It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

I, uh, think I just set up a date for Wednesday with the guy with whom I have been chatting online for a few days. I was the one who brought the idea up this time!

I suppose now I need to find a friend to inform where I will be to make sure to reach out and check if everything is safe, right? :idea:

How's that for expanding my comfort zone, eh, @Tywin et al.? :commie:

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I, uh, think I just set up a date for Wednesday with the guy with whom I have been chatting online for a few days. I was the one who brought the idea up this time!

I suppose now I need to find a friend to inform where I will be to make sure to reach out and check if everything is safe, right? :idea:

How's that for expanding my comfort zone, eh, @Tywin et al.? :commie:

I think that's awesome! Good for you!!!

On 6/19/2021 at 1:33 PM, Buckwheat said:

I haven't seen any fish pics. Are they common in other parts of the world?

I think soccer is behind bass fishing as the 5th and 6th most popular sports in the US.  Though I might be giving hockey too much credit.

14 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Hockey depends what part of the US- if you’re in Minnesota, Michigan, or Wisconsin, it’s top of the list

Weirdly it's the one sport I don't care about much at all outside of the Finals. Today I've been here for golf, soccer, basketball, and I tried to watch some F1, but the network wasn't playing it as I tried to tune in.

Anyways, I just shot my shot with the cute woman from work. We'll see what happens.....

So the cute woman from work is a go. But I have to work on threading the needle as not to get her hopes up for anything serious, and be willing to pull back if it seems like she wants anything more than physical. 

This remains a reflection on me, not the women I meet.

22 hours ago, Datepalm said:

Sigh. Mystery-Beach-Hotel guy went off to drive here from Goma last week. Meanwhile parts of Rwanda went into lockdown and here closed the border to non-residents*. Last I heard from him was a text from a few days ago that he thinks he maybe can get out of wherever (DRC? Kigali?) but maybe not and nothing since. Now wondering if he's just going to end up back in whatever frozen hellscape he's from** for a bit and get a break from the Mystery-Beach-Hotel. Ah well.

*As an unclear pro, this means Econ-Guy can't get in either. I, meanwhile, can't really leave if I want to come back at the moment.

**I believe its some sort of ice-mine called "Toronto".

Update! At any rate hes headed back this direction and not to Canada. He was at the Tanzania border - whether or not he crossed it, I'm not sure.

In other "men Datepalm goes on two dates with who then leave the country (If she doesn't don't do it first)" news , Eccentric Kiwi just texted that he doesn't see "likelihood of a quick return" here, but we should chat soon about how that suits me. Huh? What? I....wasn't expecting to ever see you again, with no particular rancour, and I'm fine with that...

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think that's awesome! Good for you!!!

I hope it turns out good at least.

12 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

AWESOME!!!!!

Of course, I would have already run off to Belize with this guy, so just make sure your passport is current, just in case.

I think my idea on what to do when I first get to know a new person is very different than yours. :p 

Also, I still don't know if I will be allowed to travel as far as Germany without having to quarantine first any time soon. Going anywhere outside of the Schengen area is probably not going to be possible anyway ... 

Much success, Buckwheat!

Meanwhile I just made three more photos and added them to my profile. Hopefully that gets me shown around more, but my hopes are obviously low as usual. Also hopefully I won't be seen by any student after that chance find a while ago.

Also nothing new with the vet girl. After I asked her how she's doing after a week of silence and she snapped at me that she thought I wanted to give her time she did write up some extremely curt replies to my previous message before that, though only with one-word answers, so I carefully tried to strike up a new conversation from that, but that was five days ago and she never replied to that. At this point I may be a bit bummed out after we seemed to have quite some stuff in common, but at this point I have written this off.

Then again, I am back to the point where I'm wondering why I'm even doing this to myself, all my instincts tell me that I'm just wasting my time and I'm too hopeless for this anyway.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

. Going anywhere outside of the Schengen area is probably not going to be possible anyway ... 

I find your lack of finding creative loopholes there disturbing. While Belize is probably out of the question, there are quite a few French oversea departments. Guadeloupe, St. Martin... Technically all still in the Schengen area. Just remember to fly via Paris. You sould be able to get there quite cheaply.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

What’s hinge like compared to the other dating apps? I hated tinder and just don’t get in with it. Is hinge just the same really? 

So, despite the fact that I recently deleted it out of frustration, I'd still say it's the least bad mobile dating app. Damning with faint praise, but there you go. Seems to have better profiles on average than tinder or bumble, and more conversational hooks.

I am supposed to meet Mr. Creepy Stranger From The Internet in 20 minutes. I will post in a few hours to prove I have not been kidnapped/sold/assaulted/murdered by boring conversation. If I don't ... then IDK, contact anybody you know in this country to check on me I suppose. :leaving:

On 6/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, Liffguard said:

So, despite the fact that I recently deleted it out of frustration, I'd still say it's the least bad mobile dating app. Damning with faint praise, but there you go. Seems to have better profiles on average than tinder or bumble, and more conversational hooks.

It’s been a day and I’m already tired of it lol! I just think it’s so easy to pass on people who id probably get on with in real life or match with others I probably wouldn’t. But I’m determined to go on at least one date using this thing :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Hungary, right?

Wasn't it Slovenia, the country that gifted the world Melania (aka the true Wicked Witch of the East)?

Also, what happened to the defunct model you wanted to ship there?

Archived