It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

In my bloodborne pathogens training I have to take annually, they stipulate that CDC numbers are KNOWN cases. Most people with Hepatitis B, HPV, and syphillis don’t know that they have it (like Covid!). People also have no idea what HPV is. Ever had a wart? Guess what, that’s HPV. Have one now, you are HPV positive and contagious. Tell your sexual partners.

Covid also made me super aware how few straight men get STD testing. I saw tons of THATS THE MOST INVASIVE TEST IVE EVER HAD!!! from dudes, which means you’ve never been fully tested for STDs.

12 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Anyone who has ever been swabbed for an std test would remember it.  It's not something you easily forget.

I think that is for the most part done with though, last 3-4 years they've only taken blood and urine samples for me   

This was my experience as well, as my last two tests were roughly two and a half and four years ago. The latter was awful. The more recent one was blood and urine test and a mouth swab. Had to stay celibate for several months for the follow up blood test, but it was worth it. 

Well, they say you miss every shot you don't take, so I took mine tonight. Crickets. Seems odd since the cute woman from work has been the one who has been more aggressive in pursuing something up until two days ago. Oh well, maybe something came up or maybe she's nervous to go on a date after getting divorced, but the ball is in her court and I'm leaving it at that.

ETA: Swish

7 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Sounds like just shy. Feel free to make the first move

Edit: covid has probably made some people a bit cautious about pressing the physicality

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'll second that it's okay to make the first move @Buckwheat. It's possible he's picking up that you're a bit shy too. It's also okay to talk about it before it happens. If you're texting somewhat frequently you could literally just blurt out "I wish you had kissed me ;)" or something like that, or in the moment when he hugs you just tell him to kiss you while batting your eyes at him.

It totally has. Asking if someone has been vaccinated is kind of like asking if someone has a STD before the first time you sleep together.

I know it is okay. I did that with the previous person (the absolute incompatibility person). The thing is, I may need a long time before I decide if I like somebody, but once I do, a lot of the shyness goes away.

I don't want to start talking about this over texts, but in person. It might have a more immediate effect. ;)

Coincidentally, the guy (Donatello, or whatever the name was again) is a covid survivor, but not vaccinated yet - he is planning to be soon (they recommend 6 months between infection and the first dose). And true, covid also made me more cautious in regards to physical safety and infection transmissions and stuff. Meeting up with and kissing the total incompatibility person was the most dangerous thing ... I don't regret it though.

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I know it is okay. I did that with the previous person (the absolute incompatibility person). The thing is, I may need a long time before I decide if I like somebody, but once I do, a lot of the shyness goes away.

If I may be allowed to give some inebriated advice on a personal high note, there's nothing wrong with wanting to take things slow. Just communicate that, but at the same time don't be afraid if things start to feel right sooner than you planned for. Life is too short after all.

I don't want to start talking about this over texts, but in person. It might have a more immediate effect. ;)

Learn to jump. It's not so scary. :P

Coincidentally, the guy (Donatello, or whatever the name was again) 

So you're now going to watch the movie, right?

is a covid survivor, but not vaccinated yet - he is planning to be soon (they recommend 6 months between infection and the first dose). And true, covid also made me more cautious in regards to physical safety and infection transmissions and stuff. Meeting up with and kissing the total incompatibility person was the most dangerous thing ... I don't regret it though.

Joking over, it is a real concern. I had a Covid fling and we constantly had to go out of our way to protect ourselves because we didn't want to give it to one another while also wanting to maximize our time hooking up. It wasn't always easy, especially in the fall of 2020. But we made the most of it while it lasted. My main advice is first and foremost protect your star player, which is you!

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

There are board babies that are basically adults now.

:D I might be younger than them 

55 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Oh, yes, quite a few. 

Since nobody is named, this suffices for me. Thank you both. So this forum has contributed to the population explosion. Fist bump. 

43 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You are never going to let me live down how terrible my Spanish is. On the other hand, I’ve never claimed to know anything more than how to say “where is the restroom?”

Most jokes have a 48 hour shelf life, but don't rule out getting a text from me at some point down the line saying "I got my GF/wife pregunta." 

And word for the wise, despite those awful Taco Bell ads, never actually try to order food by saying "Yo quiero (insert food)." Unless you enjoy spit as a garnish that is. 

35 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’ve never heard of that ad until now. Is it in print or TV?

There were numerous ads across basically every medium. How did you not see a single one of them? It was mainstream pop culture at one point.

24 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

But shouldn’t we all fear talking Chihuahuas? They would be creepy. 

https://youtu.be/M8sZ1DWsAHE

No, they are delicious. Just check out the next Chinese restaurant (dish 107) - which is presumably an indefinite improvement over Taco Bell.

And yes, I actually wanted to insert a joke like that into the cat thread, but never got the right set up for it.

Archived