The Red Wedding Alternate Timeline

Mark O'Kane

Why does all the Northmen not act in character on that day? GRRM wrote them to be defeated but realistically it should have happened differently if they all actually stayed in character. If I was Robb I would have responded in a different way than what he actually did in real life. I like my version better tbh but you can decide if it makes sense yourself. 

When the rains of Castamere start playing Roose Bolton backflips off his chair and lands on the trestle table, and speaks in his spidery soft voice and no one understands it until someone (Steelshanks Walton probably) asks him to repeat himself and then Robb along with everyone else here the famous House Bolton words 'Our Blades are the Sharp'. Robb immediately knows this means Roose is gonna rebel against him and this is confirmed when Roose draws a valyrian steel knife and throws it in the air so it spins and he catches it at the hilt, proving he has prowess at arms. This is the signal for the Boltons to burst in with long axes and fur cloaks. Robb grabs his sword and then uses his skills to see that there are crossbowmen about to fire and him and his friends. Robb deflects the bolts with his sword and decides to name it the Winter Blade which Catelyn agrees is a good idea. Dacey Mormont and Wendel Manderly grab their morningstar and trident respectively and begin deflecting bolts too by spinning them at high speeds, with some bolts flinging back and hitting the assassins. The Greatjon burst into the room and Robb tells him to quickly disarm Roose with an Umber Uppercut but Roose says 'The only one here who is being disarmed is you The Greatjon' and Greatjon can't hear what he said but Robb did as he warged into Grey Wind for a split second to increase his hearing and then his eyes widen as he realises Roose has a secret hiding up his sleeve. Roose throws his knife and it spinds  VERY fast and slices off The Greatjons hand, who sucks on his stump to stop the bleeding while Robb is very angry at Roose. The knife flies back to Roose like a boomerang and he catches it just in time to parry Robbs downward cut with the Winter Blade. Thus they being their dance of death, a steel storm of swords that will surely result in a defeat for one of them.... Robb explains to Roose that he is the Young Wolf and he is a very powerful swordsman with massive experience and how swords are better than knives and Roose says he knows all this and he prepared for this duel and when Robb asks him what does he mean Roose draws a second knife. Roose then explains that since he has two weapons he can both attack and defend simultaneously while Robb can only do one which means he is in serious trouble. Robb backflips backwards to give himself some space but Roose presses the attack, slicing at very high speeds with his knives. Robb then has a flashback to this one time when he and his father Ned were talking about combat and he asked his Dad about combo moves. Ned explained that as Lord Paramount he is able to do combo moves with his bannermen, utilising their unique skills for his own end by combining their power with his own. Ned explained to Robb that combo moved are very difficult to master and there were some he had never accomplished and one he utterly failed at alongside Wyman Manderly at the Trident which nearly cost him and Wyman their lives. Robb swore to master them all one day, including the Manderly-Stark-Combination move. 

