The Kitten That Was Promised

Daendrew

Tommen is king and he gets his kittens from Maergary. 

He calls one kitten “Ser Pounce.” He is The Kitten That Was Promised.

As king, Tommen has the power to knight anyone, why not a cat? Why not symbolically for narrative purposes?

Baelerion The Black Cat with a chewed off ear, is the baddest feline of the Red Keep. (S)he was bold enough to literally eat Tywin’s lunch and live to tell the tale. Few can boast of that. 

George puts few details in for no reason, especially a detail mentioned three or more times.

I think #KITTENBOWL can thus be considered unConfirmed. 

I think this is foreshadowing for a battle between the cats in Winds to echo what will happen in Dream, or the battle will be early in Dream and foreshadow a major battle against a monster or dragon (figurative or real).

As Sandor hates being called a knight yet will be reborn psychologically in Winds, 50 Golden Felines says this foreshadowes Sandor’s triumph against the monster that was once his brother.

REJOICE! For #KITTENBOWL has thus been unConfirmed.

47 minutes ago, Seams said:

Where does the King In The North (KITN) rank in your tourney bracket?

He is just king in the North. Balerion is king wherever he meows.

Great to see you Seams :)

6 hours ago, Daendrew said:

REJOICE! For #KITTENBOWL has thus been unConfirmed.

Between whom and whom? Ser Pounce and Balerion!? :lmao:. No contest. We all know who'll win. I prefer #cleganebowl, thank you. 

5 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

So Balerion the Black Cat is the the Prince that was Promised? 

And more 

5 hours ago, Daendrew said:

Ser Pounce is the hero. 

1 hour ago, TheFlyingHellfish said:

Genuine laugh out loud at KITN. We can go deeper. The Kitten in the North. KITN. 

Who is warging Balerion the Black meow? To be more precise, which Stark 

3 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Between whom and whom? Ser Pounce and Balerion!? :lmao:. No contest. We all know who'll win. I prefer #cleganebowl, thank you. 

And more 

Who is warging Balerion the Black meow? To be more precise, which Stark 

Good Queen Alys Thenn

5 hours ago, TheFlyingHellfish said:

Balerion is definitely a he. He’s referenced as a tomcat several times, which means a male. 

Genuine laugh out loud at KITN. We can go deeper. The Kitten in the North. KITN. 

The Kitten in the North! 

The Kitten in the North!

THE KITTEN IN THE NORTH!

6 hours ago, Seams said:

Where does the King In The North (KITN) rank in your tourney bracket?

Below the Whiskers Greenpaw of the Reach and above Scratchy the Clever of the Rock

KITNs and wolfs living together. No wonder the world is ending:

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Olenna seems to support the kitten bowl approach to establishing a successor to the iron throne, while Sansa pursues an alternate solution as a basis for peace:

"A great oaf," said the Queen of Thorns. "His father was an oaf as well. My husband, the late Lord Luthor. Oh, I loved him well enough, don't mistake me. A kind man, and not unskilled in the bedchamber, but an appalling oaf all the same. He managed to ride off a cliff whilst hawking. They say he was looking up at the sky and paying no mind to where his horse was taking him.

"And now my oaf son is doing the same, only he's riding a lion instead of a palfrey. It is easy to mount a lion and not so easy to get off, I warned him, but he only chuckles. Should you ever have a son, Sansa, beat him frequently so he learns to mind you. I only had the one boy and I hardly beat him at all, so now he pays more heed to Butterbumps than he does to me. A lion is not a lap cat, I told him, and he gives me a 'tut-tut-Mother.' There is entirely too much tut-tutting in this realm, if you ask me. All these kings would do a deal better if they would put down their swords and listen to their mothers." (ASoS, Sansa I)

What did it matter about his leg? Willas would be Lord of Highgarden and she would be his lady.

She pictured the two of them sitting together in a garden with puppies in their laps, or listening to a singer strum upon a lute while they floated down the Mander on a pleasure barge. If I give him sons, he may come to love me. She would name them Eddard and Brandon and Rickon, and raise them all to be as valiant as Ser Loras. And to hate Lannisters, too. In Sansa's dreams, her children looked just like the brothers she had lost. Sometimes there was even a girl who looked like Arya. (ASoS, Sansa II)

Does this portend a kitty vs. puppy split within House Tyrell? Or does Sansa's marriage to Tyrion (who is associated with monkeys) entirely undermine the puppy strategy?

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

By the old gods and the new and all the heretic gods of the east we need a new book. The fans are getting restless.

Sit down and have some Hippocras 

4 hours ago, Seams said:

Olenna seems to support the kitten bowl approach to establishing a successor to the iron throne, while Sansa pursues an alternate solution as a basis for peace:

Does this portend a kitty vs. puppy split within House Tyrell? Or does Sansa's marriage to Tyrion (who is associated with monkeys) entirely undermine the puppy strategy?

Violet eyed velociraptors have been seen in Sorhyros riding pterodactyls.

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

By the old gods and the new and all the heretic gods of the east we need a new book. The fans are getting restless.

Drink some wine, it'll all seem more realistic. This is known. Also, them fans ain't restless. Them fans is insane. This is also known.

3 hours ago, Daendrew said:

Violet eyed velociraptors have been seen in Sorhyros riding pterodactyls.

Jayzus. Krakens, dragons, wights and white walkers......what isn't happening or stirring?

22 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

It is well known that Balerion the cat is the true King of the Red Keep. His trueborn kit Ser Pounce is the PTWP, and he and Hot Pie will save Planetos from the Others. It is known.

All this is known. Except you have one mistake. Remember, you must say "This is known", then somebody else will say "It is known." This is known. 

Archived