What character do you hope will live?

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran. Those four in the books did the most of heavy lifting concerning the plot, thus in my opinion they deserve to make it thru the Long Night and to the bitter-sweet ending that GRRM had promised.

4 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran. Those four in the books did the most of heavy lifting concerning the plot, thus in my opinion they deserve to make it thru the Long Night and to the bitter-sweet ending that GRRM had promised.

yeah same. is there anyone outside pov/main characters who you want to live especially though?

wow, so far i agree with everyone in front of me :)

16 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

Garlan Tyrell

16 hours ago, The Hoare said:

Stannis

12 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Andar Royce

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran

28 minutes ago, Ser Salvo Summerhall said:

Patchface

if i had to pick only 1 person though, it would be Arya - she's a fighter

Jeyne Poole.  Poor kid deserves a nice, happy, comfortable life.

Tommen.  Would likely make a good king.  Too bad he probably won't get the chance.

Davos.  Good man in a so-so cause.  Plus headed into danger.

Meera, Brienne, Podrick.  Unsung heroes, all.

17 hours ago, Targaryeninkingslanding said:

yeah same. is there anyone outside pov/main characters who you want to live especially though?

Penny. Because she had suffered more than enough, and unlike in case with some other characters, who created their own problems (like Cersei, for example), none of what happened to Penny and her family was her own fault.

Mance Rayder. After everything he went thru, after everything he did to save his people, in my opinion he deserves to have a chance to survive thru the Long Night and to raise his son.

Tormund. He's a nice guy. And he already lost two of his sons. All he was trying to do is to gain a chance of survival for his family and his people, by bringing them on this side of The Wall. Would be sad if characters like him will die, and characters like Jaime will live.

Margaery and Loras. In my opinion those two are just victims of their family's politics. They never had any choice, no free will. Though if somehow they will be freed from Mace and Olenna, then I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be spared by GRRM. Unlike in Cersei's case, Margaery's death isn't necessary. If it will be proved/revealed that Tommen is not a Baratheon, add to this that the marriage between him and Margaery wasn't consumated, same as the marriage between Margaery and Joffrey. Thus there is no necessity for anyone to get rid of Margaery by murdering her, instead she could be just removed from the game board and simply sent home to Highgarden. Same with Loras. So what if he's a Kingsguard? Barristan Selmy was dismissed, thus the next King (or Queen) of 7K can dismiss Loras and sent him home with Margaery. I think that those two had already suffered enough.

Shiera Seastar, Barristan, Hodor. Though I'm sure that they will die.

Of the main characters, I don't really care if they live or die or become something not of warm blood and flesh. They are essential to GRRM story and their fate will be defined by the story. I care for the story and the purpose of it.

But there are plenty of secondary I wish they survive: Davos, Sam and Gilly, Mance, Tormund, Val... But if I chose one, it would Edmure and Roselin.

Only my sweet brother would crowd all these useless mouths into a castle that might soon be under siege. Catelyn knew that Edmure had a soft heart; sometimes she thought his head was even softer. She loved him for it, yet still ...

2 hours ago, Springwatch said:

Tommen. He's the last little ray of sunshine - snuff him out and the Long Night will truly be upon us.

Yes. Tommen and her sister are real good kids... despite what their father, mother and brother were... and these royals inflated ego.

But their fate is sealed by prophecy. They're the blood price of others. I'm sorry.

21 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

the direwolves 

I second that. Frankly, I've never completely forgiven Ned Stark for the killing of Sansa's direwolf.

Killing cannines is never something I like, and when they're the symbol of your house (and your culture is into symbolism).... it was bad politics too. I suspect GRRM never thought much of Ned Stark - too noble, too pliant, and not enough bite.

Anyway, the more direwolves that make it, the happier I am.

Archived