It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

46 minutes ago, Dog of England said:

Don't be so sure. You could be the one he has been searching for for years. Trust me. It happens. 

He could right now be discussing on the TMNT forum about how to avoid screwing up this new romance he has with April O'Neil. 

Sadly, there aren't that many women characters in TMNT, so you get the April O'Neil nickname regardless of how well it fits. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, I hardly believe that. One cannot know somebody after such a short time together enough to develop any special liking!

After I met my future wife for the first time on my vacations abroad, I ditched all my other relationships because I knew I found the right one. We married within a year. After all those years we are still on speaking terms <3

1 hour ago, Dog of England said:

Don't be so sure. You could be the one he has been searching for for years. Trust me. It happens. 

50 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

He could right now be discussing on the TMNT forum about how to avoid screwing up this new romance he has with April O'Neil. 

Sadly, there aren't that many women characters in TMNT, so you get the April O'Neil nickname regardless of how well it fits. 

You guys. I am trying really hard to keep my expectations low in order to not be disappointed in case I get ghosted or some similar shit again.

I never knew anything about TMNT (and I have no clue whether he is interested in them either), so at least I am educating myself in that area I guess.

Anyway, he is inviting me out again tomorrow and the idea he has looks very romantic and somewhat like an adventure to me. It is a good idea too.

4 minutes ago, kiko said:

After I met my future wife for the first time on my vacations abroad, I ditched all my other relationships because I knew I found the right one. We married within a year. After all those years we are still on speaking terms <3

This sounds very romantic. :)

It usually takes me a lot longer to figure out if I find somebody attractive and good company and if I can trust them. So I am still at this stage.

(Sorry for double post, Kiko is a ninja. A TMNT, to stay on topic.)

58 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think the only other options are the female TMNT and the lover of Splinter's master. Neither are great options considering the latter is murdered at the beginning of the story and I wouldn't want to think about the weird turtle sex fantasies they're discussing on the TMNT forum. 

Hmm, now that I do think about it, would it be considered within the realm of furry sex if two people dressed up as TMNT and went at it? @larrytheimp, you're the expert here, what say you?

Grmpf... wrote vet girl another message earlier asking whether she's still interested in keeping in touch. She then deleted her account.

Well, I guess it gives me the opportunity to delete mine as well, but it would have been nice to at least get any kind of response before that...

Got a hunch that a friend is trying to set me up with someone. She was very insistent that I join her and her fiance for badminton, and oh by the way another friend of her's would be there, and have we met before? Oh in that case she must introduce us.

Or I'm reading too much into this and potentially setting myself up for awkwardness.

Potentially entertaining in either case. :D

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think the only other options are the female TMNT and the lover of Splinter's master. Neither are great options considering the latter is murdered at the beginning of the story and I wouldn't want to think about the weird turtle sex fantasies they're discussing on the TMNT forum. 

Hmm, now that I do think about it, would it be considered within the realm of furry sex if two people dressed up as TMNT and went at it? @larrytheimp, you're the expert here, what say you?

I am going to leave the TNMT comparisons alone now. I have no idea about them anyway.

50 minutes ago, Toth said:

Grmpf... wrote vet girl another message earlier asking whether she's still interested in keeping in touch. She then deleted her account.

Well, I guess it gives me the opportunity to delete mine as well, but it would have been nice to at least get any kind of response before that...

How many messages did you send in the end, without response? Usually one, or two messages without response tells you all you need to know ... I am sorry this happened to you.

26 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

Got a hunch that a friend is trying to set me up with someone. She was very insistent that I join her and her fiance for badminton, and oh by the way another friend of her's would be there, and have we met before? Oh in that case she must introduce us.

Or I'm reading too much into this and potentially setting myself up for awkwardness.

Potentially entertaining in either case. :D

Good luck and keep us updated! :D

9 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Congratulations everyone, on equating this mysterious stranger with 4 asexual turtles. Instead, I would call him 'the man from Ljubljan' (never mind the 'a' at the end, most people dont pronounce it anyway)

You know nothing about pronunciation! :P We never leave out the final A. But we do leave out the both J-s in dialect. So more like Lublana, when speaking casually.

5 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Congratulations everyone, on equating this mysterious stranger with 4 asexual turtles. Instead, I would call him 'the man from Ljubljan' (never mind the 'a' at the end, most people dont pronounce it anyway)

TMNT was somewhat after my time.  Were they really asexual or was there some hard shell on hard shell subtext going on?

