Cricket 41: "Test World Cup equivalent, purists and noobs (like me)!"

TheLastWolf

13 hours ago, Paxter said:

At least the BCCI didn't use the monsoon as the excuse this time!

You really haven't experienced them, have you? England may have perennial showers and NZ wet, but these torrents of late are unlike anything you'd have seen, even YTS YIFY can't match

8 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

You really haven't experienced them, have you? England may have perennial showers and NZ wet, but these torrents of late are unlike anything you'd have seen, even YTS YIFY can't match

Sure. But India routinely plays cricket during the monsoon. As an example, in 2019 they hosted (in India) three T20s and three test matches against SA.

So how is 2021 different? Oh, COVID. 

1 hour ago, Paxter said:

Sure. But India routinely plays cricket during the monsoon. As an example, in 2019 they hosted (in India) three T20s and three test matches against SA.

So how is 2021 different? Oh, COVID. 

10 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

But the excuse is a fact :D

The entire England ODI squad is self-isolating after seven positive COVID tests, three players and four staff. England is now going to name an entirely new squad for the games against Pakistan, Stokes to captain

5 hours ago, Zlatan Ibrahimaltvic said:

The entire England ODI squad is self-isolating after seven positive COVID tests, three players and four staff. England is now going to name an entirely new squad for the games against Pakistan, Stokes to captain

Saw that news - pretty crazy, though not entirely surprising given how COVID is going. I guess they figured going ahead with a second-string side was better than postponing the series.

5 hours ago, Jeor said:

Saw that news - pretty crazy, though not entirely surprising given how COVID is going. I guess they figured going ahead with a second-string side was better than postponing the series.

The English summer is probably busy enough that if they postponed it then there wouldn't be any space for the matches.

They probably also figured it was a good opportunity to see how some new or recalled players do.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Yawn. Anything interesting? Like how Imran Khan is making a fool of himself. 

Too many pyjama parties…bring on the Eng/India test matches!

Lots of B-grade cricket on right now. 

53 minutes ago, Paxter said:

Sadly, much as I love it, the B-grade cricket is likely to be the Test matches 

14 hours ago, Paxter said:

:commie:

14 hours ago, Paxter said:

13 hours ago, Hereward said:

Well, look at this this way. Makes you appreciate finer ones better. I usually apply this as a consolation for music, food, literature, cinema and sports. 

On 7/9/2021 at 3:31 PM, Hereward said:

You mean you’re not excited by the prospects of Vince and Malan returning to the test fold, just in time for the Ashes?

:P

16 minutes ago, Paxter said:

You mean you’re not excited by the prospects of Vince and Malan returning to the test fold, just in time for the Ashes?

:P

Actually, I am! I'd like to see both of them. I just don't want to sit through another Sibley-Burns opening partnership! Fr the Ashes, I'd like to see:

Burns

Crawley

Malan

Root

Vince/Lawrence

Stokes 

Bairstow

Archer

Wood

Broad

Parkinson (if he learns how to bowl a googly. And catch.)

Reserves: Anderson, Ali, Pope, Sibley, Leach, Robinson, Buttler.

Edit: If it wasn't for sentiment, I'd probably take Mahmood instead of Anderson.

Archived