Robb then snapped back to the present, filled with inspiration. He looked at Wendel Manderly and nodded and Wendel knew exactly what his Lord and King was asking. Wendel threw his Trident at the wall so that it stuck into it and Robb jumped atop it, using it as a springboard to do a triple backflip over Roose Boltons head, avoiding a cut from Roose's knife that would have chopped his legs off had it connected. Roose wasn't expecting this one bit and as soon as Robb landed behind him he kicked Roose square in the chest and knocked him down. 'You have been defeated my lord' Robb proclaimed. Roose was not done yet, however, and he stood up and started glowing with a red aura. A man at arms named Aberdeen in service to Lord Flint recognised what was happening, 'He's invoking the power of the Red Kings! None can stand before him now!' Robb wasn't about to back down now, as he commanded Dacey Mormont to attack him. As Dacey lunged, Roose dodged her blows with an easy grace before lopping the top off her morningstar with his knife and then kicking it straight at her. The morningstar struck Dacey in the chest and knocked her off her feet but before Roose could finish her off Smalljon Umber threw a leg of lamb at him, distracting him long enough for Aberdeen and Wendel Manderly to pull her by the legs to safety. Catelyn then get right up in Robbs face, telling him he has to finally accept who he is and become the King of Winter like just like in the old days. Robb says he knows but he cannot believe in himself and Catelyn says she believes in him which gives him strength. Roose laughs and says to Robb 'You cannot defeat me now that I am become the Red King' and Robb goes really quiet and the music dies down as the room goes dark. Robb begins to glow with a blue aura and then he looks at Roose who says 'No! It's not possible!' Robb has now accepted his lineage and has become the Winter King, absorbing the powers of his ancestors and infusing their spirit into the Winter Blade. 'Winter is come' he says and he points his sword at Roose and unleashes an icy blast which takes him full in the face. Aberdeen then explains to Steelshanks Walton that Roose is in serious trouble as Robb now has embraced an ancient power that eclipses that of his Lord. Roose rushes at Robb with a hiss of anger and they engage in a fierce duel, blades clashing so fast no one can tell what's going on. Finally Robb invokes a battle cry that mimics the sound of a howling wolf to increase his attack strength and leers straight at Roose to lower his defence. He then lunges at Roose who tries a double strike with his knives, but the Winter Blade smashes them into pieces on contact. Robb finishes the battle with a mighty punch straight to Roose's face, laying him on his back. Roose returns to his base form, his red aura leaving him as Robb stands over him. 'My lord you have been defeated!' Robb proclaims and goes on to say he fought with great skill and is an honourable adversary. He then asks Roose will he be his leal man once more and promise House Bolton to be a friend to House Stark like they have always been? In a voice thick with emotion, Roose clasps Robbs hand and says 'Yes my king!' He then apologises to The Geatjon and says he was only trying to cut his meat, and the Greatjon laughs off his wound and tells Roose his meat is bloody tough too and they all have a quick laugh about it. But their laughs are cut short as Black Walder, Hosteen Frey and Merrett Frey all advance on the trio that Aberdeen later dubs 'The Trinity'(Greatjon, Roose and Robb). The Greatjon grabs a double edged axe from the wall but Roose and Robb nod at each other and then Robb says, time for my new finishing move 'The Red Winter! Roose then glows red but he transfers his aura to Robb, who then blasts a red aura/icy blast combo from his right hand at the three Freys, blasting them so hard it breaks every bone in their bodies and they also are plagued with nightmares about being flayed for their whole lives. Walder Frey literally can't believe any of this, but Robb says to Roose that he who passes the sentence should swing the sword and Roose gets this and then sentences Walder Frey to die and has Steelshanks Walton and Aberdeen throw him into the river below. Catelyn nodds in approval as all the Frey soldiers are captured just as Edmure Tully bursts in with a sword to help but everyone laughs because he is still naked and he is so embarrassed.

Roose Bolton waited. The torches above him flickered and smoked out of the air. There were starks at the wedding feast. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His foreshadowings in A Clash of Kings were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

Roose was a bannerman for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the northmen and he whispered to dad "I want to flay our enemies daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY STARKS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. And now in the great hall of the Twins he knew that old ways die hard.

This is Jaime a severed hand traced on a trencher. You must give my regards to Robb Stark!

So Roose gotted his joramun horn and blew up the wall.

"HE IS GOING TO KILL US" said the starks

"I will shoot at him" said the blackfish and he fired the fire arrows. Roose leeched at him and tried to purge the bad blood. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to flay.

"No. I must give the starks Jaime's regards" he whispered

The kingslayer's hand sketched in a sauce No, Roose. You are the regards

And then Roose wrote the pink letter.

29 minutes ago, stannis halfelven said:

Roose Bolton waited. The torches above him flickered and smoked out of the air. There were starks at the wedding feast. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His foreshadowings in A Clash of Kings were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

Roose was a bannerman for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the northmen and he whispered to dad "I want to flay our enemies daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY STARKS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. And now in the great hall of the Twins he knew that old ways die hard.

