NBA Playoffs - Play In? PLAY-IN It Cool

Relic

Big game tonight in Brooklyn.  Harden has already been ruled out, so if the Bucks are going to steal one in NY, this is the time.  If they are 0-2 without having to face Harden then it's safe to say they aren't going to win this series. 

Porzingus is fragile as fuck. His bones are too long for his muscles, sort of like AD but without natural athletic abilities. At his best he's a shot blocker, rim runner, dunker, and 3 point threat. Currently he's just a mediocre stretch big, because his organization knows that if they ask him to play D or catch lobs regularly  he's going to end up injured. 

Indeed. No one is beating this Nets team if they can get Harden back and stay healthy. It's amazing they're doing this to the Bucks when they're missing Harden, who is probably the best non-big player in the game today.

Chris Paul looks hurt.  The Nuggets are focusing hard on Booker.  I picked Nuggets in 7 because I am a homer, but if Paul wears down I expect it in 6 (Suns are way to good to think any lower).

Joker needs to stop shooting shuffles though. 

Its really nice watching Campazzo play. He shows you what is possible with effort despite physical limitations. 

Rough third quarter by the Nuggets though. Started well but they couldn't keep it up. It hurts that they get steals but can't convert them. Both teams are going on shooting streaks and droughts though. 

16 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I could have been wrong about Paul.

That was a lights out run by the Suns. 

He's not 100%, but it's hard to tell how far off he is. He's passing up on scoring opportunities he'd normally take yet he's still able to run the offense. 

I doubt the Sun's starters will continue to shoot 60% from the field in this series though.

Giannis is so much fun to watch in the regular season, when he takes about 5 steps to run half the entire damn court, and can kick it out in case a defender actually has position on him once he's going full bore downhill. Now in the playoffs, the game slows down, and the Nets are hilariously "double teaming" him by leaving his main defender and the help guy standing, waiting at the free throw line while Giannis stands there 35 feet out hoping to drive hard to the basket. Their entire offense revolves around his penetration, and the Nets have removed that. Holiday and Middleton are both great supporting #2 and #3s, but they can't seem to generate their own offense, and for the second game in a row, the Bucks' vaunted 3 point attack shot under 30%. 

Gotta give it to the Nets roster, though, not just Durant and Irving. The narrative I absolutely agreed with early on was that they had their three All-NBA guys, Ingles as their gunner, and a whole bunch of junk. Instead, every lineup they're putting out are torching the Bucks. 

Hey, at least the West continues to be a lot of fun. Very glad I quit gambling on sports, because I was a skeptic against the Suns, and they keep on looking better.

36 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Giannis is so much fun to watch in the regular season, when he takes about 5 steps to run half the entire damn court, and can kick it out in case a defender actually has position on him once he's going full bore downhill. Now in the playoffs, the game slows down, and the Nets are hilariously "double teaming" him by leaving his main defender and the help guy standing, waiting at the free throw line while Giannis stands there 35 feet out hoping to drive hard to the basket. Their entire offense revolves around his penetration, and the Nets have removed that. Holiday and Middleton are both great supporting #2 and #3s, but they can't seem to generate their own offense, and for the second game in a row, the Bucks' vaunted 3 point attack shot under 30%. 

Gotta give it to the Nets roster, though, not just Durant and Irving. The narrative I absolutely agreed with early on was that they had their three All-NBA guys, Ingles as their gunner, and a whole bunch of junk. Instead, every lineup they're putting out are torching the Bucks. 

Hey, at least the West continues to be a lot of fun. Very glad I quit gambling on sports, because I was a skeptic against the Suns, and they keep on looking better.

Haven't watched the Bucks much, but wasn't that Miami's strategy last year as well? I still can't believe they let Brogdon go. He's been injured these past couple of years regardless, but he was a guy that didn't disappoint in their loss. Well, the series isn't over yet, but if they get knocked out without showing any improvement, is it Budenholzer out? You can't help but compare it to his previous team in Atlanta.

I suppose you mean Harris? Ingles is still on the Jazz. :P

I think a lot of the early scepticism on their roster was that they couldn't defend, especially with Jordan. They solved that problem by getting Griffin and dusting off Claxton who wasn't even playing early in the season.

The disappointing thing about the series thus far is that you'd expect the Nets to be able to outscore the Bucks if they were to win, but they haven't had the need to do so because the Bucks offense just fell flat.

_

I think Lillard put it very well when he said it was especially disappointing to lose this year because the field seems wide open.

The reality may be different once they actually play the game, but you could plausibly see any of the top seven seeds making it out with the results maybe being different depending on seeding/matchup. 

Archived