Was more a voltron and robotech kind of kid of afraid to reexamine tbh.

Maybe a minute visually, but you've got to at least talk to someone for a half hour before you jump in the sack. I can only recall one time where it took less than that and I was a drunk 18 year old less than two months into my freshman year of college.

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe a minute visually, but you've got to at least talk to someone for a half hour before you jump in the sack. I can only recall one time where it took less than that and I was a drunk 18 year old less than two months into my freshman year of college.

Meh. 

I have the sex drive of a cold penguin. 

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You know nothing about pronunciation! :P We never leave out the final A. But we do leave out the both J-s in dialect. So more like Lublana, when speaking casually.

So it's more Lube Lana? Sounds more like advice when things get uncomfortable. I am not sure, whether I should hope for your name being actually Lana for the sake of that lame joke, or whether that would be too awkward. But then again, I'd be going back to the first sentence of this post. Following the old comedical trope, stuff gets funny by repetition.

3 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I know after about 1 minute if I want to screw someone like there’s no tomorrow. CHEMISTRY. 

I've only had sex with one person, so the sample here is not representative at all. But if somebody were to tell me that I would sleep with him even a few months into our acquantance, I would laugh at them and think they are crazy.

25 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So it's more Lube Lana? Sounds more like advice when things get uncomfortable. I am not sure, whether I should hope for your name being actually Lana for the sake of that lame joke, or whether that would be too awkward. But then again, I'd be going back to the first sentence of this post. Following the old comedical trope, stuff gets funny by repetition.

... :blink: 

My name is not Lana, enough said.

32 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I've only had sex with one person, so the sample here is not representative at all. But if somebody were to tell me that I would sleep with him even a few months into our acquantance, I would laugh at them and think they are crazy.

And that's why it's fair to say to each their own. There's no judgement over this.

Chats and I are just very sexual individuals, for example. Each of us has to work within in our own comfort zones, at least initially, and you don't need to feel anything negative if yours is different from anyone else's. Do you Buck!

30 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Ok, maybe it takes me 30 seconds to talk someone into bed, but, no, seriously, I can tell whether or not I want to fuck them in 30 seconds and the rest of it is drawing out foreplay.

I currently have a Canadian on my sofa with whom I may or may not have plans to go to Columbia.

The young lad seems to have gotten intimidated :huh: Kids these days.

You ignored responding to my follow up text over this? I should almost out you on how bad your Spanish is, given that it was hilarious! 

I find its normally the inverse. So many people seem perfectly potentially appealing until you've talked to them for half an hour. Or known them for a month.

I'd sort of decided to consider Beach House Guy my person of the moment, in a very casual, occasional-hookup-situation for while we're both around (I do not have the mental bandwidth atm to juggle multiple flirting chats. One of them will just end up with me talking about parking policy or something) but I haven't heard from him since he got back, so opened up the ole' app again, but there is still literally nobody within 100 miles. :dunno: I'll give him until the weekend if he comes back into town then, I guess.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

How many messages did you send in the end, without response? Usually one, or two messages without response tells you all you need to know ... I am sorry this happened to you.

Well, I can't pin-point it too exactly now since the thread is obviously gone and I've erased my account on top of that. It was a more or less fluid back and forth though with rather elaborate messages, so when she stopped replying it was with my questions still standing unanswered there. The thing is where I'm at fault is that she did say that she got some personal troubles she didn't want to explain further and I said she can take her time, but after the first week of no reply I got concerned and asked how she's doing, causing her to snap that I wanted to give her time, so why am I pushing her. She then a day she later wrote something along these lines:
"Here I reply to your previous message so that it doesn't drag out further:
Yes.
Yes.
Okay.
I see.
Okay."
I then tried to make the most of these reactions I was given and expanded upon my previous message while turning a single question back to her. After 10 days of no reply I rephrased the question in case it was too open for a short answer, hoping that at least that would get a response. Then four days later was yesterday, where I said I hope I'm not getting across as pushy, but am worried whether she still has interest in continuing this and hope that she can at least say that she's still there. Then a couple hours later her account got deleted.

So it were three messages without response within 14 days...

In any case, while it's obviously bad to end on a downer, I say that's it for my attempt at this dating nonsense. It all comes back to my previous assessment that these dating sites are geared towards people who don't need them. It is a simple truth that I have absolutely no chance whatsoever against the competition on these sites and the algorithm is merciless. I suppose I just go straight to my previous state of trying to accept that romance is only something other people and fiction do.

Archived