Jon is a black rose

Bowen 747

"And now it begins", said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning.  He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands.  The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

This to me is explicit.  Light is life.  Dawn brings light.  Dawn is the Sword of the Morning. 

"No", Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends".  As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming.  

Here we have another explicit message.  What happened at the Tower of Joy was thing that triggered the end of life.  It is what brought the darkness.  The steel of man's weapons against the darkness of the Others.  Something bad came out of Lyanna and left that tower.  This is what started the avalanche that will destroy Westeros.  

The Sword of the Morning fell and the light with it.  This is the beginning of the end.  

A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.

It's almost a fact that Lyanna gave birth to Jon Snow.  It matters little who fathered him.  He is the rose.  A black rose in this story.  He will bring death to the people of Westeros by letting the White Walkers in.  His love for Arya will drive him to open the gates for the Others.  He is the rose and the White Walkers will be the storm that will sweep across the land.  

Dawn is not the Lightbringer but it precedes the arrival of Daenerys and her dragons.  Ned Dayne will inherit the sword and become prominent in Westeros.  Daenerys will arrive soon after and the dragons are her Lightbringer.

I think instead Jon is more of a Winter Rose, like the one in Dany's visions in the house of the undying, the one growing out the side of The Wall. 

The rare rose is the most beautiful to grow in the gardens of Winterfell, and perhaps this is symbolic of Jon being the rare rose of Winterfell, truly virtuous of the stark values.

or perhaps it is symbolic the love between Lyanna and Rhaegar/ Bael the Bard and his Stark bride. Both a son of a Stark and a would be king. Bael's son killed him and as an unknowing kinslayer was doomed to die by a Bolton. Jon died (for now presumably) breaking his vows as a Brother to save a life from a Bolton.

Rhaegar was born in grief, caused a lot of grief, and died in grief.  Lyanna was described as a "slim, sad girl."  Jon is morose and his actions at the wall will definitely bring widespread grief to Westeros.  His execution for treason is not likely to improve his disposition when he comes back.  Cold and cold-hearted he will be.  Bran is bitter for being crippled.  Arya is nuts.  The Starks are an angry lot.  Their anger will lead to atrocities.  

I'm not one of you, Starks or Jon haters. But I agree with you, Jon, Bran, Arya are dark characters. Potentially they will serve the purpose of the Others. Possibly as Lady Stone Heart will do too. Punishing the violations of guest's rights and other crimes and profanities.

Reading Fire & Blood and Westeros history of wars and massacres just inspire me wishing the eradication of the Aegons, Maegors, Brightfires, Tywinws, Ramsays and others of such a long list. Wishing that no such individuals could arise again from a lack of wisdom of the general population. I hope the Others will see to it. And the Starks to help.

Arya and LSH are sort of executioners. Bran probably serves the same Old Gods as the Others. I would not be surprised or disappointed if Jon was a sort of Night King after his return. Even Rickon could contribute by rallying Old Gods followers.

Why the Others are coming now and not before? For example, at the time of Aegon's conquest or the Dance of Dragons? Because before it would have only led to the extinction of Men on Westeros. And it's not the objective. It's not (I hope) a beating to death. Men cannot survive something able to shut down the Sun (or changing climate) for as long as necessary. The Others and the Old Gods are not an enemy you can defeat in a war. The existence of Bran and Jon could be a bridge between what the Old Gods and the Others want and what the men could understand and reform to.

This is not really a theory. Just a reaction to the shit world GRRM is serving us.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:42 AM, Bowen 747 said:

This to me is explicit.  Light is life.  Dawn brings light.  Dawn is the Sword of the Morning. 

Here we have another explicit message.  What happened at the Tower of Joy was thing that triggered the end of life.  It is what brought the darkness.  The steel of man's weapons against the darkness of the Others.  Something bad came out of Lyanna and left that tower.  This is what started the avalanche that will destroy Westeros.  

The Sword of the Morning fell and the light with it.  This is the beginning of the end.  

It's almost a fact that Lyanna gave birth to Jon Snow.  It matters little who fathered him.  He is the rose.  A black rose in this story.  He will bring death to the people of Westeros by letting the White Walkers in.  His love for Arya will drive him to open the gates for the Others.  He is the rose and the White Walkers will be the storm that will sweep across the land.  

I think so too.  His emotions compromised him like the NK was with his. Arya is a corpse queen in her own way.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

I think so too.  His emotions compromised him like the NK was with his. Arya is a corpse queen in her own way.

