It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

6 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

i think I'd rather someone be flaccid *insert Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her sound bite here* than throw up on me :P

Picky.

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't know if this is true or not but in my case mixing drinks leads to vomiting which also tends to kill the mood...i think I'd rather someone be flaccid *insert Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her sound bite here* than throw up on me :P 

You're correct here, but now this begs the open question, would you rather them not be able to get it up or them falling asleep on you midway through? Haven't had the latter happen to me, but I know I've done it a few times and I have to believe it's almost always men who are guilty of this, at least in a straight MF encounter.

20 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Ha, I wish, it’s been seriously a lot of Other Pleasure and then dudes staring at their junk, condom in hand, wondering why their stuff doesn’t work.

It's covid-dick.  That dude wasn't vaxxed!

12 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

^ Raises the question. Ahem.

My first ex husband fell asleep / passed out on top of me at our honeymoon, so I really should have gotten the clue at that point. Ah, well.

Lucky you, at least he tried. I had 2 weddings with my wife and I didn't even attempt to consummate either one. I would climb over Natalie Portman to get to my bed at 0300 after drinking since 1500. 

45 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

My first ex husband fell asleep / passed out on top of me at our honeymoon, so I really should have gotten the clue at that point. Ah, well.

Falling asleep on top is pretty bad. I haven’t done that yet, but there certainly have been a few times when I’ve been swaying back and forth like a boxer who just got hit flush in the face.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I did that once to a girlfriend. I did not realize that until much later. 

Ugh I had someone fall asleep on me once. Yes literally ON me. It was not fun trying to maneuver a dead-weight man out of 69 and into bed. I think I also got him dressed again. He wasn't supposed to spend the night, as I was staying with a host family in another country but the parents didn't stay there overnight. The plan was for him to go home before they arrived, but instead I ended up having to sneak him out in the morning when my host mom was in the shower. Ha. Haven't thought about that in a while!!

When younger and more neurotic, I’ve had experience with two different partners where, after they were pleasured, I had to think “OK, this isn’t working. The only expected graceful exit here is to fake an orgasm, so I can get to sleep” - one where the sex was that bad, and the other where substances were involved but I didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

At this point, my ego is tame enough (or I am old enough) to stop in media res and say “Are you still having a good time? Because while I could keep doing this all night, I need my 7 hours”

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yeah, I’ve had the situation where I’m just like “ah, hey, I’ve had 13 orgasms and....I’m about to pass out, can we continue this tomorrow morning?”

That sounds like bad luck.  I'd go for one more just to be safe.

46 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I am tempted to ask how your Biden butt tattoo has influenced your orgasm rate, however I am afraid of the answer.

I'd assume a positive correlation, or at worst a null outcome.

Another public health announcement, I’ve heard from numerous people and it is often documented, many widely prescribed medications can interfere with sexual functioning and probably development( if given at an earlier age). It’s just something to think about. Also, don’t go off medications suddenly. Ask a health professional, do research.

If the the medication says it may affect sexual functioning, then it very well might. Nobody is going to market that information for no reason. There is a whole “ don’t ask, don’t tell” thing here. It should be a considered choice, and more than an insert. Prozac has a very long half life, so tapering is not the same as other medications I have heard, not being a doctor myself. There is a medication with a short half life , where I’ve been told about people that remove one bead at a time. 

I'll never totally understand why, but the first woman (then girl) who I was in a LTR with still likes to call me and brag from time to time about some wild sex she's just had. Always in the middle of the night. I find it hilarious, and she always wants to know who I've been fucking, but it is a bit odd because it's not like I've ever called her once after the fact.

Oh well, who says ex's can't still be friends and find the humor in it....

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'll never totally understand why, but the first woman (then girl) who I was in a LTR with still likes to call me and brag from time to time about some wild sex she's just had. Always in the middle of the night. I find it hilarious, and she always wants to know who I've been fucking, but it is a bit odd because it's not like I've ever called her once after the fact.

She never got over you, she wants you back and is trying to make you jealous?

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've heard of oversharing mothers, but yours takes the cake. :leaving:

54 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

She never got over you, she wants you back and is trying to make you jealous?

23 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yup, this is how I’m reading it.

I doubt that. She's said before she misses the sex, but otherwise is happily married with kids (one of which could be mine, lol). Mostly I think she just likes to joke that I turned her into a nymphomaniac and uses that as a way to catch up. 

14 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I just have the feeling that the guys on all the apps aren’t worth talking to. There’s a lot of them who are married and lonely and just want a “pen pal”; some who are flighty as hell (told them my hobbies three times); and some who are just dishonest about their relationship status / addicted to p0rn and also the dopamine rush they get from someone responding to them on the app (such as W was). 

It seems I'm being viewed like that either. Maybe not by vet girl, but I somehow managed to get another match that went sour quite quickly.

In a quite amusing continuation that my profile gets liked mostly by foreigners (so far I've noted Philippine, Canadian, Chinese and Polish likes) I got a like from an Egyptian research assistant. I was actually quite reluctant to like her back because of how ludicrously busy I have been these days, but then thought what the hell, like the others this one will just expire anyway. Except that it didn't and we had a brief exchange for a few days. At least until we got to the point where she was talking about how we should already be a post-scarcity society and I asked for her idea how to implement it. When she said she hadn't much of a specific idea I somehow got the idea to ask how she stands to Star Trek and when she had no idea about it tried to explain what it had to do with post-scarcity...

Yeah so much for that, she interjected there asking me rather sharply whether whether I just want to chat and want to waste her time. She seemed to accept my answer that I'm just trying to see whether our interests connect and we did talk a bit more about where we see our lives going... at least until I asked her about her work and she just disappeared. That was two days ago.

Archived