Football: Alisson Wonderland

polishgenius

Dramatic finish in Madrid with Atleti a goal down with 8 minutes to play, Real were beating Bilbao which meant they were top but Atleti managed to score two goals in six minutes to win the game. Real Madrid have done well to take this down to the final day with the injury crisis they've had this season.

33 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

So not the best of starts for Chelsea in the Women’s Champions League final. Barcelona hit the bar within 30 seconds then they score an own goal trying to clear the ball.

4-0 after 35 mins. 

22 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Dramatic finish in Madrid with Atleti a goal down with 8 minutes to play, Real were beating Bilbao which meant they were top but Atleti managed to score two goals in six minutes to win the game. Real Madrid have done well to take this down to the final day with the injury crisis they've had this season.

If Athletico draw and Real win, and they finish joint on points, who wins? 

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

If Athletico draw and Real win, and they finish joint on points, who wins? 

In that case Real would win, having one win and one draw against Atletico.

Everton's season has really petered out. They are very unlikely to even qualify for the Europa Conference League.

eta.

Milan really struggling to score against Cagliari while Donnarumma has had to pull off a couple of top class saves to keep the score level.

51 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So why was West Brom's 2nd goal disallowed? What interference?

Liverpool lucked out there. They ruled Phillips offside position to be active, and thus ruled out Bartley's goal.

The goal could've stood on another day with another referee. But like I said, lucky Liverpool there. Still two more chances to balls it up for them.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Liverpool lucked out there. They ruled Phillips offside position to be active, and thus ruled out Bartley's goal.

The goal could've stood on another day with another referee. But like I said, lucky Liverpool there. Still two more chances to balls it up for them.

Every round, EPL referees compete with each other to see who is the worst.

5 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That was a dubious call.  Phillips didn’t move toward the ball at all, but perhaps his offside standing position was close enough to the keeper’s line of sight that he was interfering with play.  That absolutely could have gone the other way.  Fantastic header by Alisson though.  And really they should have scored more earlier.  They had lots of chances, even against a parked bus.

I doubt they’ll win out anyway.  They’re still fluffing too many shots, are ridiculously vulnerable at CB, and not able to rotate the MF at all. 

Lots of pessimism here about Liverpool's chances, but they're on a run of three victories, haven't lost a league match since the beginning of March (20 points from a possible 24 since then), have more points in their last five games than any other team in the league, and the two teams above them play each other on Tuesday. If Leicester win, Liverpool would probably only need four points from the games with Burnley and Crystal Palace.

I appreciate it's very tight, but if Liverpool win their last two they will definitely qualify. That's a position they'd have happily taken at any point in the last few months.

Milan made things really hard on themselves. They have to beat Atalanta to secure top four on the final match day and Atalanta has their number last few years. Would be kinda lame for Juve to sneak in last week.

On another note I don’t understand how Southgate could watch TAA the last month and not take him to the Euros. 

Archived