Better Call Saul

SeanF

22 hours ago, RumHam said:

Oof. Poor Howard. 

It feels like forever since season five ended. 

Howard can be a bit of a jerk, but he deserves nothing like the degree of hatred that Kim harbours for him.

The last time I can remember Howard being a jerk was back in season one I think. Putting Kim in "doc review" because he was mad at her. I can't really think of anything else he did that was actually him being a jerk. 

On 6/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, SeanF said:

I thought this was interesting.  It really looks as though Kim is going through with her plan to destroy Howard Hamlin.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/1595724-better-call-saul-season-6-filming-clips-exposed-know-in-details

I don't think I want to watch that.  I can grant that Kim's heel turn was well done, and in hindsight it makes you, at least me, reflect on some of the inherent gender bias, by having always excused Kim's actions as being influenced by Jimmy....but the show made it clear that isn't quite right.  Jimmy may have been a conduit for opening the door in Kim's dark side, but the darkness was always there.  Ugh.

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The last time I can remember Howard being a jerk was back in season one I think. Putting Kim in "doc review" because he was mad at her. I can't really think of anything else he did that was actually him being a jerk. 

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't think I want to watch that.  I can grant that Kim's heel turn was well done, and in hindsight it makes you, at least me, reflect on some of the inherent gender bias, by having always excused Kim's actions as being influenced by Jimmy....but the show made it clear that isn't quite right.  Jimmy may have been a conduit for opening the door in Kim's dark side, but the darkness was always there.  Ugh.

It seems remarkably petty.  I've had a couple of nasty employers, and if I could have put the boot into them at the time, I probably would have done. But, to do so years later?  Not really.  And, Howard wasn't that nasty.

It seems a combination of resentment towards Howard, anger at the way he treated Jimmy, greed (disguised as providing money for her pro bono work)  and a desire to hit back at the system (perhaps based on whatever happened to her mother).

My prediction is that Howard will take his own life, after being framed.  Saul will have a crisis of conscience, and Kim will just shrug.

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It seems remarkably petty.  I've had a couple of nasty employers, and if I could have put the boot into them at the time, I probably would have done. But, to do so years later?  Not really.  And, Howard wasn't that nasty.

It seems a combination of resentment towards Howard, anger at the way he treated Jimmy, greed (disguised as providing money for her pro bono work)  and a desire to hit back at the system (perhaps based on whatever happened to her mother).

My prediction is that Howard will take his own life, after being framed.  Saul will have a crisis of conscience, and Kim will just shrug.

Ugh, yeah I just don't want to watch that.  I don't want Kim to be a villain. 

Agree, Howard wasn't that nasty and he's apologized for going overboard w/her, is actually not a bad guy at heart.  Another great heel turn of the show where Howard was seen as the villain only to find out it was really Chuck. 

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

I don't remember the specifics, but Howard seemed like, less of a dick than Jimmy, but still a dick, to Chuck.  And I can't remember if he did anything  actively to sabotage Kim's relationship with the bank or Schwicter and whatever.  I would think that Jimmy going after him would be the more likely choice but Kim is probably the better lawyer and maybe a bigger grudge holder.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2021 at 10:48 AM, Cas Stark said:

Ugh, yeah I just don't want to watch that.  I don't want Kim to be a villain. 

Agree, Howard wasn't that nasty and he's apologized for going overboard w/her, is actually not a bad guy at heart.  Another great heel turn of the show where Howard was seen as the villain only to find out it was really Chuck. 

I was positively surprised by the nuance they brought to Howard, because at the outset he seemed like the cartoonish cliche of a villain.

I, too, would hate to watch Kim sink into villainy.  I’d like to see her remain a fundamentally good person who is strong enough to opt out of Saul’s descent.  But that may not make for compelling TV.

We can confirm Bob is in stable condition after experiencing a heart related incident. He and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side. The Odenkirks would also like to thank everyone for the outpouring of well wishes and ask for their privacy at this time as Bob works on his recovery.

https://www.avclub.com/bob-odenkirk-allegedly-hospitalized-after-collapsing-on-1847375227

Glad that it seems like he's going to be ok. 

On 6/6/2021 at 10:35 PM, SeanF said:

I thought this was interesting.  It really looks as though Kim is going through with her plan to destroy Howard Hamlin.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/1595724-better-call-saul-season-6-filming-clips-exposed-know-in-details

Such a shitty article. Almost as if written by a bot purely for SEO purposes. 

• 7 months later...

Season five is finally going to be on Netflix I think the 7th. I had to pause my re-watch until then. I even signed up for a trial of AMC+ but they don't seem to have it either. 

Archived