Cricket 41: "Test World Cup equivalent, purists and noobs (like me)!"

TheLastWolf

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still don't really understand the sport, but I've watched a handful of cricket over the summer and it does look like a lot of fun, so long as a game doesn't take five days.

One of us! One of us!

There is a tournament called the Indian Premier League that kicks off again in October. Good gateway into the game if you’re interested. A lot of the world’s best players are in the tournament and the matches are about the same length as a baseball game.

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still don't really understand the sport, but I've watched a handful of cricket over the summer and it does look like a lot of fun, so long as a game doesn't take five days.

I prefer the Test format, so a five-day match is ideal for me. As Paxter says, shorter formats like T20 (approximately three hours) sound more your speed. In the States, WillowTV should have at least some of the IPL matches.

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Heathen!

Test cricket is the only real cricket.

If you're just starting out though then T20 cricket would be a good entry point. Game is short with a high rate of run scoring.

Archived