It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

7 hours ago, Michael Elway said:

I'm dating a guy. I've been dating him for years. It's ridiculous. I think he regrets going out with me.

Don't take this the wrong way, but now I feel your posts should be read with a Justin Roiland voice.

12 hours ago, Michael Elway said:

I'm dating a guy. I've been dating him for years. It's ridiculous. I think he regrets going out with me. Think he thinks he's so much lower on the totem pole than me. He's the love of my life. I'm gonna catch him off guard and make him marry me. Things are going to turn up in favor of me this time. He's my perfect soulmate. He doesn't want to be known by anyone or anything. It's aggravating. 

His body language this one time, and it got drilled in my head, was so funny. I cannot even begin to describe how much he doesn't need to hide from me. 

He made it clear that I am not his girlfriend and that were going on all these friend dates. Gawd, I'm gonna win this little bitch. Because I am desperate for his self-esteem. 

You deserve someone who *wants* to be with you.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, Chataya de Fleury said:

Dude!! You’ve never been on this thread and you show up now!!?? Spill the beans!!!??

Ha. I thought I've been fairly honest. I'm a pretty boring guy, there are no beans to spill.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:54 AM, mcbigski said:

Chicks dig ASoIAF fans with deep knowledge, but it's too easy to be a poser what with the show fans.  She's clearly just testing you.  Don't come back with something trite like "I've got a tongue like Tyrion and a hammer like Robert", get more creative with something like "I have giant's blood in me, and a Manhood so prodigious the Old Gods worship It."  Guaranteed to flood her Purple Harbor, if you catch my drift.

I've heard they definitely dig it when you only talk about your wild, inane theories.

(The Others will definitely use their magic to freeze the Neck during their assault south, thereby surrounding and annihilating the human army at the end of the causeway in an encircling movement!)

Sooooo ...

I already downloaded a dating app a few weeks ago, but then it demanded my phone number to be able to register, and I was definitely unwilling to give them that, so I just didn't register and deleted the app.

But then I am VERY desperate when it comes to relationships and all, and I am trying to force myself into this "try out new things" mindset more, and I completely went over my principles on Internet safety, downloaded the app again yesterday, and today I tried to register again.

I typed in my phone number and got the verification code by SMS, typed that in, and now the next step is apparently, they also need my e-mail? I am already logging in using my facebook profile, then I typed in my phone number, and now also my email? What the hell - I am distrusful of giving any data to any unknown app/website, and now this thing that I am already fucking distrustful of, demands all my contact info?! This is not a pleasant user experience at all.

Maybe I should just give up and ... get myself some cats I suppose.

I thought I was a principled person and I am disappointing myself by even entertaining the thought of using this. :crying: 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I typed in my phone number and got the verification code by SMS, typed that in, and now the next step is apparently, they also need my e-mail? I am already logging in using my facebook profile, then I typed in my phone number, and now also my email? What the hell - I am distrusful of giving any data to any unknown app/website, and now this thing that I am already fucking distrustful of, demands all my contact info?! This is not a pleasant user experience at all.

You have a Facebook profile and worry about giving away data? :huh:

1 minute ago, Toth said:

You have a Facebook profile and worry about giving away data? :huh:

I suppose it is ironic. :dunno:

The FB account is linked to another email that I don't use for anything else.

For the longest time, it had a false name (until one of my uni professors mentioned she knew which my account was, at which point I just thought, ah well, might just well give the right one if even my professors can recognise me). I usually have profile pictures not showing my face - right now I have one that does have my face, but it is not really recognisable as me (I just like the funny perspective from which it was taken).

And my privacy settings are all set to ... well, the most private option it allows.

And, ironically, I was only "peer pressured" into making the account by some members of this forum. :P Then I got used to it.

So, yes, I suppose I see the irony, but I am just ... distrustful of these things from the start.

*big breath to calm down*

Back to the topic at hand, yes, I would be thrilled to talk about ASOIAF theories on a date. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I feel like I need to ship you a spare man :P

I mean, if you can handle the postage to a tiny European country whose language these spare men would probably need to learn anew, that would be most kind of you. :P 

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So, yes, I suppose I see the irony, but I am just ... distrustful of these things from the start.

