Better Call Saul

SeanF

8 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

In terms of Kim, I like that they made her break a bit bad (so far she hasn't really done much). It wouldn't really be a story for her if she was just there to keep Jimmy on the right path.

"Be good, Jimmy!... Jimmy, if you aren't good, I will leave you!... Jimmy, I'm leaving you!" is not a story about Kim, it's a reaction to Jimmy. I like that they showed this other side to her.

In the latest episode, they showed Kim and Jimmy getting frisky with the word "audacious"! I think they are definitely playing with fire, but it makes for good drama.

If all she did was be good and scold Jimmy, a certain segment of viewers would hate her like Skyler.

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

I have to disagree with this. My thought is she realizes how messed up she is becoming and just leaves.

IMO the Saul we see in BB would be absolutely destroyed if Kim was dead or jailed due to his and her stupid schemes. It would be a huge continuity mistake for them to have her die this late in the show, so close to the BB time line. 

As to the episode, I like how Nacho went out, him adding in the fact that he is the one responsible for Hectors heart attack will really help sell that Fring wasn't working with him since Fring saved Hector.

I liked him referring contemptuously to Fring as “chicken man”.  TBH, I doubt if Hector and the cousins believe for one moment that Fring was uninvolved, but they can do nothing.

18 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

But it was given from the start that was the most likely outcome for Nacho- we all knew he wasn’t in Breaking Bad and you certainly didn’t expect anything nice to happen for him. We had a whole other show that was both after the fact and contained examples of what to expect for Nacho. By the time we meet him we know to expect heartbreak

I spent the whole time thinking “I am going to be so hurt later when I have to watch him die” I wouldn’t have cared -at all- if Jesse died

I screamed and cried. I kept hoping there was a way that Mike was going to save him. Nacho is a much better stand-alone character than Jesse. However, it's the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman relationship that makes them more compelling as a pair.

How is Mike going to keep his promise about protecting Nacho's dad? I don't remember what is Mike's situation when we meet him in BB, but surely he's not spending half his days watching for a Mexican guy.

Or does this mean that Mike will try to keep his promise, but that Nacho's dad will still get killed by the Salamancas? :( 

also, I liked the "do it" he whispers behind his riffle when Nacho threatens Bolsa. As if he wants Nacho to make this world a better place before leaving it

16 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

How is Mike going to keep his promise about protecting Nacho's dad? I don't remember what is Mike's situation when we meet him in BB, but surely he's not spending half his days watching for a Mexican guy.

Give him the fake Canadian ID and a convincing speech about how Nacho sacrificed himself and it will be for nothing if he waits around to get killed. Or vacuum guy, but that's trickier without Forster.

I don't see him dying after Nacho's sacrifice.

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Give him the fake Canadian ID and a convincing speech about how Nacho sacrificed himself and it will be for nothing if he waits around to get killed. Or vacuum guy, but that's trickier without Forster.

Agreed.  Without Forster they can just show the van showing up like the first time we saw it with Jesse.  Just, hopefully, Nacho's dad doesn't make the same decision Jesse did.

On Mike saying "do it," I took that to mean he and Nacho discussed him getting the gun and killing himself beforehand.

On 4/30/2022 at 10:28 PM, DMC said:

On Mike saying "do it," I took that to mean he and Nacho discussed him getting the gun and killing himself beforehand.

I think this really isn't the meaning of it. You can read that on Mike's face the following seconds: the short suprising look he has when Nacho points himself with the the gun, and then his half-disappointed, half-moved expression (that's great acting as well) after Nacho shoots himself.

Mike really doesn't give a damn about the cartel (at least this side of the cartel)

2 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Mike really doesn't give a damn about the cartel (at least this side of the cartel)

Mike clearly has no love for anybody Nacho could have potentially killed there.  Still, I didn't get the impression he was rooting for Nacho to kill any of them, given that would just cause him headaches.

21 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yeah, Mike wanted Nacho to run, as they discussed. 

To be clear I don't think the plan was ever for Nacho to escape, he was to run toward Victor and be shot mercifully in the head. When Mike said "do it" I think he meant "Kill yourself before one of the cousins shoots you in the shoulder and you end up getting tortured."

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

To be clear I don't think the plan was ever for Nacho to escape, he was to run toward Victor and be shot mercifully in the head. When Mike said "do it" I think he meant "Kill yourself before one of the cousins shoots you in the shoulder and you end up getting tortured."

he was supposed to run, and get shot. Mike didn't see the suicide coming. 

16 minutes ago, Relic said:

he was supposed to run, and get shot. Mike didn't see the suicide coming. 

Right, but Mike didn't see the whole thing with the glass shard and Nacho taking a hostage coming. At that point, when Nacho had a gun was when Mike said "do it" and I think he meant "end it. don't try to exact revenge on Bolsa because it's too risky that you'll be taken alive."

21 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Right, but Mike didn't see the whole thing with the glass shard and Nacho taking a hostage coming. At that point, when Nacho had a gun was when Mike said "do it" and I think he meant "end it. don't try to exact revenge on Bolsa because it's too risky that you'll be taken alive."

gotcha. That's not exactly how i read the scene but could very well be. Im thinking Nacho's death by his own hand is going to shake Mike up a bit in the coming episodes. 

54 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yes, this is what I think too.  In fact, if it wasn't for the scene where Tyrus puts the ziptie on Nacho right after dropping Mike off, I woulda thought it was Mike that loosened it so Nacho could escape in order to kill himself instead of relying on Victor shooting him/Gus' plan.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:54 PM, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

There is no need to protect his dad. No one has a reason to harm him. He was in danger while Nacho was alive, as a pawn to get to Nacho, but now, especially the way he made Gus look good his dad is safe.

17 minutes ago, dbunting said:

There is no need to protect his dad. No one has a reason to harm him. He was in danger while Nacho was alive, as a pawn to get to Nacho, but now, especially the way he made Gus look good his dad is safe.

I dunno man, Hector is pissed. He was considering killing the elder Varga before just because he refused to go along with his business being used as a front, Hector felt disrespected. I think he may send the cousins after him. For revenge and to send a message about betraying the cartel.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I dunno man, Hector is pissed. He was considering killing the elder Varga before just because he refused to go along with his business being used as a front, Hector felt disrespected. I think he may send the cousins after him. For revenge and to send a message about betraying the cartel.

Yeah, Hector literally had the twins carry him over to Nacho’s dead body just so he could pump some rounds into it. I don’t think pointless revenge is beyond him at all. 

Kind of a boring episode, comparatively. Was Tony Dalton filming Hawkeye when they shot these last three? I miss Lalo! What the hell is he doing in Mexico that would prove Fringe responsible?

I liked seeing the courthouse turn on Jimmy. And his disguise. But damn they are risking a lot to get that Sandpiper money and humiliate Howard.

Archived