It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

Weird. One of the mods accidentally pushed the nuke button?

In any case, I actually don't have anything to contribute. Except maybe that during all of this I got three more matches in Bumble? They all expired without a message of course.

Meanwhile I haven't contacted the foreign student since Saturday as I interpreted our weird exchange that night as a dismissal. Still can't shake the feeling that it might just be a misunderstanding, but given how she wanted me to message her less, I don't feel confident to make the first step and ask her out of the blue how she actually imagines a friendship where chatting is interpreted as pressure...

No, for professional reasons Chats requested to have her account locked for a few weeks. Side effect of that is content gets locked and thus a thread she started goes away. It's really of no interest, just boring accountant shit. She'll be back on in a few weeks and asked that I pass the message along.

Now carry on.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:18 AM, Tywin et al. said:

No, for professional reasons Chats requested to have her account locked for a few weeks.

Makes sense. Couldn't find the old thread and thought I was going nuts, tried looking under her name and wondered where every post went :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Starkess said:

After 430+ days since I've seen my boyfriend, he lands in Chicago in 3 days.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Congrats!

Have my first date since the beforetime on Saturday. I like her enough to ask her out for drinks obviously, but I'm a little hesitant. She's a pharmacist at my hospital (in the last thread someone mentioned how insular hospitals can be for dating); we don't work directly together but still coworkers. On top of that we've kind of been friends for the past few years, hanging out in the same friend groups. Both seeing other people when we first met and for most of the time we've been friends. I've felt like there have been moments before, but making that jump was always a little questionable. Cut to now, we hadn't seen each other at all during Covid, then caught up a couple times recently, are both now single, and I decided I'd rather ask than wonder. Anyway, send good thoughts my way all.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Jesus, I go to rehab and sh1t gets boring?

PEOPLE, please!!!

Tomorrow, I’m taking a f—-ckboi to the Ritz, Thursday is private dinner with Mr Palm Beach, Saturday is Bones and then Johnny’s Hideaway with Mr Palm Beach and his boat sales guy. 

:dunno:

What can I say? I’m a boring guy.

I leave this thread in your hands. 

Just got accidentally talked myself into a date.  Read "pescatarian" as "pediatrician" and figured I might be able to swing some free healthcare out of the date, that now seems like a longshot bet.  But who knows, maybe she was a doctor before she eschewed meat for fish?  

Dating doesn't need to have medical perks but I was kind of hoping for one this time around.  

Going to complain to Bumble about letting people say "pescatarian".  It's very confusing and not really fair when you think about it.

No, seriously, I'm riled up now.  Imagine if I had a sick child at home, and that, in my family's time of greatest need, I turned to internet dating apps for solace and affordable medical care.

And then, through no fault of my own, end up swiping right on every pescatarian within a 35 mile radius.  Omega-3's aren't some kind of panacea you fucking cretins.

Fucking hell now she's trying to sell me on it with some Catholic spin: just told me that "when you date a pescatarian, everyday is Friday :)"

edit: she's super stubborn.  won't consider med school as "I already have an established career as an attorney." these apps are shit, absolute shit

edit2: sorry for the triple post but it's obviously understandable considering the circumstances

Well, turns out I shouldn't have dismissed my three matches from last weekend. One actually didn't end up expiring and instead messaged me. Doesn't seem to be really seeking for a relationship either, instead wants to nerd around about ASoIaF. If this is one of you guys screwing with me, I'm gonna get mad! :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Lol, yeah, like I'd be willing to settle for mind-blowing, life-altering sexual escapades over an occasional free blood pressure reading or gentle reminder to take an ibuprofen.  Hah!  I'm no fool!

Speaking from experience....attorney sex = well researched, thorough, detail-oriented.  Fights in attorney relationships = horrifying, useless, argumentative, stops being fighting and turns into foreplay quickly if negotiation threshold reached.

35 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Speaking from experience....attorney sex = well researched, thorough, detail-oriented.  Fights in attorney relationships = horrifying, useless, argumentative, stops being fighting and turns into foreplay quickly if negotiation threshold reached.

Thanks for the intel and insight!

Things have accelerated now and I'm getting concerned.  Apparently she's counsel for a commerical fishing conglomerate.  I am now suspecting this entire thing has been a plot of Big Fish coming after the little guy in a small pond.  Currently negotiating whether or not she'd be willing to wear a stethoscope during intimacy.

edit: she's reminding me "once again" that she's not a doctor.  offered to wear a corporate suit and reading glasses in lieu of stethoscope, like that would even remotely make up for it.  lol.  

edit 2: a gavel?!?!?, lol, too little too late! she's a lawyer, not a judge!  what is this, roleplaying?

edit3 sorry this whole spiel was a riff off this headline: https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1396106830691045376?s=19

1 hour ago, Toth said:

Well, turns out I shouldn't have dismissed my three matches from last weekend. One actually didn't end up expiring and instead messaged me. Doesn't seem to be really seeking for a relationship either, instead wants to nerd around about ASoIaF. If this is one of you guys screwing with me, I'm gonna get mad! :ph34r:

Chicks dig ASoIAF fans with deep knowledge, but it's too easy to be a poser what with the show fans.  She's clearly just testing you.  Don't come back with something trite like "I've got a tongue like Tyrion and a hammer like Robert", get more creative with something like "I have giant's blood in me, and a Manhood so prodigious the Old Gods worship It."  Guaranteed to flood her Purple Harbor, if you catch my drift.

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

occasional free blood pressure reading or gentle reminder to take an ibuprofen.

There was no need for this violence against us docs :crying:

As an aside, Paeds docs are the nicest ones. Everyone knows this.

Archived