Better Call Saul

SeanF

1 minute ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Perhaps part of the difference is that I am a person attracted to men and Michael Mando is about nine billion times more attractive

Aw, poor Aaron Paul.  See, you're just making me sympathize with him more!

24 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Gus thinks he’s dead now, he might keep it that way in hopes of getting revenge on Gus since he and Hector aren’t going to buy that Nacho wasn’t working for them. Maybe he’s the one who helps Hector get his revenge since obviously he didn’t arrange that alone.

I don't mean now, I'm talking about years later during Breaking Bad. Gus brings Jessie to Hector's nursing home to taunt him about taking out the cartel. He tells Hector that Jessie killed his last relative.

In terms of Kim, I like that they made her break a bit bad (so far she hasn't really done much). It wouldn't really be a story for her if she was just there to keep Jimmy on the right path.

"Be good, Jimmy!... Jimmy, if you aren't good, I will leave you!... Jimmy, I'm leaving you!" is not a story about Kim, it's a reaction to Jimmy. I like that they showed this other side to her.

In the latest episode, they showed Kim and Jimmy getting frisky with the word "audacious"! I think they are definitely playing with fire, but it makes for good drama.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Aw, poor Aaron Paul.  See, you're just making me sympathize with him more!

I’m sure Aaron Paul will be okay even if he somehow finds out that I- random lady on the internet with face tattoos that he would very likely find as unattractive as I find him- am not into him that way. Just like Michael Mando doesn’t care if he makes me swoon (though he does)

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

In terms of Kim, I like that they made her break a bit bad (so far she hasn't really done much). It wouldn't really be a story for her if she was just there to keep Jimmy on the right path.

"Be good, Jimmy!... Jimmy, if you aren't good, I will leave you!... Jimmy, I'm leaving you!" is not a story about Kim, it's a reaction to Jimmy. I like that they showed this other side to her.

Agreed.  Maybe it's because I only watched Season 5 last week and had heard a lot about Kim "breaking bad" that it was too hyped for me, but...I really don't see wanting to fuck over Howard as that "bad."  And it'd be lame/trite if she was just Jimmy's conscience that leaves him when he embraces Saul.

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I don't mean now, I'm talking about years later during Breaking Bad. Gus brings Jessie to Hector's nursing home to taunt him about taking out the cartel. He tells Hector that Jessie killed his last relative.

Yeah...thinking about how what we know from BB plays into all this, Saul clearly didn't seem to know Nacho was dead when he dropped his name to Walt and Jesse.  So..we got how many episodes left and he doesn't find that out?  Should be interesting...

Just now, DMC said:

Yeah...thinking about how what we know from BB plays into all this, Saul clearly didn't seem to know Nacho was dead when he dropped his name to Walt and Jesse. 

He could think that Lalo is both still alive and that he's now figured out that Saul cheated or set him up somehow, mistakingly or correctly, and is sending people after him. Saul then throws out the name of someone who is safely dead as the real culprit to try and save himself.

I don't think we really can tell what Saul knows in that episode, other than he appears to believe Lalo is still alive.

31 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

In the latest episode, they showed Kim and Jimmy getting frisky with the word "audacious"! I think they are definitely playing with fire, but it makes for good drama.

My guess is that Howard takes his own life after being disgraced.  Saul has a crisis of conscience, while Kim is completely indifferent.

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah...thinking about how what we know from BB plays into all this, Saul clearly didn't seem to know Nacho was dead when he dropped his name to Walt and Jesse.  So..we got how many episodes left and he doesn't find that out?  Should be interesting...

It’s ten more episodes I think, so we have a fair chunk to go.

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

I don't think we really can tell what Saul knows in that episode, other than he appears to believe Lalo is still alive.

Strictly speaking, yeah.  But..it'd be a pretty stupid gambit if Saul knew the basics of Nacho's death.  Because if he did, then he should also assume Lalo knows that Nacho is dead.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Strictly speaking, yeah.  But..it'd be a pretty stupid gambit if Saul knew the basics of Nacho's death.  Because if he did, then he should also assume Lalo knows that Nacho is dead.

Yes, but the point is that if he's concerned about Lalo coming to believe that Saul double-crossed him during BCS, then naming someone (who did in fact double-cross Lalo) in that time frame is as good a play as any.

My guess is that the show ends with Saul realizing Lalo is alive despite everyone saying he's dead... and then if Lalo does end up dying before BCS ends, Saul doesn't believe it because, hey, people already said he was dead once and that turned out to be untrue.

14 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yes, but the point is that if he's concerned about Lalo coming to believe that Saul double-crossed him during BCS, then naming someone (who did in fact double-cross Lalo) in that time frame is as good a play as any.

Agreed, it still makes sense as the desperation play no matter what.  But, rewatching the scene, seems not only clear that Saul thinks Lalo is still alive, but also that - at the least - Lalo would buy that Saul thinks Nacho is still alive. 

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agreed, it still makes sense as the desperation play no matter what.  But, rewatching the scene, seems not only clear that Saul thinks Lalo is still alive, but also that - at the least - Lalo would buy that Saul thinks Nacho is still alive. 

He’s no less blameable dead as long as what he thinks it’s about happened (or could have happened) before that

2 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

He’s no less blameable dead as long as what he thinks it’s about happened (or could have happened) before that

My point is if you watch the scene, Saul is playing it as if he himself still believes Nacho is alive. 

I am confused as to what Saul could be talking about in blaming Nacho for anything anyway. He doesn’t know Nacho was working for Gus or about how any of the shit at the compound went down. Their last interaction was after Saul met with Hank and Nacho would have seemed like a solid Lalo soldier. I don’t see anything where, even in desperation, Saul could hope to lay the blame on Nacho. Is he just randomly pulling a name out of his ass from the recent past?

If he were to learn that Nacho died a traitor to the cartel, using him as a general scapegoat would make more sense .

Michael Mando is definitely charismatic, and I hope he gets some good gigs after BCS.  Aaron Paul has a different thing going on, he is classically handsome and his charisma is more boyish.  When you add in that all of Jesse's violent actions were done as a result of Walt's manipulation, he becomes much more sympathetic, which is why I think so many people rooted for him to survive.  

I expect Kim will get a better ending than her character deserves because she is a huge favorite of the showrunners, just like Pinkman was.

8 hours ago, SeanF said:

Kim being jailed or killed is the likeliest conclusion to her arc IMHO.

I have to disagree with this. My thought is she realizes how messed up she is becoming and just leaves.

IMO the Saul we see in BB would be absolutely destroyed if Kim was dead or jailed due to his and her stupid schemes. It would be a huge continuity mistake for them to have her die this late in the show, so close to the BB time line. 

As to the episode, I like how Nacho went out, him adding in the fact that he is the one responsible for Hectors heart attack will really help sell that Fring wasn't working with him since Fring saved Hector.

Archived