This is Jaime a severed hand traced on a trencher. You must give my regards to Robb Stark!

So Roose gotted his joramun horn and blew up the wall.

"HE IS GOING TO KILL US" said the starks

"I will shoot at him" said the blackfish and he fired the fire arrows. Roose leeched at him and tried to purge the bad blood. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to flay.

"No. I must give the starks Jaime's regards" he whispered

The kingslayer's hand sketched in a sauce No, Roose. You are the regards

And then Roose wrote the pink letter.

This

1 hour ago, Loose Bolt said:

Actually Grey Wind saved his own live, master and loyal soldiers by using his ability to release very powerful chemical weapon from his arse. After all there is very good reason why that direwolf has that name.

Grey Wind is named because that's the colour of the icy blast emitted from the palms of a patriarch of House Stark? 

23 hours ago, Mark O'Kane said:

Why does all the Northmen not act in character on that day? GRRM wrote them to be defeated but realistically it should have happened differently if they all actually stayed in character. If I was Robb I would have responded in a different way than what he actually did in real life. I like my version better tbh but you can decide if it makes sense yourself. 

When the rains of Castamere start playing Roose Bolton backflips off his chair and lands on the trestle table, and speaks in his spidery soft voice and no one understands it until someone (Steelshanks Walton probably) asks him to repeat himself and then Robb along with everyone else here the famous House Bolton words 'Our Blades are the Sharp'. Robb immediately knows this means Roose is gonna rebel against him and this is confirmed when Roose draws a valyrian steel knife and throws it in the air so it spins and he catches it at the hilt, proving he has prowess at arms. This is the signal for the Boltons to burst in with long axes and fur cloaks. Robb grabs his sword and then uses his skills to see that there are crossbowmen about to fire and him and his friends. Robb deflects the bolts with his sword and decides to name it the Winter Blade which Catelyn agrees is a good idea. Dacey Mormont and Wendel Manderly grab their morningstar and trident respectively and begin deflecting bolts too by spinning them at high speeds, with some bolts flinging back and hitting the assassins. The Greatjon burst into the room and Robb tells him to quickly disarm Roose with an Umber Uppercut but Roose says 'The only one here who is being disarmed is you The Greatjon' and Greatjon can't hear what he said but Robb did as he warged into Grey Wind for a split second to increase his hearing and then his eyes widen as he realises Roose has a secret hiding up his sleeve. Roose throws his knife and it spinds  VERY fast and slices off The Greatjons hand, who sucks on his stump to stop the bleeding while Robb is very angry at Roose. The knife flies back to Roose like a boomerang and he catches it just in time to parry Robbs downward cut with the Winter Blade. Thus they being their dance of death, a steel storm of swords that will surely result in a defeat for one of them.... Robb explains to Roose that he is the Young Wolf and he is a very powerful swordsman with massive experience and how swords are better than knives and Roose says he knows all this and he prepared for this duel and when Robb asks him what does he mean Roose draws a second knife. Roose then explains that since he has two weapons he can both attack and defend simultaneously while Robb can only do one which means he is in serious trouble. Robb backflips backwards to give himself some space but Roose presses the attack, slicing at very high speeds with his knives. Robb then has a flashback to this one time when he and his father Ned were talking about combat and he asked his Dad about combo moves. Ned explained that as Lord Paramount he is able to do combo moves with his bannermen, utilising their unique skills for his own end by combining their power with his own. Ned explained to Robb that combo moved are very difficult to master and there were some he had never accomplished and one he utterly failed at alongside Wyman Manderly at the Trident which nearly cost him and Wyman their lives. Robb swore to master them all one day, including the Manderly-Stark-Combination move. 

