being in NY, this is a must win for Milwaukee.  I expect they'll do it since they have three of the four best players in the game. 

Harden was just upgraded to doubtful. He’s going to test his hamstring in practice and maybe warm ups today. I don’t think he’s going to play, but that’s encouraging for game six at least.

And I agree Milwaukee needs to win tonight.

The funny thing is that game 5 could (if they wanted to) be the return of lob city, with Durant taking Chris Paul's role.  The problem of course is that Griffin and Jordan are both greatly diminished from what they were 5 years ago.  But still...they could try. 

7 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Harden back in and the Bucks spread went from 4.5 point favorites this morning, to 1.5 pts 10 minutes ago, to 1 point favorite now. 

I'm taking this to mean Kyrie is probably going to be out for a good amount of time and the Nets are treating this as now or never. He rolled that ankle pretty badly.

2020-21 All-NBA teams:

First: Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Stephen Curry, Luka Doncic, Kawhi Leonard

Second: Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Joel Embiid, Julius Randle, LeBron James

Third: Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Rudy Gobert, Jimmy Butler, Paul George

My initial reaction was Kawhi shouldn't have been 1st team and I wouldn't have put LeBron or George on the list at all. Probably would have removed Butler too but this list takes into account position so need to consider that (and I question if position should be a factor in the modern NBA at all).

Apparently Tatum loses 32 million by not making the list too which is unfortunate for him given his season.

Edit: Donovan Mitchell misses out on the same level of money too it seems.

8 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

My initial reaction was Kawhi shouldn't have been 1st team and I wouldn't have put LeBron or George on the list at all. Probably would have removed Butler too but this list takes into account position so need to consider that (and I question if position should be a factor in the modern NBA at all).

Apparently Tatum loses 32 million by not making the list too which is unfortunate for him given his season.

:lol:

People usually complain about people missing out. The same thing applies though, this is a zero sum game. One in, one out. I won't have Tatum in over George. I think George had a better regular season. Maybe LeBron given how much time he's missed?

_

Looking at the box score of the Nets Bucks game, Harden might be in, but he's not in game shape yet? And Harris is doing very little to earn himself some respect given how everyone dismisses the Nets team outside of their top three players.

44 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

:lol:

People usually complain about people missing out. The same thing applies though, this is a zero sum game. One in, one out. I won't have Tatum in over George. I think George had a better regular season. Maybe LeBron given how much time he's missed?

George does appear to have the better season (over Tatum) so that looks fair.

And yeah, this game should not be single digits. If Bucks squeak out a win, it'll still be a disappointment.

@Relic, this is why you were wrong before. Injuries have distorted the entire season and playoffs. The best team in each conference got derailed entirely by injuries. The final four teams from last year were broken all season. This playoffs has seen more All-Star players miss at least one game than in any previous year and that's before you consider a lot of guys didn't make the All-Star game because they got hurt mid season.

I don't like the Bucks offense.. they don't pass enough, players stand around, they make poor shot selection and without someone covering for a rebound and they look really inexperienced under pressure and in crunch time.

I hate Harden even more after this game.. and this is the worst game I have ever seen from him.

17 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah, monster game from him. God I wish there was a healthy Warriors team in the playoffs though I wonder what team would be reviled more in a Warriors-Nets championship scenario.

Only works if you have KD on both teams, lol.

Archived