Arya is up to her chin in death and corpses.  The connection is there but George will put a twist.  Jon will be the walking corpse and Arya will be the one tempted to go to him.  Their passion will bring on further sorrow to Westeros. 

Roses are plenty in the story.  The Tyrells are also roses.  Blue roses are significant because they are a poisoned gift.  Jon is a poisoned gift to the wall and his time at commander will cause the wall to fail.  

On 5/21/2021 at 10:42 PM, Bowen 747 said:

It has been fact for several years now and he isn't a rose, that's Lyanna. Jon is the song of ice and fire 

On 5/22/2021 at 1:42 AM, Bowen 747 said:

Jon is corrupted.  He corrupted the Night's Watch with his love for his sister.  A rose that was supposed to be blue, as in winter roses, turns black because of uncontrolled emotions leading to bad decisions.  The Watch will be in a state of disorder because of Jon's actions and the White Walkers will choose that time to attack. 

A black rose he could be. Fans have always assumed that Jon is a blue rose.  A blue rose is a gift from a bard to a Stark. Bael and Rhaegar gifted blue roses to a Stark. Mance is the third bard and he might present a gift to the wighted Jon Snow-Stark at the Wall.  Mance will escape from Winterfell and could conceivably meet the real Arya and bring her to the Wall. 

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

I think instead Jon is more of a Winter Rose, like the one in Dany's visions in the house of the undying, the one growing out the side of The Wall. 

The rare rose is the most beautiful to grow in the gardens of Winterfell, and perhaps this is symbolic of Jon being the rare rose of Winterfell, truly virtuous of the stark values.

or perhaps it is symbolic the love between Lyanna and Rhaegar/ Bael the Bard and his Stark bride. Both a son of a Stark and a would be king. Bael's son killed him and as an unknowing kinslayer was doomed to die by a Bolton. Jon died (for now presumably) breaking his vows as a Brother to save a life from a Bolton.

Jon is not virtuous.  He is a traitor to the Nightswatch.  It is Jon's corruption which will be the death of the Nightswatch.  It wasn't a simple saving of a a life.  Jon allowed his personal feelings to lead him to a very bad decision.  He chose to endanger everybody for the sake of his sister.  Jon is easily the worst lord commander ever.  Jon also acted on his feelings and killed a brother of the watch, Janos Slynt.  Jon is not going to become the king of westeros.  He might succeed Mance to lead the barbarians but that is his peak of glory unless you count the carnage after he lets the Others and their wights through the wall.  

On 5/29/2021 at 7:09 AM, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Another Jon hate thread. :rolleyes: How original.

Seems more original than R+L=J. 

I for one like any questioning of the narrative, and the Stark associated with Ice and Death, are hinted at being the Dark side.

I mentioned this before but the 3 Eyed Crow is the Odin/Zeus figure who tried to destroy the world after usurping the gods. His son, is the 13th ruler of the Golden Empire of the Dawn. (13th person since Adam and Eve). His son in myth is Apollo/Baldur.

Daenerys who is associated with House Dayne, and the Day Star, Star of the Morning, Starfall. Is Lucifer, the morning star, the light bringer. 13th of the Golden Empire since Adam and Eve. Lucifer is Eosphoros, son of Eos, daughter of the Titan Hyperion. Who's brother Iapetus is associated with Japheth of the bible, son of Noah. Noah being 10th since Adam and Eve.

Bran the Blessed means the "Blessed Crow" in English mythology of Wales. He's a Giant who goes to the land of the dead.

Who ever you believe Jon's parents to be, he is a Stark. More a Stark than his siblings other than Arya. He's likely on the side of death with Bran. They're tied by their Direwolves. 

I want to elaborate on the topic of Jon's future deadly rampage.  I doubt he will do this for amusement.  It will be  love and hate when he goes through his destructive rampage.  He will come back and kill Marsh and the other boys. He will use whatever means he has at his disposal, in this case the wights, to find Arya and destroy the Boltons.  He will unleash the wights and it will result in further catastrophe to the north.  Jon will be past caring because he is an undead but his love for Arya is still strong.  

On 5/29/2021 at 7:09 AM, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Another Jon hate thread. :rolleyes: How original.

What'd you expect? A donation for a temple commemorating Jon? From this lot? (Pardons for the tone, I've had a long day)

On 6/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

It has been fact for several years now and he isn't a rose, that's Lyanna. Jon is the song of ice and fire 

I have to disagree with this. Jon seems to be ice, not fire. Dany, however, is fire, life, love, etc. Combine those two and bim, song of ice and fire. Remember, Jojen said something about ice and fire mating, all that. 

Archived