Yes, yes, I was just joking around there, no worries. I would really stay away from signing up with the Facebook account and myself only signed up with my phone number and an old fake E-Mail that I barely use.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Maybe a spare cat, then?

I mean ... I cannot really use a cat to date, can I? :P 

3 minutes ago, Toth said:

Yes, yes, I was just joking around there, no worries. I would really stay away from signing up with the Facebook account and myself only signed up with my phone number and an old fake E-Mail that I barely use.

I suppose this is another option. I clicked on the "sign in with FB" option because I assumed that, well, this would be enough and I wouldn't have to enter any more contact info if I just used that.

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I suppose this is another option. I clicked on the "sign in with FB" option because I assumed that, well, this would be enough and I wouldn't have to enter any more contact info if I just used that.

If it's any consolation, the phone number is only used for the two-way verification. I just looked into the terms of service of bumble and... the only thing they are using for advertising is... your age, gender, location etc., and you have the option to deny that.

12 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean ... I cannot really use a cat to date, can I? :P 

Well, you kinda brought it up... :cool4:

39 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe I should just give up and ... get myself some cats I suppose.

Besides, what's the point of chats shipping guys to you that are apparently not fit for purpose. :leaving:

12 minutes ago, Toth said:

If it's any consolation, the phone number is only used for the two-way verification. I just looked into the terms of service of bumble and... the only thing they are using for advertising is... your age, gender, location etc., and you have the option to deny that.

I am trying to use Tinder (not because of any conviction it is better, but only because I assume it, as a very well-known one, would even have some membership around these parts - maybe you have more options, being in a big city, but I am in, well, a country the size or a postage stamp with small population) and it gives me the options: sign in using Google, sign in using FB, sign in using your phone number. I am not sure if it would also demand the phone number if I tried to use Google/Gmail to sign in.

6 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, you kinda brought it up... :cool4:

Besides, what's the point of chats shipping guys to you that are apparently not fit for purpose. :leaving:

It was just a figure of speech. ;) I am not really planning on getting a cat.

I don't understand what you mean by the second part of the comment ... (but I assume it is something not really that important for me to understand?)

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't understand what you mean by the second part of the comment ... (but I assume it is something not really that important for me to understand?)

That's pretty much the entirety of my posts. Nothing important to understand there. And I was having some fun with chats, there.

6 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

However, his sculpted muscles were the only thing that was hard last night. He’s 35. He looked at me a bit lost and said, “this has never happened before.”

That's what I meant with her sending you spares, that are not fit for purpose.

15 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That's pretty much the entirety of my posts. Nothing important to understand there. And I was having some fun with chats, there.

That's what I meant with her sending you spares, that are not fit for purpose.

Oh. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: This kind of ... unfit for the purpose. :blushing:

I suppose with my desperation, I cannot afford to be picky about people let alone judge them, but ... Maybe I wouldn't be too satisfied with a man with a persistent problem of this type either. :blushing::blushing::blushing: :leaving: 

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I suppose with my desperation, I cannot afford to be picky about people let alone judge them, but ... Maybe I wouldn't be too satisfied with a man with a persistent problem of this type either. :blushing::blushing::blushing: :leaving: 

Negative.

You can be as picky as you want.

Wait for someone who suits you. 

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Negative.

You can be as picky as you want.

Wait for someone who suits you. 

Thank you. I am trying to stay in this mindset. It is only tough because I have been "waiting" for so many years, and I often doubt there is really anybody out there who would suit me, and even if there is, will I ever meet them?

But no worries, I have already turned down one person who started being interested in me, but I didn't find him interesting at all. So I suppose I have some standards, however low I am trying to hold them. This was more than a year ago.

The last person I met up a few times, fairly recently, we found an important incompatibility based on religion. This is so weird. And there are just so many things that can make a relationship not work. It is sometimes hard to even imagine how people find somebody who fits them at all.

Reading the last page and a half or so makes me question if I should ever give advice here, but I'll try.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

But then I am VERY desperate when it comes to relationships and all

Don't be. You should never feel desperate, especially in this sense. You have a lot to offer even if you haven't found the best way to express it, but desperation does you no good.

2 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

You deserve someone who *wants* to be with you.

I don't think that's the issue at hand.

Archived