Westeros Euro 2020 - Fantasy League

Started a fantasy league for the Euro 2020.

Here's the link - Westeros Euro 2020

Hopefully, that's all you need to join.  But they did also give me a code:  24DNPEI404

It's basically the same rules as in past years.  You get 100m to spend on a full team, made up of 3 forwards, 5 midfielders, 5 defenders, and 2 goalkeepers.  Pick your team using that budget, and they score points throughout the tournament based on things like goals, assists, clean sheets, saves, etc. 

Also, there's a certain number of transfers that you can make each round, and a couple of wildcard/boosters you can play that make things interesting.

hmm, the link doesn't seem to be working. But not just your link, when I click on fantasy football it just loops around to a generic page. I am logged in.

Edit: works on the phone, but not on the browser.

For me, I clicked the link Whiskeyjack sent, and then I had to make a team (username, passwords, buying the team etc). After that process was over, I got a note inside saying Whiskeyjack asked me to join his league. 

Dunno if it works like that for everyone.

FYI, the code to join this league is just 24DNPEI404. I was dreading to type in all those characters on the phone until I realized the above code was repeating. I still can't get it to work on any browser.

My team for now:

GK: Donnaruma, Gulácsi

DEF: Trippier, Pavard, De Ligt, Meunier, Kabak

MID: de Jong, Barella, Tielemans, Oršić, Gnabry (who for some reason is a midfielder)

FWD: Immobile, Embolo, Müller (Germany's last hope :P)

It was not my intention to end up with three Italians, but such is life.

13 hours ago, mormont said:

I'd be in for this but as noted, can't see how to join?

The site seems to be a bit unreliable.  Sometimes it works well, and sometimes its down or takes forever to load.  Also, I had to turn my adblocker off for it in order to get it to work, show the players, etc.

Beyond that, I think Rorshach has it right when he says that if you click the link it will take you to the screen where you can login (or create an account) and pick a team.  And then join the league after that?  I'm not entirely sure, since it was a bit different for me in starting up the league.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

FYI, the code to join this league is just 24DNPEI404. I was dreading to type in all those characters on the phone until I realized the above code was repeating. I still can't get it to work on any browser.

:lol:  No clue why it copied the code 3 times, sorry about that.  And thanks for pointing it out - I'll edit it in the first post.  

My only idea on the browser issue is what I mentioned above re: the adblocker, if you have one of those running.

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

The site seems to be a bit unreliable.  Sometimes it works well, and sometimes its down or takes forever to load.  Also, I had to turn my adblocker off for it in order to get it to work, show the players, etc.

Beyond that, I think Rorshach has it right when he says that if you click the link it will take you to the screen where you can login (or create an account) and pick a team.  And then join the league after that?  I'm not entirely sure, since it was a bit different for me in starting up the league.

:lol:  No clue why it copied the code 3 times, sorry about that.  And thanks for pointing it out - I'll edit it in the first post.  

My only idea on the browser issue is what I mentioned above re: the adblocker, if you have one of those running.

First thing I did was disable the ad blocker.

Edit: nevermind, needed to disable the ad/trackers feature from Malware Bytes, too. smh

14 hours ago, ljkeane said:

It didn't work for me in Firefox but it does in Chrome.:dunno:

This may be the issue, I'll try again!

ETA - OK, I'm in!

1 minute ago, Lykovic Magnin said:

You can still change that, till the game starts. I just did :).

Yeah, I know but I'd have to completely change the balance of my team and I can't be arsed working that out now. I'll just leave it and see if he gets some points off the bench. If not I'll sub him out.

Here's my team for Matchday 1.

FWD - Ronaldo, Lukaku, Depay
MID - Eriksen, Zielinski, Mount, Berardi, Alaba
DEF - Pepe, Kjaer, Maehle, Wijndal, Hinteregger
GK - Simon, Bachmann

Did one other league with friends where I switched Alaba/Pepe for Llorente/Spinazzola. 

Also gave some thought to switching Ronaldo/Zielinski/Alaba to Kane/F.Torres/Llorente - mainly to get Torres.  But I'm a little uncertain about the Covid situation for Spain, so decided to play it cautious for now. 

Good luck everyone!

19 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Yeah, I know but I'd have to completely change the balance of my team and I can't be arsed working that out now. 

Actually it wouldn’t have required reworking my team since Beradi was cheaper than Chiesa. Ffs.

Archived