It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

8 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Hungary is hardly the size of a postage stamp, and neither is Slovenia. My money is on Northern Macedonia.

Also, when people say phone sex these days, does it include Skype/Zoom camera features, or is it literally all by voice?

I think you might be confusing Slovenia with Slovakia. Slovenia is indeed smaller than North Macedonia. Fact check if you like.

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Hungary is hardly the size of a postage stamp, and neither is Slovenia. My money is on Northern Macedonia.

Also, when people say phone sex these days, does it include Skype/Zoom camera features, or is it literally all by voice?

If you're using Zoom it's a zorgy.

I am enjoying your trying to determine my geographical location, complete with the Slovenia/Slovakia mixup (that's a classic :rolleyes: ). :lol: It is Slovenia indeed, and we do mostly try to forget about Melanija.

So I haven't been kidnapped, assaulted, murdered, or bored to death by Creepy Stranger From The Internet, which is good news. In fact, I had a pleasant time. The person turned out to be funny, good conversation partner, and actually quite good-looking. He has a great corny sense of humour. We spent more than three hours talking, drinking a lemonade, eating ice cream, and walking around, which I consider very long for a first meeting. The words "let's hear from each other again" and "next time" have been mentioned.

So that's that I suppose. What now?

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am enjoying your trying to determine my geographical location, complete with the Slovenia/Slovakia mixup (that's a classic :rolleyes: ). :lol: It is Slovenia indeed, and we do mostly try to forget about Melanija.

Well that good, because she really doesn't care, do you?

5 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Text him tomorrow evening. If he doesn’t text you first. 

He texted me yesterday evening already, with a kind follow-up message. :)

4 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Well that good, because she really doesn't care, do you?

Nah. I just mentioned her because she was mentioned a few posts earlier.

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah. I just mentioned her because she was mentioned a few posts earlier.

sorry, you missed my reference.  Melania wore a jacket once that said those words "I really don't care, do you?" while visiting migrant children on the border.

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

sorry, you missed my reference.  Melania wore a jacket once that said those words "I really don't care, do you?" while visiting migrant children on the border.

Oh right, there was that too. As you see ... we do in fact try to forget everything about her. :p 

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

BTW, in general times, what's the issue with cross-border dating in this case? If it's within a reasonable radius, does it matter if said person is in Croatia, etc? 

(BTW, I have a semi-colleague here who identifies, absolutely and only, as Yugoslavian.)

20 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

BTW, in general times, what's the issue with cross-border dating in this case? If it's within a reasonable radius, does it matter if said person is in Croatia, etc? 

(BTW, I have a semi-colleague here who identifies, absolutely and only, as Yugoslavian.)

I tried it, had a long-distance thingy with the Viennese guy. It works for a while. Until it doesn't. So right now, I wouldn't be interested in it because of that experience. I automatically swipe left every time the app offers me anybody from another country. Not because I am opposed to the people, but because I really don't want to bother stumbling in another long-distance thing.

6 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

What happens in Croatia stays in Croatia :)

I am sure now everybody is wondering about what happened in Croatia.

For me, nothing ever happened in Croatia. Oh wait, no, the first time I heard somebody might be slightly into me was in Croatia. But that led nowhere.

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I tried it, had a long-distance thingy with the Viennese guy. It works for a while. Until it doesn't. So right now, I wouldn't be interested in it because of that experience. I automatically swipe left every time the app offers me anybody from another country. Not because I am opposed to the people, but because I really don't want to bother stumbling in another long-distance thing.

I am sure now everybody is wondering about what happened in Croatia.

For me, nothing ever happened in Croatia. Oh wait, no, the first time I heard somebody might be slightly into me was in Croatia. But that led nowhere.

Does this not apply equally to someone at the, um, far end of Slovenia? What I mean is, just set the app's radius so it excludes anything potentially long-distance - who knows who is out there hiding just across the border?

I sometimes try a relatively wide sweep on apps when traveling, but I usually just pick up a US base with some bored Marines...who aren't allowed to go anywhere.

On 6/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, Buckwheat said:

We spent more than three hours talking, drinking a lemonade, eating ice cream, and walking around, which I consider very long for a first meeting.

Walking around and eating ice cream sounds like a perfect first date! I'm glad everything worked out and hope things continue in a positive direction.

4 hours ago, Datepalm said:

Does this not apply equally to someone at the, um, far end of Slovenia? What I mean is, just set the app's radius so it excludes anything potentially long-distance - who knows who is out there hiding just across the border?

I sometimes try a relatively wide sweep on apps when traveling, but I usually just pick up a US base with some bored Marines...who aren't allowed to go anywhere.

Probably it does.

Honestly, I haven't tried to toggle with the radius settings on the app.

1 hour ago, lady narcissa said:

Walking around and eating ice cream sounds like a perfect first date! I'm glad everything worked out and hope things continue in a positive direction.

Thank you. :)

1 hour ago, lady narcissa said:

Fun story. That's what Michael Jackson thought, too.

:leaving:

Was sitting a this bar sort of drinking-working (its a frustrating bit) and killing time on this thread, when Beach-Hotel-Guy walked in, so, alive, I guess.

Leaving Econ-Guy a cryptic note in the office would be stupid, right? Right? OK, how about just leaving stuff that is clearly but impersonally mine (random bits of paper from my study, etc.)?

5 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

I know....must be some sort of self-destructive procrastination impulse. Will solve survey question iteration problem and stop caring about him again, I suppose.

All of us, more or less, run into individuals that we can get hung up on for years even if we know we shouldn't. It's okay. But you do need to let this one go, hard as that may be. He sounds like a self-centered jerk who is abusive emotionally and you deserve so much more DP. Don't you ever doubt that. We're all rooting for you!

Archived