Euro 2020 in 2021

I'm of the opinion that if there's one 'big name' shock exit in this tournament, the Netherlands is likely to be it. Only seen them play a couple of times recently, but this is not a good Dutch team.

13 minutes ago, Angus McGonagle said:

I'm of the opinion that if there's one 'big name' shock exit in this tournament, the Netherlands is likely to be it. Only seen them play a couple of times recently, but this is not a good Dutch team.

They don't have their best player and captain. Also, probably the worst coach in the competition.

Well we'll see if all three big teams from the final group will make it further, and I'll wait to see Spain, too, before making this prediction. The Dutch were unlucky losing a few players before this match, but hopefully De Ligt is available for next game, to steady their defense better. And I would put Kruul in as GK, at least he can make some explosive saves. But yes, their coach is an issue. 

22 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

They're teeing up the Spain game and holy crap, the Spanish team gets to play all three games in Spain. Isn't that rather unfair?

Some stats on who has to travel the furthest and who has to travel the least (a number of "0 mile" countries), and some explanation for how it fell out that way can be found here

Archived