Euro 2020 in 2021

5 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Dramatic ending to the Sweden-Poland game. 

Have to hand it to Poland, they really woke up after that first half and fought for every chance. Lewandowski is of course their MVP, so cool and collected on the attack.

28 minutes ago, Ranivaka said:

Lewandowski is of course their MVP, so cool and collected on the attack.

He's our MVP in general obviously by miles, but Frankowski was the star of the show in this game after he came on I gotta say. Makes me wonder how things could have gone if he'd started. 

39 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He's our MVP in general obviously by miles, but Frankowski was the star of the show in this game after he came on I gotta say. Makes me wonder how things could have gone if he'd started. 

The real question is, can he play in the same team as Stevieowski?

Round of 16 matchups:

Wales vs Denmark (Amsterdam)

Italy vs Austria (London)

Netherlands vs Czech Republic (Budapest)

Belgium vs Portugal (Seville)

Croatia vs Spain (Copenhagen)

France vs Switzerland (Bucharest)

England vs Germany (London)

Sweden vs Ukraine (Glasgow)

So, no shock early exits, no surprise teams moving on, though plenty of nail biting moments, and twists and turns. Some of the big teams are looking shaky, while others are looking supreme.

My predictions:

Wales vs Denmark - if the Welsh can muster the anger that they lost their coach for being a piece of shit, and turn it into rage on the pitch, they might just outbalance the Danish enthusiasm. Haha, fuck no! Denmark is winning this!  

Italy vs Austria - Italy has looked the best out of all the teams so far; Austria is a good step below in all areas.

Netherlands vs Czech Republic - The Dutch have some weaknesses, mainly because they're missing some key players; but so far, they've been good. The Czechs may produce a surprise, but I doubt it.

Belgium vs Portugal - on paper Belgium, in reality Portugal is one of those teams that refuses to go away; they may get going like they did in 2016, but Belgium's attack is likely to be too much for them.

Croatia vs Spain - both teams looked poor at first, but finished the group on a high note; I think Croatian experience and grit will stifle Spain's passing game, and take it to them.

France vs Switzerland - the Swiss don't have the quality and organization to take out France; they only advanced thanks to beating a piss-poor Turkey.

England vs Germany - AT PENALTY KICKS!!! Honestly, I can't predict this one; Germany are shaky and below their form, except when they're not as they've shown against Portugal. England have kept a good defense, but have struggled to score.

Sweden vs Ukraine - Ukraine just limped over the line, and Sweden have shown a strong defense; both teams struggle to score; an upset is not out of the question.

Archived