Robb then snapped back to the present, filled with inspiration. He looked at Wendel Manderly and nodded and Wendel knew exactly what his Lord and King was asking. Wendel threw his Trident at the wall so that it stuck into it and Robb jumped atop it, using it as a springboard to do a triple backflip over Roose Boltons head, avoiding a cut from Roose's knife that would have chopped his legs off had it connected. Roose wasn't expecting this one bit and as soon as Robb landed behind him he kicked Roose square in the chest and knocked him down. 'You have been defeated my lord' Robb proclaimed. Roose was not done yet, however, and he stood up and started glowing with a red aura. A man at arms named Aberdeen in service to Lord Flint recognised what was happening, 'He's invoking the power of the Red Kings! None can stand before him now!' Robb wasn't about to back down now, as he commanded Dacey Mormont to attack him. As Dacey lunged, Roose dodged her blows with an easy grace before lopping the top off her morningstar with his knife and then kicking it straight at her. The morningstar struck Dacey in the chest and knocked her off her feet but before Roose could finish her off Smalljon Umber threw a leg of lamb at him, distracting him long enough for Aberdeen and Wendel Manderly to pull her by the legs to safety. Catelyn then get right up in Robbs face, telling him he has to finally accept who he is and become the King of Winter like just like in the old days. Robb says he knows but he cannot believe in himself and Catelyn says she believes in him which gives him strength. Roose laughs and says to Robb 'You cannot defeat me now that I am become the Red King' and Robb goes really quiet and the music dies down as the room goes dark. Robb begins to glow with a blue aura and then he looks at Roose who says 'No! It's not possible!' Robb has now accepted his lineage and has become the Winter King, absorbing the powers of his ancestors and infusing their spirit into the Winter Blade. 'Winter is come' he says and he points his sword at Roose and unleashes an icy blast which takes him full in the face. Aberdeen then explains to Steelshanks Walton that Roose is in serious trouble as Robb now has embraced an ancient power that eclipses that of his Lord. Roose rushes at Robb with a hiss of anger and they engage in a fierce duel, blades clashing so fast no one can tell what's going on. Finally Robb invokes a battle cry that mimics the sound of a howling wolf to increase his attack strength and leers straight at Roose to lower his defence. He then lunges at Roose who tries a double strike with his knives, but the Winter Blade smashes them into pieces on contact. Robb finishes the battle with a mighty punch straight to Roose's face, laying him on his back. Roose returns to his base form, his red aura leaving him as Robb stands over him. 'My lord you have been defeated!' Robb proclaims and goes on to say he fought with great skill and is an honourable adversary. He then asks Roose will he be his leal man once more and promise House Bolton to be a friend to House Stark like they have always been? In a voice thick with emotion, Roose clasps Robbs hand and says 'Yes my king!' He then apologises to The Geatjon and says he was only trying to cut his meat, and the Greatjon laughs off his wound and tells Roose his meat is bloody tough too and they all have a quick laugh about it. But their laughs are cut short as Black Walder, Hosteen Frey and Merrett Frey all advance on the trio that Aberdeen later dubs 'The Trinity'(Greatjon, Roose and Robb). The Greatjon grabs a double edged axe from the wall but Roose and Robb nod at each other and then Robb says, time for my new finishing move 'The Red Winter! Roose then glows red but he transfers his aura to Robb, who then blasts a red aura/icy blast combo from his right hand at the three Freys, blasting them so hard it breaks every bone in their bodies and they also are plagued with nightmares about being flayed for their whole lives. Walder Frey literally can't believe any of this, but Robb says to Roose that he who passes the sentence should swing the sword and Roose gets this and then sentences Walder Frey to die and has Steelshanks Walton and Aberdeen throw him into the river below. Catelyn nodds in approval as all the Frey soldiers are captured just as Edmure Tully bursts in with a sword to help but everyone laughs because he is still naked and he is so embarrassed.

Aberdeen is actually rhaegar

13 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

You know the answer

I actually wrote him to be the same age Rhaegar would be so actually it is him and Rhaegar Frey is the same person because after his body was washed away down the Trident he was found by Walder Frey who raised him as his son as he was impressed with his wits and swordplay. 

Archived