What if Viserys was alive?

Falcon2909

If Viserys had stayed in Pentos as counseled(most feasible way for him to avoid being crowned prematurely) he'd likely be with the Golden Company and Young Griff would never be heard from unless some other ill fate met with Viserys.

Interesting scenario, the most likely thing would be him coming back to Illyrio (I don’t see him surviving after Khal Drogo’s fall), but then I would guess that Varys would push Viserys to get an army and strike after the war of the 5 kings, low chances to succeed but once Viserys dies, Aegon would come with the excuse of avenging his uncle. 

Ofc the most interesting question is, would Daenerys support his brother claim and go to Pentos to try to retake the seven kingdoms with him? I don’t think so, Dany wants to stay for the slaves, maybe her brother being alive makes her actually want to stay in a Essos permanently as a liberator. Would Barristan support Viserys tho? Mmmm that’s even a better question 

Viserys is belligerent and a male Targaryen with surer blood than Aegon VI. If he wasn't killed by Drogo he'd be killed by some other Dothraki, or stupidity in the wilderness, or Illyrio/Varys's birds.

23 hours ago, Falcon2909 said:

What if Viserys wasn't killed by Drogo? How does that change things? 

I would still say not much.  Princess Daenerys would soon figure out that King Viserys III is not up to the task of ruling Westeros.  Let alone defeating the masters and helping the slaves.  She would find a way to get him out of the picture.   KVIII doesn't have the emotional stability and temperament to bond with a dragon.  A dragon does not bond with an unstable mind.  

On 5/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Lord Lannister said:

If Viserys had stayed in Pentos as counseled(most feasible way for him to avoid being crowned prematurely) he'd likely be with the Golden Company and Young Griff would never be heard from unless some other ill fate met with Viserys.

Perhaps.  Assuming his arrogance doesn't get him into trouble early on.  

2 hours ago, Corvus Black said:

Then he would be killed by Drogo at that time. For all that it matters Aegon is a Targaryen, and the rightful king at that.

Aegon's a Blackfyre, or just a boy at the right age and features. He's fake. Dany or Jon ( provided R+L=j is true) should rule. 

1 hour ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

If Drogo had not killed him in Vaes Dothrak,he'd have been dead by one misstep or another. What we know of him is just is just too damning from a personality standpoint for him to be suffered for long.

I'm surprised he even got across the Dothraki Sea without being killed for somesuch offense. 

Just now, Jaenara Belarys said:

Oh for the love of God.....are you a Lemongate person? 

Dany's timeline doesn't add up, especially with what GRRM has said about the age difference between Jon and Dany. Meanwhile most evidence points to Aegon being the real thing.

4 hours ago, Corvus Black said:

Dany's timeline doesn't add up, especially with what GRRM has said about the age difference between Jon and Dany. Meanwhile most evidence points to Aegon being the real thing.

wow I just looked it up. its actually a pretty appealing theory... and it makes Dany's birth more like Jon (and Tyrion presumably) than I previously thought. 

Archived