Could Daenerys be killed by wildfire?

Angel Eyes

4 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

So in the show, Daenerys is fireproof. If she's immune to the effects of fire, is she also immune to the effects of wildfire, which is also an explosive?

Well, doesn't it look explosive because it going off pushes off a wave of air or something? It's called wildFIRE, not wildexplosive. 

I wanted to test something with that; how would everyone react if Daenerys killed herself during The Bells... by complete accident. Say she's right where she was after taking the city, just before she starts burning everything, and one of the gusts of flame Drogon had accidentally sets off one of the wildfire caches. Would it kill her and what would the reaction be?

Fireproof Dany was a silly idea, but yes, I think in the show's continuity, the blast from wildfire could kill her.  Bizarrely, they never had her chained to Drogon or wearing armour, so a blast could have knocked her off quite easily.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, SeanF said:

Fireproof Dany was a silly idea, but yes, I think in the show's continuity, the blast from wildfire could kill her.  Bizarrely, they never had her chained to Drogon or wearing armour, so a blast could have knocked her off quite easily.

I think I have an in-universe explanation: how many books are there about the Targaryens riding dragons? She's not exactly the reading type in the first place, and she wouldn't have much access having spent much of her early life on the run. You can't use what you don't know about.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

I mean when that Dothraki temple was burning and Dany was just standing there naked like a badass... I was half waiting for a wooden beam to fall down and crush her.

Your quote reminds me of the time when me and my father were finishing up yardwork and other projects, and we walked out to throw stuff into the recycle. We were about twenty, thirty feet away when we heard a crashing noise, came back and saw that the brackets holding the ladders above the shed doorway failed. It would have been entirely unlucky thing (and painful too, those were good sized ladders) to be leaving 20-60 seconds later. 

18 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Your quote reminds me of the time when me and my father were finishing up yardwork and other projects, and we walked out to throw stuff into the recycle. We were about twenty, thirty feet away when we heard a crashing noise, came back and saw that the brackets holding the ladders above the shed doorway failed. It would have been entirely unlucky thing (and painful too, those were good sized ladders) to be leaving 20-60 seconds later. 

Yikes! Glad you and your father were alright. That ties into something my own father told me. He's a firefighter and he told me what scared him in a burning building wasn't the fire itself but the building falling down around him.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:05 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Yikes! Glad you and your father were alright. That ties into something my own father told me. He's a firefighter and he told me what scared him in a burning building wasn't the fire itself but the building falling down around him.

Thanks. I would think that all of being in a burning building would be frightening, but I suppose the building falling a larger risk than the fire. Depends. 

On 5/26/2021 at 6:08 AM, SeanF said:

I actually don't think it was a silly idea

What was a silly idea was the fact that she never wore armor given how she almost always led from the front

2 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

What was a silly idea was the fact that she never wore armor given how she almost always led from the front

I would've loved to see her in armor. 

2 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

IMO, it's not absurd. What is absurd is that the hair is fireproof as well, although it's understandable that Emilia doesn't want to walk around bald. 

5 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

A silly contrivance was not wearing armour so that Jon could stab her.  Of course a dragon rider woukd have armour.

15 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

14 hours ago, SeanF said:

A silly contrivance was not wearing armour so that Jon could stab her.  Of course a dragon rider woukd have armour.

I know right!

But yeah, in season 7, during that pitched battle against the Lannisters and the Tarlys, there's no reason why she would be unarmed in a dress, no matter if it is a dress made out of multiple layers of boiled leather. That was crazy! You would think she would start wearing armor after her close call with Jaime Lannister yet...there we are in the season 7 finale with Dany pulling off the world's strangest, fastest, most impossible solo rescue mission in yet another dress.

One of the three things that I liked about season 8 is how we finally saw Dany pick up a sword and fight. It's going to happen in the next two books (she's a dragonrider warrior-queen...

7 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

there we are in the season 7 finale with Dany pulling off the world's strangest, fastest, most impossible solo rescue mission in yet another dress

Dany: "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Result: iNstAnT tElePorTaTiOn

7 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

But yeah, in season 7, during that pitched battle against the Lannisters and the Tarlys

It looked quite good, but it has idiotic tactics and concept. But, yeah, she needs armor with a bunch of arrows hurtling about. 

Spoiler
On 10/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

IMO, it's not absurd. What is absurd is that the hair is fireproof as well, although it's understandable that Emilia doesn't want to walk around bald. 

I mean I kinda did like that wintery outfit she had(though it's silly she apparently had a custom outfit ready to go just in case she flew north), but yeah... I think she could've pulled off some armor nicely. Even if it was just some leather or something. Seems you'd want something if you were flying around on a huge arrow magnet. Dany should've came to that conclusion after the Harpy attack in the arena.

I would've preferred her hair to have burned too. It would've been a nice reminder to the audience over a period of time and it's always nice to see consequences on screen. Even the abridged version of Cersei's hair getting shorn stuck around for the rest of the series as a visible reminder of Cersei's shame. 

On 8/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, Angel Eyes said:

What do you mean?

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner.  I mean MMD died when she hatched the eggs and as other pointed out all those Kal's dead when she burned the temple, so I think she would have to be actively seeking and achieving someone else's death in the process of getting hit with the wildfire.

Archived